PDA

View Full Version : 1 Time DC 9 -Falls off Jacks

CALCULATOR
13th Jul 2006, 12:23
You guys need to see a 1 Time DC 9 ZS-NRB just fell off its jacks here at JIA at 12.45 Thursday 13 JULY.The jack has pierced the whole fueslage and gone right through the whole aircraft-photos to follow soon.

This is going to be expensive :

Shrike200
13th Jul 2006, 13:08
Ouch! Photo's would be great - how'd it happen?!

Dog747
13th Jul 2006, 13:40
Just spoken to the guys. Seems a bolt shredded off the jack at the rear. Looks worse than what it is I hear. Reckon about a week to fix

CALCULATOR
13th Jul 2006, 18:05
I can not upload photos here but you can view it at http://mzone.mweb.co.za/residents/jdkruger/pix/1time.gif

Gauteng Pilot
13th Jul 2006, 18:42
Here's your image

http://mzone.mweb.co.za/residents/jdkruger/pix/1time.gif

putt for dough
13th Jul 2006, 19:08
My oh my....

You think heads are gonna roll on this anybody?
I think heads are definately gonna roll on this oopsie.:suspect:

ZERO3L
13th Jul 2006, 20:41
You guys who love to inform the whole world of trivial issues are so painful. It looks very much like a jack failure-ie. an accident. You seem to be like an excited fox terrier frothing over this-"standby the pics etc". Get a life. Not the first pic we have seen with an aircraft in this position and wont be the last. Go 1time!!!

Phenomenon
13th Jul 2006, 20:53
I agree with you ZERO3L but you have to remember that this is a rumour network... you don't have to run along like a kid wanting to tell his mommy something though.

Deskjocky
14th Jul 2006, 11:42
Whats the plane doing in the car park? anyway the way fuel prices are going is it really worth spending the cash to fix it?

madherb
14th Jul 2006, 16:22
Actually this aircraft was at rotate on the runway at FAVr (Watch the bl**dy tail Hoskins!).........
Either that, or 1Time was demonstrating to new jocks the exact angle at which a tailstrike will occur.
Or maybe a rather large contingent of cabin crew was practising EPT at the ramp exit....
Whatever happened, it was'nt the first and it won't be the last. $h!t happens in the best of families. :mad:
M

GULF69
16th Jul 2006, 18:35
Inside info:
One of the "20mm pins" (for lack of the correct term) holding the jack up severed, and caused the jack to collapse. The photo was taken on the apron behind Aeronexus/1time hangars.

411 B
17th Jul 2006, 06:35
ZS- NRB was rather BENT 7 years ago when a certain Blue Tail Airline operated her out of JNB. Now that was an Airline!

If they are going to repair her after this incident, maybe she will fly STRAIGHT again!:ok:

CALCULATOR
24th Jul 2006, 16:37
Rumour going around JIA is that the DC9 has been written off.This was due to the fact that the pressure bulkhead was cracked.

As we all know the body of these aircraft are not worth much, the value lies in the engines.These will be used on the rest of the fleet no doubt.:uhoh:

cigar
24th Jul 2006, 19:49
The damage looked pretty bad - went to have a ganders last week Saturday. As CALCULATOR said press bulkhead was cracked which isn't the ideal situation with respect to fuselage integrity...

Shrike200
25th Jul 2006, 06:01
You guys who love to inform the whole world of trivial issues are so painful.

Didn't sound trivial to me then, and still doesn't - especially if it gets written off.
Or worse, imagine somebody was working under it when it fell? I agree, this isn't a 1-time thing, it could happen to anybody. Learn from it, but don't try and minimise the implications, I reckon.