PDA

View Full Version : New JPA Allowances

jpa-in
13th Jul 2006, 11:03
HAs anyone read the new JPA Allowances doc yet ?

Noticed that HDT has gone to 70 miles. Does mean all of us that were capped at 50 miles, despite living beyond that, will be able to claim the mileage we originally claimed on RILOR ?

L J R
13th Jul 2006, 12:23
And I thought you were about to spread some good news on the capped actuals, receipted incidentals, access availability, speedy response, robust complaint procedures, Flying Pay, Red Cards for errors, etc.....

ah well, maybe next time!

breath out.......

SRENNAPS
13th Jul 2006, 12:52
HAs anyone read the new JPA Allowances doc yet ?

Could you tell me where you have seen this doc please?

stbd beam
13th Jul 2006, 13:54
I cannae remember exactly where to find the link at work, but its JSP 752 VIII you are looking for. Ch4 Sect13 spells out HTD and it appears at first glance to be capped at 50 miles. Mail me at [email protected] for the document - all 700-odd pages and 4.7Mb!!!

SB

SRENNAPS
13th Jul 2006, 14:45
Having just read a link to the new allowances wef 1 Aug 06, I think you will find that they have only inserted mileage rates for HTD for the 51 - 70 miles bracket. These figures were never published with the first issue of JSP 752. I believe that the rules with respect to claiming more than 50 miles remain the same.

Thanks anyway SB.

Rgds.

LFFC
13th Jul 2006, 16:09
Have they increased the HTD rate in this issue? When the old automatic system was first introduced, I clearly recall it being stated that the rate had been adjusted to account for our personal contribution. When JPA took over, the rate didn't increase yet we started making another personal contribution. The net result is that I'm worse off by about £50 a month. Great at a time when the price of petrol has increased by nearly 20% in a year!

Heywood Djablowme
13th Jul 2006, 19:01
http://izz.dioxide.net/pix/gunn/ed-poo-2002.jpg

SRENNAPS
13th Jul 2006, 20:05
I have one further question. Are the Army and Navy using the latest JPA rates for HTD and are they paying a personal contribution or are they still on RILOR.

BlahBlah25
13th Jul 2006, 21:10
The Army and Navy are not on the allowances yet they are still using old rates for RPOD and RILOR and GYH(P). However, they are nowe having actuals paid on their 1771's/C30's.

In respect of actuals LOA is now payable for ALL trips away providing an LOA area was visited. the list of areas is extensive. In order to claim LOA you are required to submit your detachment (or telporary assignment!!) to your HR Admin when you return who will action to JPA. An example of how much this can attract is a 5 day trip to the USA is around £80 for a Flt Lt. However these detachments need to be submitted to HR within 3 months of the start of the trip else JPA will not allow it to be actioned.

So all them trips that you have taken since mid april submit them to your PSF's and get some extra cash, this is one element of JPA that does work...

TheInquisitor
13th Jul 2006, 22:03
Does that include Operational Dets?

I'm owed a fair wack if it does!

jpa-in
14th Jul 2006, 06:31
My hopes have been dashed ( again )

It appears that the new 51-70 miles apspect of the HTD is help those with 'exceptional circumstances' claim their motor mileage allowance.

HTD rate remains the same.

Guess us 'unexceptional' individuals will continue being sha**fted !!!! :*

Nice to see that 20p a day rise in the daily subsistence though. :ugh:

Best link I found was in the Brampton JPA site, scrolling news items.