PDA

View Full Version : Skippers get that 'sinking' feeling...

Whoop Whoop - Oops
13th Jul 2006, 05:01
Oops - went off the edge of the apron just after a cyclone went through - that's not going to work too well! :ooh:
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9009/21gt1.jpg
Just as well the Braz has an F/O!
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4920/37gh1.jpg
OK guys - if you want to get back home you need to give us a push back!
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9982/45fi2.jpg
OK, that's just about done it......
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4196/51cl.jpg
It was only bogged up to the axle with the brakes etc covered in dirt but it's OK - we'll fly it back as is without engineering checking it first! She'll be right mate! :ok:

rmcdonal
13th Jul 2006, 09:23
That marker cone looks very close to the tire tread, was it put down after the bogging?
Every one has their bad days (Just most of the time they aren’t broadcast across the net) :ooh:
However I can see the funny side. :}

Contract Con
13th Jul 2006, 10:54
Nice to see the F/O in all the shots contributing to the relief effort, while the Capt. keeps a watchful eye:hmm:

Havn't seen an F/O taxi and bog a Bras before.

Me thinks I'd be handing the shovel to the Capt.!!!

Cheers,

Con:ok:

P.s Yes, I have bogged my fair share of Aeroplanes over the years:{

ballsdeep
13th Jul 2006, 11:02
Its good to see the ol` plumbers crack is still live and well. Second from the right. :uhoh: :yuk: :eek: :bored: :confused: :(

ContactMeNow
13th Jul 2006, 13:24
Wonder what would have happened if one of the people pushing the plane did their back in???

Jose Cuervo
13th Jul 2006, 15:43
Great photos, especially the shovel shot.

pakeha-boy
13th Jul 2006, 16:28
what hapened to the 4WD.....MUST HAVE BEEN BROKE AY?????

DirectAnywhere
13th Jul 2006, 20:48
I'm with Jose! Thanks for the photos.

Done it myself so no laughing....well maybe just a little!:} NIce to see someone else can do it too!

Capt Claret
14th Jul 2006, 06:29
I have slides (somewhere) provided by a former colleague from TAA Res (EWL - rember David McLure?) who was seated over the wing of a TWA 747 taxing at Heathrow. They forgot to line up and buried the nosewheel in mud, such that just the top of the tyres was visible, and the aircraft was blocking the duty rwy threshold. Circa mid 70's.

Caused great havoc but none of the pax were employed to push it free. :\

Pass-A-Frozo
14th Jul 2006, 13:08
:} Could have been worse... was trying to find that photo of the Herc that sank through the pavement.

yowie
14th Jul 2006, 15:40
Now I know why those tyre marks(OK,bog holes) are there,no one wanted to say anything! Great chops:ok:

Richo
15th Jul 2006, 12:13
Not to mention Bullo river, PAF

Led Zep
15th Jul 2006, 14:15
Nice to see the F/O in all the shots contributing to the relief effort, while the Capt. keeps a watchful eye:hmm:

Havn't seen an F/O taxi and bog a Bras before.

Me thinks I'd be handing the shovel to the Capt.!!!

I think you'll find that the fo is the one keeping an eye on things and is not the one with the shovel!
That was a little while ago that was but absolutely brilliant pics. :ok:

Brasilian Bird
15th Jul 2006, 16:18
I see they've taken the cargo out to lighten the load... perhaps it was an emergency shipment of foam cups? :E

Interesting pics, but if that were me, not too sure I'd be so happy about having my mug splashed over the 'net! Especially if I were the one not digging!!! :}

Led Zep
16th Jul 2006, 13:42
I see they've taken the cargo out to lighten the load... perhaps it was an emergency shipment of foam cups? :E

I've been told that they are contraband?! :}

Brasilian Bird
22nd Jul 2006, 04:34
Zep, not if you know where to hide 'em!!! :}

And you're right, it is the F/O supervising... Does the name Sanchez ring a bell? :E

Would this be last year sometime, am positive something of this kind hasn't happened lately...!

Hmmm.... then again....! j/k

Led Zep
23rd Jul 2006, 15:49
Brasilian Bird,
It appears that it happened not so long ago! One March morning this year I'm told by reliable sources. :E

Will Robinson
24th Jul 2006, 12:47
Richo
I think at Bullo the station D8 was required there wasn't it after they were specificly told by the owner not to go past the hanger when they asked for permission to use the strip?

MelbPilot85
24th Jul 2006, 16:07
Last name Bogart?