PDA

View Full Version : New dom carrier???

Heywood Jablome
13th Jul 2006, 02:52
Just heard a rumour of a new dom carrier in to PER .. have not been on PPRUNE for a couple of weeks has it been discussed or if not does anyone know anything???

Icarus2001
13th Jul 2006, 03:27
In to PER from where?

Deejay 1
13th Jul 2006, 03:34
Here we go again.

The great Australian landscape littered with more skeletal remains of those who think they can.

Compass 1 & 2
Impulse
Ansett Mark 2
OzJet

Would suggesting that they are 50 years too late be pushing it?
Before the Guvmint of the day locked in the 2 airline policy?

Perhaps these entrepreneurs should be asked:

How do you make a small fortune in the aviation industry?

Answers please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rock on!

Apophis
13th Jul 2006, 06:17
start with a large one.

king oath
13th Jul 2006, 06:27
Groan. Who cares.

jarjar
13th Jul 2006, 12:12
Alliance possibly:)

Dr Reedalldabooks
13th Jul 2006, 12:19
What? The rental car company is starting an airline? :} :} :D

The Voice
13th Jul 2006, 22:02
JarJar - goodness me, from a charter company BNE into a 'new' domestic carrier PER ...

That's a big call

apacau
13th Jul 2006, 22:24
especially big call considering
1. Alliance flies F100 just like established carrier Skywest
2. Skywest and Alliance have worked together in the past quite successfully on use of F100s - why would Alliance muscle in?
My guess is that if there is any reality in this rumour, it might be an eastward (or at least central) expeansion of Skywest. I have also heard this rumour. And to give them the fleet to do it may be where Alliance comes in...
Then again, 99.99% of these rumours are nothing more than that: unfounded RUMOURS

topend3
13th Jul 2006, 23:03
i know they recently elected to keep their 3rd F100 in service so maybe they are planning to use it somewhere central. then again, they basically need it as a spare with all the breakdowns they have...:sad:

Hawk777
14th Jul 2006, 12:12
Heard that Alliance may have won the Mt Keith / Leinster contract. That would be good reason for them to move to Perth.

So as F/O Bloggs said, looks like Skywest won't be going to MNE / LST, and neither will National Jet.

Moniker
15th Jul 2006, 22:18
so, who does what over there now?

I have also heard that a few crew from Alliance are going to call PER home before the end of the year.

HorseTrailer
16th Jul 2006, 10:30
Yes,its true..Alliance will do the Mt Keith and Leinster routes as of 1st Nov.

topend3
16th Jul 2006, 23:17
and how many flights is the MNE/LST contract for per week?

QQ do the mining stuff very well...i believe they have a good reputation...

podbreak
17th Jul 2006, 11:16
I believe this is a misunderstanding. The 'new' carrier isn't a 'new carrier' but an existing airline that does not currently fly into Perth, new for Perth, not new airline.

Perhaps the same airline weighing up the ATR vs Q300/400 to revolutionise its fleet, it would seem.

now let the rumours continue!

Skystar320
19th Jul 2006, 20:52
Well, I would have posted sooner though work travel through europe is taking much more time than i anticapted.

I indeed brought up the rumour of a new carrier in Australia a couple of weeks / months ago though it was brought with no enthusiam whatsever.

From keeping my head down on the ground i believe its in the pipeline that another carrier based in perth would operate scheduled services from Perth to Sydney / Melbourne initially then expanding to enclude Brisbane / Adeliade / Carins. The equipment they had in mind was Boeing 757 equipment though A320's have come into the picture.

The carrier is to operate it as a 'no; frills operation but the aircraft will be configured into 2 classes. They only expect to do trans Australia and no intrested in the eastern seaboard operations as these are too marginal.

Anyway i come back to Aussie nxt week I shall come back and post futher but without further adue i must bid farewell

Adious!

Skystar320