PDA

View Full Version : Aspiring commercial pilot

BWEEpilot
13th Jul 2006, 00:47
Hello all.I'm new here.I tried posting one before,but it has not appeared,so I guess I have to write over.I'm 16yrs of age and aspiring to be a pilot.After High school,which I finish next year,I plan to attend ERAU and get my degree in Aeronautical Science.What I am asking you guys is do you think I should go to this school or I can get the exact thing at a lower cost.Also,I my assumption is after the degree,I have to do hours and get certain licences such as ATP.The CAPT program at ERAU,is that it?Will it be a good asset.My dream has always been to be an airline pilot from the age of 9yrs.From then,I have never acknowledged seriously any other profession.Being a pilot,especially a successful one,to me is the most elite you can get in the working world.I have alot of knowledge os aviation from various sitese,e.g airliners.net,jetphotos.net,caribbeanalpa.com and many more.I know all about planes and airlines.I guess right know I'm just an avid enthusiast.I use MSFS for the while to partially satisfy my hunget to fly an aircraft.Currently,I am a member of the FTG group(its kinda like star alliance in the real world).I know a good bit of flying myself,but when it comes to the real thing with my edu.,I think you guys are my best advisors.I would like to know things like after school,shoould I do my A's and so on.I need,proper,thorough guidance.Don't even bother warning me about the industry because I know all about it.Once it is God's will and you trust in him thing will work out.

Thanks alot in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

scroggs
13th Jul 2006, 07:10
Your post was moved to the appropriate thread here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=228634). Please make an effort to have a look round and read what has already been posted before you ask questions. There is an enormous amount of information here - ah, but perhaps you don't need it! It would seem advice is unnecessary: Don't even bother warning me about the industry because I know all about it

I wouldn't trust to your God too much; he doesn't run a flying school, won't do the work for you, and nor does he give out the jobs.

Scroggs