PDA

View Full Version : Information Desperately Required!!!

christopher_faulds
12th Jul 2006, 21:17
Hello everyone,
Please let me begin by apologising if this is a very common thread!! Im just finishing up my JAA atpl (also have my FAA CPL/ME/IR) and am very interested in flying over in Africa, for more reasons than JUST HR Building. But to be honest i really don't know where to begin ? I get the idea that you cant really contact firms over the phone and its really just a case of get your arse over there. But where is there? And what are the chances of finding work for a humble low hour pilot like myself. Any tips and pointers would be very much appreciated. Thanks guys and girls !!

P.S what license system do the use FAA, JAA or their own??:ok:

Phenomenon
13th Jul 2006, 00:06
Most of the contracts in Africa are probably operated by South African companies, most of which are based at Lanseria Airport in Johannesburg. South Africa uses they're own CAA or ICAO standard license and you will more likely than not have to do a South African license.

Being low time might also be a problem seeing as though there are currently aLOT of low time pilots in South Africa and also most of the contracts are for NGO's such as UN and ICRC all of which have a stipulated minimum hour requirement on which they will not bend on.

Namibia is also a good option allthough the job market in Namibia is pretty full at the moment as far as I know.

Further than that I do not know but I know however that there are private/semi-private operators elsewhere in Africa but with them it's purely being at the right place at the right time.

Good luck to you! :ok:

putt for dough
13th Jul 2006, 09:18
The best for you to do would be to use the search function.
You are bound to find plenty detailed info about your request!

Cheers

christopher_faulds
13th Jul 2006, 10:02
Hey thanks Phenomenon, it all helps!!:ok:

free2tess
13th Jul 2006, 10:26
Hi,
I think the best thing to do is to decide on where in afirca you would like to work , then you can try visiting their websites, check for their requirements and apply. If you intrested in Nigeria, you can simply try visiting this airlines. Virgin Nigeria{www.virginnigeria.com}, Aero-contractors{www.acn.aero.com}, Arik-Air?{www.arikjobs.com}. whichever airline you decide to work with, you can search google. I hope i've been of help, Good-Luck:ok: