PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Nigeria - Interviews, jobs & employment news (Pilots)

regulator
6th Nov 2005, 17:26
Hello,

Help!!!!!!! Got the interview in a week.
Could anyone please give some info. on what to expect at the interview. Heard there is a tech. paper??? If so, what type of questions..........aerodynamics, performance, engines????

Many Thanks.
Ak. :ok:

LongJohnThomas
7th Nov 2005, 04:07
Just like you have said? Expect questions on the topics you mentioned.
Good luck mate.:ok:

regulator
7th Nov 2005, 21:43
thanks......... a bit short on time, anymore details????????
Any psychometric, personality test??:{

Blah Blah Fishpaste
8th Nov 2005, 05:43
It wopuld be a good idea to brush up on ur all weather ops, and Jepp knowledge as well dude, they like to throw some of that into the mix.

If you dont know the answer to something, then say so, dont try BS ur way through, or at least make reference to where you can find the info.
:uhoh:

Good luck dude, may the force be with you!:8

Capt. Manuvar
30th Nov 2005, 15:08
VK has advertised for flight deck crew again, there is no minimum requirement stated. Does this mean that there is hope for the young generation? Could anyone be kind enough to give us an idea of what to expect during the interview and the sim assessment? It is unlikely that they will meet their goal of employing 120 pilots by mid next year looks unlikely at The rate at which they have been going on about pilot recruitment, unless some big changes are made. Rumor has it that this might be one of the reasons simon hartford got the boot.
Finally, What is VKs pay? I don't know why it has been a big secret. Rumour alsohas it that it has been increased. there where rumors that initially VK was offering two different pay scales for Nigerians and expats. Nigerians were offered about 40% of what expats were offered. Rumor yet again has it that a 737 F/O is worth $5000pm

LongJohnThomas
7th Dec 2005, 00:41
That rumour is crap!
They put all the money on flight duty allowances and bonuses!
No real money can be realized from the crewing on VK.
:{ :ok:

NIJASEA
15th Dec 2005, 14:52
LJT
With what is going on in the airspace now do you think money should be a priority in looking for a job or the knowledge that if you find a fault on your aircraft you can snag it without being penalised and you will not exceed 100hrs pm with a pay that can be negotiated later on or do you want to earn a lot of money on paper and have someone "surcharge" you (we know who guys dont we;) ) for not taking a flight or showing up late to operate your 140th hr flight in 25 days.

You have to live to spend what you earn.

Capt. Manuvar
17th Dec 2005, 13:58
Virgin Nigeria is still advertising for pilots. Does any one know what their current recruitment plans are? Everything seems to have gone very quiet

67Driver
1st Mar 2006, 00:07
Can anyone please tell me what the interview procees is like for Virgin Nigeria. Any info would be appreciated.

Cyclopps
1st Mar 2006, 01:03
67 Driver,it depends on the position you are being interveiwed for.

oba_idan_amani
11th Mar 2006, 18:44
Rumour has it that Virgin Nigeria is currently carrying out internal sponsorships for its employees. All ground staff and cabin crew members are invited to apply, and have already applied. Rumour also has it that the chosen guys (numbering about 40), will be trained in South Africa (why not UK, America or Canada).
Question is, when are we guys with low hours going to be considered ? Surely if they need / desperate for pilots, they will not be asking for ATP as entry requirement for F/O and then, be training cadets. Comments Please.

Emi Te yin,
Oba Idan Amani.

captain cumulonimbus
11th Mar 2006, 20:34
You know my friend,its the same story all over africa-those low-hour pilots are almost regarded as being "invisible' to the industry-too 'experienced' (or white,or male,or foreign) to be considered for cadetship,too "inexperienced" to get in straight on to line flying.

I have no answers for you,except to say that thats how it just is.

Cb

surely not
12th Mar 2006, 21:47
The real shame is how ready all you pilots are to listen to rumours, particularly those which allegedly show an airline to be 'unfair' to you.
If you are good enough, and mere accumulation of hours doesn't mean you are good enough, you'll get your chance, but the airlines are there to make money therefore they won't offer jobs that they don't need. If the fleet growth is only by two aircraft then they won't be employing hundreds of pilots to crew them, so make sure your skills are feckin' good if you want to get one of the few positions up for grabs.

B Sousa
12th Mar 2006, 22:53
If you are good enough, and mere accumulation of hours doesn't mean you are good enough, you'll get your chance,

Surely there could be other things involved. Like being the right person, at the right place and at the right time.
Works much better than being qualifed.

oba_idan_amani
13th Mar 2006, 08:06
My friend, this is a rumour website for pilots and if you hear one, you are welcome to share it with the rest us, which was what I did. If you work for Virgin Nigeria, are you going to deny the internal sponsorships going on right now for cadets ? If they are (got this information from a reliable cabin crew who has applied himself), then why are we low hours guys not even considered for interview. Most of us have spent thousands of pounds to get either fatpl or cpl for whereever, and some of us even have degrees in relevant technical fields from well established top European universities.
Secondly, I believe if you can read, then you will understand exactly what I meant by what I wrote. I have no doubt whatsoever, that if given the chance, I will probably fly better than you in the sim (with your thousand of hours that is), so I don’t know what you are on about suggesting if I am good enough, you don’t even know me men. Anyway, I will still be flying my beach, and one day, I will get the 1500 hours and then re-apply, hopefully I wont meet you or your likes at the interview panel. We low time hours pilot need a chance Goda**********.

Oba Idan Amani

Capt. Manuvar
13th Mar 2006, 16:33
The problem i hve is that VK for some reason doesn't want to touch guys with less than 1500hrs and ATPL. Then all of a sudden they are so keen on training cabin crew and ground staff, this has been confirmed by numerous relaible employees. i just don't understad why their ignoring the CPLs

Oyindo
13th Mar 2006, 19:07
Boy oh Boy, here we go again.
Low hour pilots should be given chance too.
With the expected expansion there will be room for all interested candidates.
VK is doing it's best for now
:ouch:

jimmyhagendas
14th Jun 2006, 13:33
Im invited for the interview with Virgin Nigeria on a Storm Aviation contract,does anyone know how the interview is conducted ?
From what they told me there would be a sim ride,technical test and psychometric test,is the psychometric test pusle and mathematics and stuff ?
And is the technical test An Airbus technical or general atpl stuff ?
Would be happy if someone would enlighten me on this. :hmm:

Thanks....

deep flyer
23rd Jun 2006, 13:25
Hi, anyone around who knows how it is to work for virgin nigeria? Recruitment process, salary, rosters....

:D thanks, deep flyer

Boeing737jock
12th Jul 2006, 17:10
Hello

I am on a lucky path! just got call for Virgin Nigeria interview on 20 July, anyone who did this interview before contact me please!

cheers

jock:ok:

putt for dough
12th Jul 2006, 18:29
You're on a roll B737jock!
Whats that now Ethiopian,Virgin Nigeria, who knows
SAA might be next to give you a call :}

Solid Rust Twotter
12th Jul 2006, 19:10
Well done, boet! Good luck at the interviews.:ok:

surely not
13th Jul 2006, 09:46
Sincere best wishes to you. VK are a good bunch and very proffessional.

Boeing737jock
13th Jul 2006, 14:13
Thank you to all!

They told me that i will have to write a tech exam, anyone got information about it?

jock

planeshipcar
9th Aug 2006, 13:32
I could not help but notice that Storm do a A320 type rating with Virgin Nigeria besides Wizz air.

Does anyone know more about this and whether or not Virgin has been employing straight out of this?

Pesci
4th Sep 2006, 17:30
Hi All,

I have an interview with Virgin Nigeria through the Storm contract A320 ccq to A340 does anyone have any information on the interview, tech exam and basic layout of the day etc

Thanks all

Bad Robot
5th Sep 2006, 10:07
Pesci, do you have A320 time already or do you just have a basic rating and are looking for a CCQ to the A340?

BR.

unablereqnavperf
5th Sep 2006, 17:04
Nice company very friendly and proffesional so far so good on the A340 fleet anyway, also met some of the 737guys and the same seems to apply!

good luck with the interview guys!

Rani
5th Sep 2006, 17:54
aren't the A320s supposed to return to the lessor anyway?

The plan was to replace them with 733s...

VK good company indeed....:ok:

Justice Too
6th Sep 2006, 21:38
Hi Everybody,

What is the situation at present with Virgin Nigeria?

Are they still taking First Officers an/or Captains?

How do you get your name on the list with Storm to be called for an interview?

Pesci, you are a lucky man, please send me a pm if you have any news!

Thanks for any information.

Justice Too

gen3
7th Sep 2006, 10:52
JT
check this link (http://www.virginnigeria.com/en/ng/jobs.aspx) out
good luck.
gen3:ok:

Bad Robot
7th Sep 2006, 23:20
What are the General T & C's?

Salary, Rosters etc, usual stuff. Thanks.:ok:

BR.

dejidip
21st Sep 2006, 20:15
The virginnigeria jobs are still available and interviews /assessments are still ongoing,RIGHT STUFF;Apply and go through the selection process,Nothing ventured/nothing gained.All the best guys.IT is a very fair selection process I can confirm that.:ok:

Flying Touareg
21st Sep 2006, 20:24
they are already advertsing in PPRUNE.
Any idea on whether they have come down on the minimum hours requirements for the type rated ones?And supposing i have the 733type rating but not the hours, any chance of scaling through?

dejidip
21st Sep 2006, 20:35
Good question,just saw the advert on pprune too.Give them a call or just simply apply that way no rumours;your best bet is to apply and see what happens GOOD LUCK:ok:

Flying Touareg
21st Sep 2006, 20:43
will give it a try again. but after so many efforts, we small pilots dey kampe:cool: the young shall grow:cool:

dejidip
21st Sep 2006, 20:48
Thats the right spirit the young will grow definitely but must possess a never say die attitude till you realise your dreams best of luck and never give up.:ok:

BIRIMBAO
17th Oct 2006, 14:20
Hi guys,
Has anybody gone for the interview with Virgin Nigeria in Lagos. I am due for the end of november interview. Any comments, suggestions, alternatives.

The Dominican
18th Oct 2006, 22:23
Can somebody chime in on their trip rosters, Pay, quality of life ect. I'm entertaining the crazy Idea of commuting to the US. Maybe when they start having direct flights states side it won't be such a crazy idea.:sad:

Bartholomew
24th Oct 2006, 00:34
This may all be BS, but I've heard they are desperate for A340 people, skips at GBP9000 a month, and you'll only see Lagos for 6 days a month... month on, month off. Could be rubbish, but who knows how desperate they are? Good luck to all ;)

unablereqnavperf
24th Oct 2006, 20:21
Not that desperate Captains are on £50 000.00 per anum with a bonus if the company is in profit around 25% of gross. There is a very high chop rate from the Virgin Atlantic training so beware! Not really worth the effort many better jobs available. Nice company though and some very proffesional guys to fly with.

Bartholomew
25th Oct 2006, 21:13
Many thanks, I will take that advise very seriously. Keep safe up there.

B

bolander
26th Oct 2006, 15:27
I operate in and out of Lagos in Nigeria often. I Can see how anyone can live in Lagos, even for all the money in the world. The requirements for Virgin Nigeria is 500 hours for First officer.

bolander
26th Oct 2006, 15:36
I think it will be super nice to fly for Virgin Nigeria, and the modern aircraft. But does any body want to live in Nigeria ? I will not for all the money in the world ! I opperate in and out of Lagos often. Virgin N requirements for F/o is 500 hours total time.

NIJASEA
28th Oct 2006, 08:07
Its nice to know some wont live in lagos for all the money they think they will get in VK. Sorry for you guys coz it beats me that you are willing to take Vk money but cant live where you work. Be advised eventually Vk has to move all its flight crew to lagos to cut costs, having more than 1 base is inefficeint UK/LOS... Why cant people apply for a job coz they want to fly safe modern aircraft in a company with growth potential rather than "GET A TYPE AND RUN". How do we expect nigerian aviation to develop.
We do have a union in nigeria why dont we revive it and solve our problems i am sure the companies will support a well organised union.
VK needs 500hrs but apply even if you have less time only recruiting on the737 for now.
Got my interview in november, wish me luck:ok:

LongJohnThomas
30th Oct 2006, 19:04
Nijasea,
You and i both know thats not exactly true, but, i'll let that ride.:D
About the union, i have sent you the details and spoken to some other ones recently, please look into it mate.
I wish you luck on your interview matey.:ok:
We need to work together to flush out our rotten eggs!!!!
At least some of us might just have an inclination to come home finally!!!
:ok:
As for you BOLANDER!!!! We are delighted you have no reason to want to live in lagos, we could do without people like you.
We are a proud nation despite our shortcomings; i assure you, they are temporary!!!!

VHF1
1st Apr 2007, 10:16
Hope VNA is a huge success.....any ideas what the roster t + c 's are for an f/o????

v

13th Apr 2007, 12:19
i recently did an interview with vk this year, and the reply from them is that they are only looking for pilots with 737/300-500 type. even though the requirements for hours has dropped, how many pilots have the rating.

game_gaurav
6th May 2009, 02:13
I did my CPL in Canada n I am from India....i have a total of 236 hrs of flying experience only....i was looking for a job in canada but couldn't find one...everybody told me to get an instructor rating to get more hrs....i don't wanna be an instructor at all...can anybody help me in finding a job.....if required i can even take multi IFR rating too....help would be really appreciated.....

LongJohnThomas
6th May 2009, 07:23
game_gaurav,
No offence, but i keep getting emails from agencies with titles like 'Its Raining Planes in INDIA''!!!
Why not try your region first, before venturing into hostile territory?
Just my advice son, you'll need it.
Cheers.:ok:

game_gaurav
6th May 2009, 16:02
I'm already in the process of converting my Canadian CPL to Indian as they need an Indian CPL for hiring..A lot of my friends have already done that but are still sitting idle at home....I'm trying my best but am not getting any positive results....thanx for the suggestion anyway...If there's any other suggestions for me plz let me know..n thanx again......