PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Citation type rating information

ToneTheWone
12th Jul 2006, 13:28
I’m looking to do a Citation type rating with the eventual aim of entering the world of business aviation. Question: apart from Flightsafety, does anybody have any information on organisations in the UK who offer a type rating course on the Citation, and the likely costs?

I’m a little unsure of which type rating allows you to fly Citations of different flavours, so any information would also be welcome. Also which type is likely to open up the most doors?

All information would be gladly received:ok:

p_ace
12th Jul 2006, 13:49
First you have to decide whether you are going JAA or FAA. Many private corporate citations tend to be N reg, Cayman or Bermudan while the AOC aircraft require JAA.

Getting the 500 series is your cheapest and most versatile route as the 500 series includes the 500/550/560.

Flight safety are very expensive for the self financer and to end up with a green type rating without turbine time will most prob leave you high and dry.

Same old problem of not having jet time and not being attractive to employers without.

The changes to single pilot operations on private aircraft could mean that you may get right seat to legalise previous single pilot operators but with nothing but pocket money until you hit the 250 and 500 jet hours where you start to be attractive as a co-pilot/Captain.

p_ace

ToneTheWone
12th Jul 2006, 14:45
P ACE thanks for that. A swift and speedy resonse if there ever was one. I do have just over 750 hours multi-crew turbine time, so hopefully that will make me a little more attractive but you never know.

ToneTheWone:ok:

Miles Magister
12th Jul 2006, 18:48
TTW

The price of a flight safety Citation Bravo type rating (Which gives you 500/550/560 on your license) at Farnborough is not unreasonable in the market place. The chap who heads the Citation programme is a nice guy. You would need to do 6 landings in a jet with a TRE once you completed the course. There is a Citation Bravo and TRE at Cambridge who will often do this for a fee.

The other options are a Citation II rating at Paris or a Citation II or Bravo rating with Executive Aviation Services at Gloucester.

There is currently plenty of work out there for people with 500/550/560 on their license. Both 247 Jet and LEA are hurting for pilots.

Good Luck

MM

flyingmasai
13th Jul 2006, 14:57
Our company send us to simuflite CAE in Dallas for C525, 550, 560
I bielieve it is about 15000 usd.

HS125
18th Jul 2006, 18:46
If you go tho Flight Safety for example you could have the type applied to both your JAA and FAA licences. If you only want FAA or are adverse to Flight Safety or their ilk for some reason I know of a guy in Arizona who runs a fantastic course on the citation for a lot less money (PM me or whatever). Beware of insurance issues (especially for P1 flying) of not having been to FSI/Simuflite at least once for the type though. Also the 6 takeoffs and landings thing only applies if you are applying the type to your JAA licence.

USD
19th Jul 2006, 20:37
For most UK ops think in terms of at least 500 hours. CAE are very well respected.