PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar Pilot recruitment

GTP
12th Jul 2006, 08:42
Got an interview with jetstar. can anyone give me anyinfo on what to expect? Please. info about the physc and interview.
I am already a jet Cpt and got an offer from EK so any insider info on what they are like to work for would be good.

jack red
12th Jul 2006, 10:52
Already a JET Captain.........wow !....and offered a B777 DEC with EK......outstanding !!

.........can anyone give me anyinfo on what to expect?

When they ask you to bend over......and you will...............BRACE ;)

Aussie
12th Jul 2006, 23:23
why would ya take a job with Jet* over EK?

yeah ive heard all the rumours at EK, but it cant possibly be as bad as Jet*!

Aussie

Eagleman
13th Jul 2006, 03:03
Stay put.

JQ management should not to be trusted.

Night Hawk
14th Jul 2006, 03:24
Anybody had an FO's interview lately or coming up from Aus or OS??? :confused: It all seems to have gone quiet. :ugh:
No one from my work has heard boo. :hmm: All have over 6000TT with most having 4000 command on small to large twin turbo props. What type of driver are they after?? (No BS answers on paying for the END Please) :mad:
Have all the spots been filled from OS? :*

toolish
14th Jul 2006, 05:03
More interviews aren't far away

jack red
14th Jul 2006, 09:46
Night Hawk if you answer NO to paying for A320 endorsement in the Jetstar application you won't get a sniff .........just yet.

BUT.....................Hang in their buddy, 'cause things are gunna change !

9Ws
14th Jul 2006, 12:16
Jack Red... care to elaborate how things are gonna change?

I've got 4750 hours TT and I'm A320 endorsed on my Aussie ATPL with more than 600 hours on type as a F/O, but still haven't gotten anywhere with them.

The way I see it, with my endorsement (and type rating done with Airbus in Toulouse) they don't have to spend a cent on training me... shouldn't they be happy with that?

Guess I'm missing out on something very obvious... something that is yet to dawn on me.

Until things change with them, I'll just continue with my current employer.... but really, would love to know what's going on within, coz it's making no sense to me.

Night Hawk
14th Jul 2006, 17:29
There's always one dick who can't read!!!:ugh:

jack red "(No BS answers on paying for the END Please)"

Alot of guys out there are just trying to find out some useful info then make their choices from there.

Aussie
14th Jul 2006, 23:21
Jack Red... care to elaborate how things are gonna change?
I've got 4750 hours TT and I'm A320 endorsed on my Aussie ATPL with more than 600 hours on type as a F/O, but still haven't gotten anywhere with them.
The way I see it, with my endorsement (and type rating done with Airbus in Toulouse) they don't have to spend a cent on training me... shouldn't they be happy with that?
Guess I'm missing out on something very obvious... something that is yet to dawn on me.
Until things change with them, I'll just continue with my current employer.... but really, would love to know what's going on within, coz it's making no sense to me.

Mate, training costs dont bother them, you pay for them anyway!

Aussie

Jose Cuervo
15th Jul 2006, 02:47
Gday GTP,

I had the behavioral interview with Jetstar about a year ago. It went for about 30 mins and they asked behavioral questions like...

Tell us about a time you worked in a team, and what was your role.

Describe a time when you had to do a very tedious task, and how did you approach it.

etc

There was 5 questions asked along those lines, along with the usual "tell us about your flying career, why do you want to join jetstar..."

The interview was conducted by a training captain and an admin person from HR.

The interviewers made me feel very relaxed, and I was asked back for a sim ride, however I declined due to another job offer. I'm not too sure if they combine the sim and behavioral interview now, as they did do in previous years. The sim was to be conducted in a 767.

Do yourself a favour and research behavioral interview techniques on the net and prepare accordingly before you do the interview.

Good luck.