PDA

View Full Version : top 10 flight schools??

irish86
12th Jul 2006, 02:17
I'm having troubke finding flight schools online what would you guys regard as the top ten flight schools abroad as im looking to get away for a few years too, is their many flight schools which offer some sort of job placement or instructer work to gain enough hours to start to climb the ladder for that first valuauble job?

all help and advice is appricated.

scroggs
12th Jul 2006, 07:35
As no wannabe has attended more than one or two schools, how do you expect them to rate a 'top 10'? All you can go on is the public reputation of the schools, which is pretty obvious from a casual perusal of these forums. Firstly, you have of course read this thread: ArchiveReference Threads - READ BEFORE YOU POST A QUESTION (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=131649) haven't you?

All you're likely to get is a shouting contest along the lines of 'the school I'm at is better than the school you're at' which is not very helpful. Make a shortlist of schools which appear to fit your needs and circumstances, visit them all and make your own mind up.

Scroggs

EIRE-PLANER
12th Jul 2006, 18:11
Hey all!
Im looking to start my my training when im finished uni.yipee. I ve done quite a bit of research into these specific FTO s and have compiled a list which i hope will be assistance to you in making your choice. Im not going to number these which would only inveigle a you no what. Best of luck

CTC- Bournemouth UK
Flight Training Europe- Jerez Spain
Oxford Aviation Training-Oxford UK
EPST European pilot selection testing-Netherlands
Pilot Training Ireland-Waterford Airport
BCFT-Bournemouth Commercial Flight Training
CABAIR-UK
Aero Madrid- Spain
Sabena Flight Academy

porridge
12th Jul 2006, 19:49
Rank them in to their sheer determination and success in getting their grads a job at the end of the the training and then you might have something worth working on!

Tim_donovan
13th Jul 2006, 06:42
Bristol Groundschool & Professional Air Training
To name another two no further comments required thank you.

Ballistic
13th Jul 2006, 20:32
Anyone looked at the Northern European Aviation Resources? I heard that they were good too. They qualify you with both FAA and JAR licenses at a fraction of the price of other schools.

akindofmagic
14th Jul 2006, 00:11
Anyone looked at the Northern European Aviation Resources? I heard that they were good too. They qualify you with both FAA and JAR licenses at a fraction of the price of other schools.

There's a saying where I come from: You don't get owt for nowt.

Maybe looking at why it comes at a fraction of the price of other schools would be a good idea;)

INSIDEVIEW
14th Jul 2006, 00:14
TOP TEN FLIGHTSCHOOL.....?????

Are YOU having the talent beeing a Pilot????

Thats more important ,I guess!!!

Just my opinion,no answer needed!!