PDA

View Full Version : EAsyjet online APP

dynamite dean
11th Jul 2006, 21:45
Anyone who is experienced reading this. I know you have to draw the line somewhere but I have 500hrs plus in a multi crew enviroment except on Light turboprop not on medium weight so technically I miss that category by 1.5 tonnes, bugger me but my conscience says tick 'no' I do not have 500 mutli crew hrs. But it annoys me a bit that a tonne here or there is nothing in avaiton terms unless of course you are a microligh pilot::E

anyone who can be bothered to type a reply to this appreciate it!

Bumby
11th Jul 2006, 22:47
DD - Tick the box and take the leap.

I understand that Easy are reviewing this 500 Hour requirement so get your application in.

Best of luck.

ScandiAviator
12th Jul 2006, 07:49
Hi
If you have more than 500+ hrs multi crew it is enough. I had just a few hours above this requirement in approved multi crew operations on a 5,7 T A/C and I got invited.

Good luck:ok:

endofeng
12th Jul 2006, 08:15
I've got 1000+hrs Heavy turbo prop (Q400) and they sent me an email saying i was to be invited for an assessment day, but due to me not having hrs on jet I would have to go through their type rating scheme??????????

I thought if you had 500+hrs JAR25 (Which the Q400 is i think?) you were illegible for their DE scheme????

Any ideas!

endofeng

JT8
12th Jul 2006, 09:58
endofeng - if you did some research on here you would quickly find out as a TP pilot you would definately have to go through the TRSS. Even some jet guys/gals have to. :ugh:

MrBernoulli
12th Jul 2006, 11:37
I had nearly 3000 hrs on heavy multi-eng. multi-crew jet and they, too, told me I would be a TRSS candidate. Mind you, that was 18 months ago. Offered the job (Airbus) but turned it down as I also got offered a great job flying B777s! Hooray!

Jelly Doughnut
12th Jul 2006, 11:37
Applied with 1900 hours multi-crew time (King Air 200 contract flying) and got onto TRSS.

It helps if you can prove that you were flying 'proper' multi-crew ops... eg letter from operator stating 2 crew requirement, or better still, from CAA if 2-crew is national requirement (eg in SA).

dynamite dean
12th Jul 2006, 16:17
thanks chaps for replying just got my newly converted license now so trying to get that foot in the door ! Its a bit weird being an unemployed pilot here, I guess you have to give these HR departments a bit of time to respond it seems!
anyway many thanks to those for the reply:)

endofeng
12th Jul 2006, 19:46
JT8

Thanks, don't use pprune much, just started to use as I'm actively seeking new employment....

Thanks for the pointer though!

endofeng

Pizzaro
12th Jul 2006, 21:45
Is there an age limit on the TRSS scheme?

aces low
13th Jul 2006, 15:24
My own experience is that I meet the hours requirement (600 hours multicrew Ops. on a commercial, fast twin turboprop weighing over 10 tonnes. TT over 2000 hours). Yet I was not invited for interview...but my more glamourous and younger colleague with 500 multicrew and 700 total was. Maybe I didnt fit the young and thrusting profile.

For information: From November 2007 Age Discrimination will be illegal....not that I think for a moment that I was discriminated against for being an older fart.