View Full Version : EOS

daz211
11th Jul 2006, 18:08
eos have anounced a 2nd daily flight to JFK 08/sep/06
they should have tried another route
compatition is getting tight at STN for biz class to JFK

Lucifer
11th Jul 2006, 19:01
Based upon what economic analysis? Their loads are high and the prices are still ridiculous...

Another armchair economist?

Critical mass to NY is essential to get business travellers - they require a flight at ANY time - the more the better for an airline trying to break onto that routes for the long-term.

gatwicknose
12th Jul 2006, 09:00
Loads are excellent right now...time is right for flight number 2...its a genuinely good service...have done it myself a few times...only downsie is STN...tought to reach from south or west of london

rusty_c
12th Jul 2006, 22:53
1st of all...Maxjet are not EOS competition!! If anything they compliment!
Secondly, Eos have always planned a 2nd service so this is no great suprise if anything its a no brainer, this kind of service rewuires flexibility and this will give just that. I would have been very suprised if they had announced a 2nd destination!

Where have all these EOS doubters gone? ;)

jack_essex
13th Jul 2006, 16:51
This Friday and Sunday's STN - JFK flights with Eos are both fully booked.

The Maxjet flight from STN - JFK on Sunday has currently sold 92 of its available 102 seats.

Well done to both these airlines. They seem to be doing great!

carbootking
14th Jul 2006, 12:30
it doesnt mean much its summer if they r doing this kind of loads in winter then u can say they r doing well . i meet many max jet and eos pax every day they all like the service lets just hope they tell all their friends and bussiness people.

oncemorealoft
14th Jul 2006, 12:35
Booked but at what fare?

I looked a few weeks ago for seats during this time frame and was offered tickets around 600GBP o/w. That's some discount on their published fare

Transatlantic load factors at the moment are sky high (sorry).

HZ123
14th Jul 2006, 14:16
I do not wish to be downbeat but these loads mean little at present. As stated the winter will be the proof, that and greater fuel prices and fares that are very low. I assume that crews are american so costs cannot be that low either. I wish them well as it helps to establish STN.