PDA

View Full Version : RIAT 2006

johned0
11th Jul 2006, 16:42
I will be flying in on Saturday (R44) :) . Is anyone else flying/driving in ?

I've never been before so I would welcome any suggestions of things to see and do.

See you there, if you're going.

John

AlanM
11th Jul 2006, 18:39
I flew in last year.

Take yr Breitling and go intot he Breitling Marquee for a free drink and sit down!!

Otherwise the top tip is not to be late in and miss your landing slot. Best to be early and orbit outside CAS!!! Read yr briefing back on what is needed on first contact..... will make it slicker!

HAVE FUN!!

206 jock
11th Jul 2006, 23:17
Yep, I've got a 8.04 Z slot on Saturday in my JetRanger with 4 passengers. Three years ago (last time I went) I was number 1 in a sequence of three helos...turned out that the other two were carrying the Red Arrows pilots in:eek:

Make sure you wave to the poor people as you taxi to the parking site...they'll be taking lots of photos....

It's a fabulous day out: if you get bored with the flying display (unlikely...), there are lots of other things to occupy you along the way. As Alan said, tkae your Breitling if you fancy a beer!

johned0
12th Jul 2006, 18:05
Thanks very much for the suggestions, Gents.

08.24 Z slot for me - see you there 206Jock.

John

Bramble 44
12th Jul 2006, 21:21
Have been and will be flying in daily in a R44.
Make sure you see the Osprey display and the Mig 29.

You will probably be parked on or near Apron Gold which is immediately to the south of 27 threshold.

Have a great day.

Alan

johned0
16th Jul 2006, 06:06
Thanks Alan,

It was good to meet you - all be it briefly.

What a great day and it was nice to meet some other PPRuNers as well.

Cheers,

John

Smudger
17th Jul 2006, 22:57
Make sure that you wave to the poor people..? How rude. I'll just check my Breitling.. oh yes.. time for bed...

Or have I got it all wrong and you are just taking the pi**?