PDA

View Full Version : DH Beaver in NZ

Arclite01
11th Jul 2006, 13:26
Do you see many DH Beavers in NZ ? - they seem fairly common in Canada and Australia as a bush aeroplane, and a few privately owned.
Don't see many in NZ though it seems - or am I wrong ?
Thanks
Arc
(Note: I was careful about the title of this thread !! :} )

chimbu warrior
12th Jul 2006, 04:57
How does this grab you...........

http://www.kiwibeavers.com/

tinpis
12th Jul 2006, 05:13
Gawd that brings back memories I can smell the bird**** !
Wheres old Doug Sklenars? Last I heard he was growing "gorilla balls" in Opotiki?

Contract Con
12th Jul 2006, 06:01
Gday,

I know of a nice one in the AKL area. Syndicate owned.

Cheers,

Con:ok:

nike
12th Jul 2006, 11:40
I was expecting something with a bit more fur after clicking that link there Chimbu.

Woomera
12th Jul 2006, 11:51
Well, congratulations New Zealand!! 1,691 DHC-2 Beavers built, the "youngest" being 45 years old!! A mere eleven years older than the average age of Australia's GA fleet.

Probably one of the few aircraft Tinpis ever flew that may have been born before he was!! :E :E

Nike, don't even think of going there. Children visit this site!!

:} :}

Sunny Woomera

pakeha-boy
12th Jul 2006, 18:46
tim mate!!!....like I said before..if you havent flown one of these on floaties,then you have flown.....bird-poop and all the rest.....

so woomera...your saying your a child???? wow:}

kilik
14th Jul 2006, 07:44
Hello tinpis regarding your question about Doug Sklenars he is my father and he is now living at rosedale Qld OZ, no longer flying but doing well.If you would like his details let me know.

prospector
14th Jul 2006, 09:52
Kilik, You have a PM

ZK-NSJ
14th Jul 2006, 22:39
there used to be a couple on floats in picton, and i think ive also seen one in rottenrua,

Brian Abraham
15th Jul 2006, 03:54
One month ago had a personal aviation first of riding in float Beaver and turbine conversion Otter in Canada. Impressed by the state of the aircraft inside and out - looked as though they had just come out of the showroom. Good for another 45 years.