PDA

View Full Version : Hauppauge Win Nova T PCI 9002 & Windows Media Centre Edition

Parapunter
11th Jul 2006, 10:24
Morning to the clever end of Pprune,

I've just installed MCE 2005 on my pooter which is an MSI mega 860 with LGA 775 socket, pentium P4, Radeon 9550 & 200 gb HDD & 1GB ddr ram. Also, I'm running a Nova Win TV PCI, the 9002 version & I'm struggling to get MCE to pick up any tv Channels. Now, I'm fairly comfortable with the system structure in terms of the overall hardware, I have a new digital aerial, high quality aerial cable & previously, I was running Media Portal with no problems at all picking up digital channels.

I strongly suspect that it's a driver issue & looking around at the Hauppauge forums, it seems to be the case. The trouble is I've now downloaded five separate driver from around the web, all of which are variously claimed to be the fix - what I'm looking for is anyone who has experienced this problem & can indicate the path to joy & serenity:p

Failing that, what's yer best price on an mce compatible tv card??

frostbite
11th Jul 2006, 11:50
My TV card wouldn't perform on my new pooter with the supplied software, so I now run it with DScaler (free) which works a treat after setting it up.

You can get it at http://www.dscaler.org