PDA

View Full Version : Citation X at YSBK

Citation X
11th Jul 2006, 04:17
Does anyone know who owns and operates this beautiful aeroplane. The rego is VH-TEN and I saw it out at YSBK yesterday being towed. Searching on the net I saw a recent picture of it in Germany so I guess it does get around.

I think flying that would be my ultimate job!

newATC
11th Jul 2006, 04:22
From the CASA website:

Owned and operated by
BALMORAL AIR PTY. LTD.
Po Box 225
ARTARMON NSW 1570
AUSTRALIA

I'd have to agree with you, it is a beautiful aircraft.

chimbu warrior
11th Jul 2006, 05:21
My understanding is that it is owned by the family who were founders of a major Australian wine producer, subsequently taken over by Southcorp.

This family had plantations in PNG prior to independence.

Super 64
11th Jul 2006, 05:51
The aircraft owner also owns Hamilton Island and is quite the yachting enthusiast.

bellsux
12th Jul 2006, 16:55
Here is a picture from the cockpit in our Citation X, 45000 ft, Bermuda to the Canary Islands. Deep blue of space...

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n17/bellsux/45000ft.jpg

Aussie
12th Jul 2006, 23:21
Nice Pic!

Does Frank young still operate that?

The Rego came from a C152 online with Crane Air a few yrs back!

Aussie

ContactMeNow
13th Jul 2006, 07:03
Nice Pic!

Does Frank young still operate that?

The Rego came from a C152 online with Crane Air a few yrs back!

Aussie

Good ole TEN,
I did my 1st flight in TEN for my TIF. too bad I cant fly VH-TEN now :P

Dookie on Drums
13th Jul 2006, 07:24
Yeah same here. I have a hundred hours or so on VH-TEN but only when it was a humble 152 and I was instructing in it years ago.

Wouldn't surprise me if Frank was flying one around. When I was there he was quite actively flying Citation II's and Bravo's around. There was always talk of a X being on the books for the future.

Aussie
13th Jul 2006, 07:48
Are you guys ex Crane are yas?

Aussie

GearOff
13th Jul 2006, 07:57
The former VH-TEN has been re-registered VH-IND and is regularly seen around BK. Looks great too! Maybe not quite as good as the new VH-TEN though. :ok:

Citation X
14th Jul 2006, 00:14
I would really love to see more photos posted from trips in this aircraft . Eg cockpit shots or any other photos from various places around the world or in Australia for that matter. I am totally in love with that aircraft!!!:ok:

Maybe a photo of the aircraft G/S readout or flying at Mach 0.88 or something ??

Aussie
14th Jul 2006, 02:12
Arent they capable of Mach 0.92?

Aussie

ballsdeep
14th Jul 2006, 02:36
Im with citation X, post up some more pics. Such an amazing aircraft. I wish my balls sat deep in the saddle of that bad boy.:}

balls

tinpis
14th Jul 2006, 02:45
Frank Young ex Hazos flying school?....gawd he not be too young nowdays ?http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/old.gif

pakeha-boy
14th Jul 2006, 02:52
...tin mate...you crack me up....:D

Citation X
14th Jul 2006, 06:00
Yeah I think MMO 0.92

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Aussie
14th Jul 2006, 07:49
Would that make it the fastest civy pax aicraft in the skies at the moment?

Aussie :}

bellsux
14th Jul 2006, 09:21
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n17/bellsux/CIMG0223.jpg

Compressor washing, Jet Aviation Zurich Switzerland

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n17/bellsux/CIMG0069.jpg

On the ramp, DuPage Airport Chicago

7gcbc
14th Jul 2006, 09:38
It's Bob Oatleys aircraft - made available to Fosters, "Balmoral" and its associated entities are used as corporate vehicles to operate , invest , lease and perform various other tax efficient tasks.

subsequently taken over by Southcorp.

I can tell you in no uncertain terms that it was the opposite, Rosemount took over Southcorp and made a balls of it.

Torres
14th Jul 2006, 09:41
Chimbu Warrior. I remember when he bought his first small vinyard which in 30 years, turned into an 850 Megabuck Bonanza. He made a nice drop of vino I may add!!

Where did we go wrong? :ugh:

chimbu warrior
14th Jul 2006, 09:59
Torres I can vividly remember doing some "quality control" testing of Rosemount products with you at the GV mess in GKA. Maybe we should have investigated production and marketing of the products......

Torres
14th Jul 2006, 10:28
Sadly Mate, our investment was in product quality control, not corporate equity!!! :ugh:

I also recall Bob's Goroka Coffee was also the best pick-me-up on the morning after! :}

7gcbc
14th Jul 2006, 11:10
Sadly Mate, our investment was in product quality control, not corporate equity!!!

Neither was Bob and Sandys' investment in the end it seemed.

Don't want their fuel bill! Probably eats as much kero in an hour as your C152 weighs, bar that quite possibly more!

Thats why shareholders and employees equity schemes were invented!

:p

Chris Higgins
14th Jul 2006, 12:16
I go to work tomorrow. I'll post some pics of the Netjets Xs. We have 71 of them now. I should be back around July 21.

Cheers!

Aussie
14th Jul 2006, 23:27
Since were on topic, how do most guys get gigs in the corporate world... it is a small industry, specially in australia...

Any guys from GA made the move over?

Aussie

tinpis
15th Jul 2006, 01:45
Torres would have no doubt introduced his palate to Barossa Pearl later moving on to more sophisticated drops like Ben Ean and Carte d'or :p

En-Rooter
15th Jul 2006, 04:59
A nice American chap was on a demonstration flight in my sector one day, he went past a 767 (same direction, same track). The 767 crew were very impressed (stunned) 'Centre, what the f_ck was that?'

I could of sworn he said he was doing .94?? Possible??

Woomera
15th Jul 2006, 11:05
Not only possible but something like that is routine if you wanna burn the turps.:ok: Having said that SGR was/is quite remarkable for the speed. It's all in the classic area ruled design, with supercritical and laminar flow technology you know. Start cruising at FL 450/470. Cessna worked out there was little or no traffic and lighter winds up there so you can go DTO most times.

Like its little brother the Citation 111, and V11, its quite fun watching the B7XXs going backwards underneath you. Its basically these aircraft cabin with big arse Embraer Jet size engines and an even more finely tuned wing.

Since Concordes' retirement, it is the fastest civilian aircraft and faster than a few first line fighter/bomber stealth aircraft.

Tinny old chap it was for our old mate Torres that they also developed that wonderful drop of vin d' formidable called Skip and Go Naked and Sparkling Starwine :rolleyes: , can't recall whether it was Penfolds or Seppelts, but then I can't recall a lot of things from those days..:} :{

Give her a bottle a bottle of that stuff and you could get the knickers off a statue of Jean d'Arc.:E

dragchute
16th Jul 2006, 10:43
Torres would have no doubt introduced his palate to Barossa Pearl later moving on to more sophisticated drops like Ben Ean and Carte d'or :p

Tinpis - I think Torres would have been more into the Chateau Gay ... a product of the Australian vine that predated the 'Pearl' and was popular with the young chaps of the sixties. More colloquially referred to as ‘Chatau le’ Gopner’:}