PDA

View Full Version : JAR-PPL in Sweden or Finnland: Price?

acuba 290
10th Jul 2006, 22:51
Just interesting, how much is normal to pay for JAR-PPL in S or FIN...
Which schools are recommended and have attractive prices there?

acuba 290
13th Jul 2006, 16:08
hmm...no any answer...

looks like there is no PPL in Scandinavia at all... strange...

men det tror jag inte...;)

Margarita
13th Jul 2006, 17:49
This is maybe not exactly the best forum for PPL training. Try some other PPRUNE forums. It will also help if you do some internet surfing to find some schools . I assume that most Finns left this forum some time ago.

acuba 290
13th Jul 2006, 17:51
This is maybe not exactly the best forum for PPL training. Try some other PPRUNE forums. It will also help if you do some internet surfing to find some schools . I assume that most Finns left this forum some time ago.

i can find all schools over internet, but i would like to know, which is good and which is cheepest rental prices;)

pilot11
19th Jul 2006, 00:54
Depending on type of school:
Flying club 7500 euros
Commercial school 12000 euros
That´s the price range in Sweden. Try Botkyrka Flying club at Barkarby outside of Stockholm. Easily the cheapest one, V-good instructors. (I´m not one of them)

Need additional info? PM me!

Flight instructor and airline pilot

Seagull61
19th Jul 2006, 08:59
Acuba,

Not sure what language you speak. But I recently moved to Norway and found a great flying club to learn at. However the Norwegian CAA insisted the PPL exams be sat in the country that the training was taking place in and also in the Norwegian......which I don`t speak.

So i`m off to the states to do a course there, whilst familiarising myself with Norwegian flying at the same time....not ideal, but my onyl way to get a JAR PPL whilst living here.

Not sure if its the same for Sweden or Finland, but something to bear in mind if you don`t speak the lingo!

Özcan
28th Jul 2006, 11:44
the swedish CAA now a days use a computer system for writing the exams and i'm sure that many places that offers writing the exam has the english exams as well

call them at 011-415 21 00 (luftfartsstyrelsen) and ask the top source right away instead of rumors :}

the international prefix for sweden is +46 i think, i'm not sure