PDA

View Full Version : False reporting about Netjets Europe

silverhawk
10th Jul 2006, 10:24
Today, Flight International on page 39 quote Netjets Europe as being a 'London, UK-based company'

This is completely incorrect. NJE have dodged tribunals by insisting they have no official presence in Europe. Of course if NJE are now claiming to be based in Europe, they have no grounds for avoiding the aforesaid tribunals.

Any Netjets pilots got a contract that is subject to the laws of England and Wales?

Mike Jenvey care to comment?

Looooong haul
10th Jul 2006, 11:41
Silverhawk if you go to the NJE website you will find that NetJets Management is London based. The operator and AOC base is Portugal.

We all know that you had some problems with them a few years ago. And you will keep getting back at CAP571, when the gagging order runs out, etc, etc, etc but could you please get a life and move on?

So just go to the website www.netjetseurope.com click on "our structure" and there you go.... :D

silverhawk
10th Jul 2006, 11:58
Thanks Long Haul. I have moved on and much happier now. That doesn't mean that once the gagging order has expired, I won't be revisiting the episodes of my time with NJE. Duty times was the least of the problems. I am empowered to breach the order in a court or tribunal, but as I said, NJE have so far dodged any such tribunal as no European court has any jurisdiction over them!

So, has any NJE pilot got a contract governed by the Law of England and Wales?

Looooong haul
10th Jul 2006, 12:11
I think you have a reading problem as it is a Portugese company.

Does any Jet2 pilot have a Portoguees contract? Do they comply with the portugeese FTL's? I think that I will go to court as soon as my Jet2 gagging order expires :rolleyes:

silverhawk
10th Jul 2006, 13:21
I have a problem reading your three different variations of the word 'Portuguese'

My contract was with a holding company on the Isle of Man. Turns out it was nothing to do with the company which sells to customers/owners as NJE. Are you trying to say you have a contract which is subject to Portuguese law?

Looooong haul
10th Jul 2006, 13:40
Turns out it was nothing to do with the company which sells to customers/owners as NJE.
Did you know that the737 you drive is owned by Dart, flown on a Channex AOC and your contract most likely Jet2???? Scary.. Do your customers know this?? The main thing is under which law you operate, in NJE case Portugese.. :hmm: What contract you have is not an issue as that is down to the two contract parties who signed it at the time.. :8
I think that the company is quite clear on this as it is on the website! :rolleyes:

silverhawk
10th Jul 2006, 14:25
My contract was initially with, and still is with, Channel Express Air Services Ltd. The airline is called Jet2.com. That is the airline I joined and am still with. The airline that was Channel Express no longer exists. My contract is subject to the laws of England and Wales if I ever need to resort to that.

At Netjets my contract was supposed to be subject to Manx law. This proved not to be true when I refused to operate any longer on illegal aeroplanes.

So can you answer? Looong Haul, which country's laws can you resort to on your Netjets contract of employment?

If your employer is actually Netjets Management Ltd rather than Netjets Europe Ltd I fear you are marooned.

natops
10th Jul 2006, 15:29
i've got a contract, with netjets staff limited, on the isle of man, living in holland. most uk guys have their contracts via the uk. the pay they get is taxed by england, i get my salary via cayman islands and i have to take care of taxes myself.....

hope this shines some light on the subject!

natops

silverhawk
10th Jul 2006, 16:36
Yep

Similar to mine. Sorry you are defenceless. Where do you think you can go to for arbitration with a grieviance? For instance, fined for refusing to do something illegal, eg MEL or telling a customer a fact about an airfield that sales had failed to mention. No union and nowhere to uphold your contract.

This is not about taxes and where they are paid. It is about spineless employees with bullying tactics using foreign contracts to keep immune from prosecution and safety issues being disregarded

natops
10th Jul 2006, 19:04
okay well good luck you all i am leaving the company in 1 month.

hope you enjoy flying for nje. i loved the flying but the grass is surely greener on the otherside i found out after almost 3 years.

have a good one guys, good luck finding the BIG PICTURE!

D.

silverhawk
18th Jul 2006, 12:23
Seems events of recent days give creedance to my comments above.

So Looong haul, when you do something which upsets your boss and he fines or sacks you, where do you think you will turn to for arbitration?

Treetopflyer
18th Jul 2006, 13:16
So Looong haul, when you do something which upsets your boss and he fines or sacks you, where do you think you will turn to for arbitration?

See the bright side: when your boss does something which upsets YOU and YOU leave without notice or bond payment, where do you think HE will turn to for arbitration? :p :ok:

silverhawk
19th Jul 2006, 05:46
Oh instead of suing for the remainder of the bond, he filed a Statutory Demand. Esentially an expensive and heavy-handed legal move. If payment is not made within 28 days you are declared bankrupt! This is irrespective of whether or not you actually are liable for the amont claimed and can be served on anyone for any amount over £1000.

When you bring a machine gun to a knife fight you don't need arbitration.