PDA

View Full Version : Broome Air Services.

The Monst.
10th Jul 2006, 07:12
An ex-student of mine told me today that she is looking to move to Broome as she just heard that Broome Air Services might be looking for people with C210 time. Anyone know about this mob? It's been years since i've been there and have no idea about them. Any info on accomodation would be great too.
Thanks.:ok:

WORKISUPNORTH
10th Jul 2006, 07:39
Good operation. Well maintained planes and plenty of hours from what I know.
Accomodation may be a little difficult this time of the year but a very nice place to be anyway.

MaryG
10th Jul 2006, 10:16
Wadddaaayyya! BAS is a good mob with a good reputation, good planes, well run operation and a good bunch of blokes. They usually take higher time freshies (500hrs+) but the pay is good and the work is good. Clean as a whistle with CASA too as far as i hear, no cheeky business.

That said the 'Queen of the Kimberley' also like to fly with dose Leo's blokes, who are also a good bunch of people. Broome aviation :oh: :oh: ...///:oh: :oh: !!!

Hear that there are now two petes riding Shotgun! ;)

The Monst.
10th Jul 2006, 10:36
Thanks for that. Ex-student has only about 20 hours on 210 and about 2 hours on 206. Is that going to get her a go with BAS or would she need more 210 time? She's close to 500 command.

ballsdeep
10th Jul 2006, 11:40
You are bending over backwards to help this person. Do you do the same for all your students??

maxgrad
11th Jul 2006, 00:18
BAS?
Good mob from what I hear.
Only thing I have against them is they are near water............and I'm not.......bugger

If a student flies well, has a good attitude and is prepared to listen, I would do the same thing as the monst.

MaryG
11th Jul 2006, 02:51
the only person who can answer that qn is someone who worksfor them, no me! Ring them up and ask!

TurboOtter
11th Jul 2006, 06:31
mmmmm A woman with less than 500 total time looking for a job in the top end......................$50 says she gets one very soon!

The Monst.
12th Jul 2006, 07:04
ballsdeep, you're right. My back is killing me after typing this thread!!! AND then pressing the submit button...OMG, had to call in sick the next day. :) And yeah, I do all I can for an ex-student if they have potential. If you are one, feel free to PM me any time. :ok:

TurboOtter...I agree TOTALLY...(just quietly).

One eye chimp
14th Jul 2006, 02:03
Either this is a wind up or above posts don't know jack!!!!!!

maxgrad
14th Jul 2006, 04:21
ok OEC I'll bite.
What do you know then?
If you have any info I would be mildy interested.
So far here and in the non cyber world I have only heard good things. If you have any info people who are looking for work may be very interested.
And if not please swing on bye:E

MaryG
14th Jul 2006, 07:19
OEC - You sound like a winging KIWI, a few others had it worse than you at BAS but it still aint a bad operation

The Monst.
14th Jul 2006, 12:40
Indeed, I must confess. I am not familiar with "Jack!!!!!!". Is he the CP? And, is it a requirement that he's name be yelled? :)

Reverseflowkeroburna
14th Jul 2006, 16:11
ballsdeep,

He is isn't he! :D

If only there were more in this world who would help their brethren in such a fashion..................but instead, the majority seem to want to act like pilots!!!! :ugh:

Onya Monst :ok:

Jandakot1
11th Aug 2006, 13:51
'Mary G: BAS is a good mob with a good reputation, good planes, well run operation and a good bunch of blokes.'

That is a rather startling observation if I might say so, considering the big P has one of the worst junior pilot wrecker reputations in his neck of the woods. He, and you, if you are one of his management style supporters, would be well advised to consider that the great majority of young CPLs he sees coming into his organisation come into the position full of vast ideals about their future careers free from GA.

I have never known anyone quicker to jump on the block for demeaning a JP for the most tenuous of reasons, mostly for what I consider to be personally motivated reasons.

I actually got on ok with him (this was more than 3 years so maybe he's moderated) but I saw plenty of evidence that it's not just a straight forward flying job. He develops personal agendas and he doesn't give a crap about who knows it. That's just his way.

His personal failings do not warrant any discussion here, they speak for themselves, but his professional ones certainly do. I would give him a wide berth if I was just starting out - and don't even bother if you're female.

MaryG
11th Aug 2006, 21:11
This thread is about BAS not PA. I stand by my comments about BAS. I also agree with your comments about PA, however when asked to comment on BAS I reiterate what I said earlier. The company is run by a few fresh faces these days and they are good people. I am lead to believe PA dosn't even own the whole lot anymore?

On the PA issue. He has burnt many bridges and is known as one not to trust, however which company owner can be? Is BH from Broome Av any nicer? How often do you hear of tyrannical bosses of companies. BAS can be a good place to be if you keep your head down, and away from PA. Mind you, I can't think of anyone who has left there on good terms since daddy got the prodigy an airline job.:\

Am I contradicting myself? Maybe! But if we are giving advice to a newbee it would be get the hours there and keep your head down, if it dosn't work out you won't be the first, and at least you may have some hours in your log book.
One thing to remember, when doing feather checks in a baron, don't pull the mixtures back. This will tell you nothing about the feathering qualities of the engines, except how they look when they are stopped!:eek:

Continental-520
12th Aug 2006, 05:28
BAS can be a good place to be if you keep your head down

Like most, I would've thought.

Mind you, I can't think of anyone who has left there on good terms since daddy got the prodigy an airline job

Now THAT is a very interesting statement!! In fact, it's just put a few more pieces of the puzzle in place. Reading between the lines can be a science, at times.

One thing to remember, when doing feather checks in a baron, don't pull the mixtures back. This will tell you nothing about the feathering qualities of the engines, except how they look when they are stopped

Oh! Why hasn't someone taught me that before??
I just assumed that when the prop stopped, it meant that the feathering system was working. Oh well, good to have it cleared up anyway.

Back to the topic, I've only heard good things about them 85% of the time. Depends who you ask I suppose, and who they work for, and what their own opinions of the people that work or have worked there are.

They have hired female pilots before though. I can guarantee you that much.

air pirate
12th Aug 2006, 09:42
Ah !! Good old hound dog PA.

A man who does like a drink or two on a friday night.

PA started out using the AOC of the little American and learnt his managment style from him. Still uses LRN and the freshies out of AAI.

Flying all done with the GPS.

Accommodation is bloody expensive if you havn't got a tent or your swag for the chinese cemetry.

Will have to do something special if you want to 'fly my Baron'

Given a choice stay well clear and head further north.

And as for females Ha !!

MaryG
13th Aug 2006, 08:47
In fact, it's just put a few more pieces of the puzzle in place.
I'm glad you're trying to put a puzzle together, and thinking out loud on the forum. If like at slagging others so much 520, kick your dog. Your threads are often condecending an self richeous, just because you are often visiting this forum, dosn't mean you own it.

Get a life!!!

WoodenSpoon
13th Aug 2006, 09:36
I know Conti-520's flatmate isn't the best looking guy around, but calling him a dog is a tad harsh...

thewheel
13th Aug 2006, 12:17
Im just curious ballsdeep which swamp are you festering in?:ok:

Continental-520
13th Aug 2006, 13:13
I'm glad you're trying to put a puzzle together, and thinking out loud on the forum. If like at slagging others so much 520, kick your dog. Your threads are often condecending an self richeous, just because you are often visiting this forum, dosn't mean you own it.
Get a life!!!

And what's that supposed to mean?
If you find my posts condescending mate, you ought to speak up, send me a pm and I'll clarify it, cause it's really all down to interpretation when it comes to text. No tone of voice or inflection can be conveyed in the delivery.

Incidentally, I don't claim to "own" the forum either. It would be appreciated if you would look just a little harder at what I write before you make assumptions on my behalf.

Anyone would've thought I must've struck a chord close to home for you to produce such a response...more pieces of the puzzle I suppose! :p

In addition, since you are blissfully unaware of the fact that we have met (or maybe you're choosing not to acknowledge it), perhaps next time we encounter each other you can enlighten me as to what sort of life you think it is I should get. It was still a pleasure to meet you, nevertheless.

I know Conti-520's flatmate isn't the best looking guy around, but calling him a dog is a tad harsh...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Looks like a bit of a Gringo, you reckon?? :D

ballsdeep
14th Aug 2006, 00:36
Im just curious ballsdeep which swamp are you festering in?:ok:

I dont quite understand what you mean by that. If it is an insult, please inform me and ill endevour to respond accordingly. Here is a little taste of what you might recieve.........

The same swamp i met your wife/girlfirend in.:cool:
The swamp in which i concieved you in.:8
The same swamp i saw you begging for loose change in.:}
The better swamp next door to your swamp of lesser value:*
The swamp which you walk past and wished you were also festering in:(
And the same swamp that Shrek used to live in. :E

thewheel
14th Aug 2006, 12:22
Gee balls such a lowe regard for women, must be envy. I see you've tasted mud before but we all no what side of ballsdeep your realy on:ugh: .

thewheel

Raingauge
22nd Aug 2006, 12:51
Just caught wind of this thread and would like to also warn any green guys heading to BRM to keep clear of PA.....he is a knob. Straight shooter my butt. Pretty sure he wears all that aftershave to cover up the alcohol. He is an amature pilot with amature skills..... and yes I know I've flown with him. It's not the cutting corners that bothered me so much....it was his complete lack of skill and judgment. I was hoping that after he failed the IREX for the 9th time he would have got the meassage, but no.:eek:
Anyway, wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him....and as for his Barron...give me a break, it's just a flaming Barron.
I know he reads this so G'day PA.....go easy on the young ones....remember one day they will be flying something a crap load bigger than a Barron and see you for the person you really are....just like me.