PDA

View Full Version : Best Instructor School

LUCKY-1
10th Jul 2006, 06:02
Folks, I am interested in advice regarding the top five flight Instructor Schools in Oz, Who is the busiest, who has the best prices, who offers work afterwards etc.

Chers Lucky

Aussie
10th Jul 2006, 07:56
General flying services!!! Ask Qantas, they think so!

Aussie

ausflying
10th Jul 2006, 09:00
General flying services!!! Ask Qantas, they think so!

Lol yeah ok :rolleyes: :=

Bendo
10th Jul 2006, 09:10
I agree with Dr Oakenfold and I would add the following:

The school I did my instructor training at offered work to their instructor graduates.

The "work" was unpaid, of course. The students were charged full price for their services, mind you, and now as a Grade 1 instructor I look back and I am pretty disappointed with the instruction I received from these junior Grade 3's. It wasn't their fault, I suppose - the school was putting nothing into them, and expected them to leave, so it put nothing into them... etc. :ugh:

I have lost contact with about half of the people I knew through that school over 3 years, but I recently moved back into the area after 5 years away.
The ones who stayed and did the "work experience" are still here and guess what? They are now, every one of them, no longer flying and pretty bitter and twisted.

The ones who had more nous, more drive and more "go" are now in Eastern, Rex, Cathay, Qantas. They moved away and absorbed as much wisdom as possible from as wide a range of sources as possible. :D

Don't get an instructor rating because it might help you rack up a few hours before moving on to bigger and better things. do it because you have a love of teaching and a desire to help mould the pilots of the future. There is an excellent article in the current RAAus mag that I would encourage any prospective instructor to read.

Aussie
10th Jul 2006, 23:08
hehe, yeah mate, i couldnt help myself!
Aussie