PDA

View Full Version : TOM6291 21/07

MichaelDoyle
9th Jul 2006, 16:32
Hi
Im traveling on TOM6291 MAN-AGP on 21/07.Does anybody know what aircraft is marked down for the route or what aircraft type it is?
Many Regards
Michael

firstforfirstchoice
9th Jul 2006, 16:51
Hi Michael,

You will be travelling on a B737-300.

Hope that helps.

Cheers. :ok: :ok:

MichaelDoyle
9th Jul 2006, 17:00
Hi firstforfirstchoice
Thanks this helps alot.Cheers mate.
What are the 737's of TOM like to fly in and how much legroom will I get being 6ft 6in I hope its over "30"
Many Regards
Michael

SeamusCVT
9th Jul 2006, 17:21
I believe the standard seats are 28" pitch, but obviously extra leg room seats can be pre booked if you want to be sure of that extra space?

firstforfirstchoice
9th Jul 2006, 17:26
Hi Michael,

To be honest pal, I have not got a clue about their B737's, never travelled on a TOM B737 before.

I have travelled on TOM's B757's a few times from BHX and the seating was like the normal bucket and spade routes, but was not to bad. I am 6 foot myself.
However I mentioned in a post earlier today about TOM's B767-200's and they are just awuful. I would deffo reccommend an extra leg room seat for anyone who is 6 foot plus and travelling on one of their B767-200's.
I was only flying from Malaga to Manchester as well, so one of there shortest routes.

Sorry about been unable to help with the B737, but I am sure someone else know's.

Hope the info about the B757-200 and B767-200 fleet helps for next time, if and when you decide to fly with TOM again.

However all my flights with TOM B757-200's were excellent, crew were friendly and helpful, service was great and inflight entertainment was good also.

They just need to sort their seating out, especially on their B767-200's.

Cheers, Micheal. :ok: :ok:

MichaelDoyle
9th Jul 2006, 21:04
Hi
Thanks for the advice guys.I think therefore after what you have said I'll be ringing up TOM tomorrow to book the extra legroom and at least fly in a little bit of comfort.
Many Regards
Michael

TG345
10th Jul 2006, 08:08
Just a word of caution regarding extra legroom seats to all those of larger frame, either tall or wide (or both!).

On many of these seats you will find solid-sided armrests, as opposed to the raise-able type. In such a seat you can find yourself actually worse off as compared to the standard legroom seat. As you are unable to slip your legs partially underneath the armrest, you find yourself wedged into an incredibly uncomfortable position and unable to move your legs sideways at all.

I fell for this one on a Jet2 733 some time ago, paid the extra and spent three hours cursing my decision. IMO the standard seats are less painful.

jet2impress
10th Jul 2006, 16:57
Just a word of caution regarding extra legroom seats to all those of larger frame, either tall or wide (or both!).
On many of these seats you will find solid-sided armrests, as opposed to the raise-able type. In such a seat you can find yourself actually worse off as compared to the standard legroom seat. As you are unable to slip your legs partially underneath the armrest, you find yourself wedged into an incredibly uncomfortable position and unable to move your legs sideways at all.
I fell for this one on a Jet2 733 some time ago, paid the extra and spent three hours cursing my decision. IMO the standard seats are less painful.
The way you said 'fell for' makes out Jet2 just had the hard sided arm rests just for some dirty money making trick.
Most of these 'solid-sided armrests' have gone from our a/c now. They have been replaced by standard armrests. The tray tables 'plug in' to the end of the arm rests now, high chair style. The cabin crew love these.... not. Great for pax with fat a**es though! :}