PDA

View Full Version : First Choice

stillawake
5th Jan 2004, 03:42
I have been waiting for news of First Choice Airlines (ex air2000) recruitment plans. Went to the balpa conference and they mentioned December but still nothing.

Does anyone have any news? :confused:

omoko joe
5th Jan 2004, 05:48
I know a couple of guys who have been holding for places with Air2000 for ages, so it may be a while.

A/T ARM
26th Jan 2004, 18:24
Doubt they will be recruiting for sometime as they did recruit this time last year. Took on several f/o's on a 6 month on off partime contract.
Those guys that finished at the end of last summer season will be going back at the start of this summer to do it all again.

beamer
12th Nov 2004, 07:27
Probably too late but First Choice are interviewing NOW for up to 25 first officers for training on Boeing/Airbus fleets this winter. Type rating probably an advantage but not a specific requirement.

Leo8
12th Nov 2004, 07:53
Must be too late as there is no flight deck recruitment on their website at the moment.

Seems you have to be quick with some of these airlines! Thomas Cook didnt seem to advertise and their web application was only open for just over a week.

WX Man
12th Nov 2004, 09:13
What were the minimums they asked for? Please don't say fATPL, MCC and 500h. I will kick myself very, very hard if they were because I had the opportunity to go caving with a couple of guys from First Choice about a month ago.

EPRman
12th Nov 2004, 10:35
WX Man,
The Boeing fleet manager indicated that FCA are looking for a mix of low houred non-type rated, type rated and a few over 60's pilot's. The positions are for both fleets. Both permanent and part-year contracts will be offered. This will depend on experience and preference. As beamer states FCA are interviewing now so get your skates on.

Oscar Juliet
12th Nov 2004, 12:48
A low houred pilot for FCA is 1500hrs unless a CTC ATP cadet.

Localiser
12th Nov 2004, 14:41
Hi. Does anybody know what to expect at a First Choice interview please? Apparently it's 1 hour long and I don't know much else.

Are many technical questions asked, if any? If so, are questions on type asked?

Are you expected to know much about the company other than the normal structure, financial performance etc.

Any information, no matter how out of date it may seem, will be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

LOC :ok:

GARDENER
12th Nov 2004, 15:38
Couple of years ago- 30-45 mins with CP Boeing fleet manager and Airbus fleet manager. Nothing tricky, as we like them! I believe this time round it is for the PPY Permanent part year contract. Suit me down to the ground fortunately sent my CV a week or two ago

beamer
12th Nov 2004, 20:40
OK boys and girls..........

If you are serious about getting a job you will be up to speed as to who is and who is not recruiting - keep making the telephone calls, don't just bang in a cv and wait by the letterbox. All of you will have contacts - use them, ask questions, go to the airports, pop you head into the offices - try and speak to the CP and fleet managers - make yourself known - you never know........

All relevant info about the airline is on the website. If you have a 757 or 319/320/321 rating - great BUT if you have a licence with 1500-200 hours and all the modern CRM/MCC gobbledeygook even better.

FCA simply look at CV and then call for interview - no sim ride, no tech quiz. no fifth form algebra and meaningless BA type teambuilding. Interview normally CP or CTC. plus a fleet manager and a senior captain - NO human resources or sociologists. If non-military or non-type rated expect some questions on tech aspects of modern aircraft - composite structures/7E7/EGPWS/RVSM/TCAS - that type of thing - sorry cannot be more explicit.

FCA - rightly or wrongly - have a policy of choosing the right 'type' of person who will fit in with the Company - I could not possibly comment as to whether that assessment is always correct !!!

Time to Command - a good few years - the airline will not get any bigger - probably the reverse. However, the parent Company are more efficient than most if not all of their competitors and the package whilst not the best is far from the worst. Good bunch of people to fly with but like EVERY airline subject to increasing pressure from beancounters and paperclip pushers.

Good luck

wheelbarrow
14th Nov 2004, 21:42
beamer

Good post. I bet a lot of guys would love to fly for your mob. I had three months on loan in 2002 with you. Enjoyed it, but moved on to better things.

That said, as Beamer indicated, a well run outfit.

EGBKFLYER
14th Nov 2004, 22:38
Beamer - thanks for a succinct and useful post - we wannabees need more of this no-nonsense stuff that comes from people who know what's what and aren't just going on opinion or heresay. Unfortunately not in a position to be eligible for this job now but I'll keep on plugging away...

BLACK RAT
21st Nov 2004, 15:04
Hello all,been called for interview with first choice,anyone done it recently willing to offer advice?

Odd Skipper
22nd Nov 2004, 09:05
Well done for getting the interview Black Rat.
Sorry I can't help you, might be some help via BALPA.
Would you mind letting us know what experience you have.
Regards
Skip

Willy Miller
22nd Nov 2004, 13:11
Just been sent an app form from Kerry Fox, does this mean I'll be called for interview soon?
How long from app to interview. Anyone any idea of numbers start dates and bases.

Thanks for any information,

Regads

WM
:ok:

holyflurkingschmitt
22nd Nov 2004, 18:49
Black Rat

Good luck with the interview mate!

Willy Miller all the best with the application!

Could you tell us what sort of experience you both have?

Cheers

HFS:ok:

Willy Miller
22nd Nov 2004, 18:59
2700 TT (mostly TP) 1500 Cmd
I'll let you know how it goes if I get there.
Got through Britannia selection last month but had a bad sim (Ooops!)
Interview with ASW recently was a friendly chat (nice bunch, CR*P pay!)

keep trying there are places out there. just try to walk the fine line between persistant/keen and a pain in the ass !

Regards

WM

Akro
23rd Nov 2004, 12:16
How did you guys apply to First Choice?

Any help appreciated!

Tea White None
23rd Nov 2004, 13:47
Most would be by recommendation from someone within the company I would expect as FCA rarely advertise for such positions.

Willy Miller
23rd Nov 2004, 21:44
Lots of email and posted CVs and about a year later an application drops through the door. It's a funny old industry!

RowleyUK
23rd Nov 2004, 21:53
Willy Miller

Check your PMs!!!

Jinkster
24th Nov 2004, 10:25
Good luck Black Rat,

Jinkster

few@two
30th Nov 2004, 10:31
Has anyone heard anything or by any chance had an interview??

Many thanks

SR20
3rd Dec 2004, 08:35
Hello all,

Have any of you who have had interviews been offered a position yet? Or pm me if you have any info on the interview, would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck to all!

LDG_GEAR _MONITOR
17th Dec 2004, 15:01
so how many of us have had the interview? has anyone had the results?

who has got the jobs? and who hasnt ?

for those that got then - congratulations - what experience did u get in with ?

holyflurkingschmitt
17th Dec 2004, 15:17
Heard of at least two Oxford Integrated guy's getting in with 250hrs

HFS:{

Codman
19th Dec 2004, 19:57
No wish to pour cold water onto the thread but beware 'permanent part year' positions and Second Officer payscales.

Understand a requirement for approx 24 pilots, could be either type. As for a base it'll probably be wherever a gap requires plugging.

Good luck
Cod

splir
19th Dec 2004, 21:16
G' Day everyone!

Any ideas when the recruitment for A320-rated candidates will finished???
I would appreciate some contact details.
Experience level: 4300 hrs total 3700 JAR 25 Ops inluding 1400 on A320!

Thanks
George

Riker
21st Dec 2004, 22:05
How did the interview with First Choice go? Did you get on with them? Any word? Are they hiring more pilots in the near future - on what fleet?

Cheers

rymes
25th Jan 2006, 11:31
Can anyone tell me what the interview is like with First choice

Bob Fleming
26th Jan 2006, 12:52
why, do you have one?

i know several people who have recently got in, but thought they weren't recr right now?

beamer
28th Jan 2006, 20:02
Holding pool established !

The_Ultimate_Freggle
30th Jan 2006, 09:50
Do you mean they are interviewing at the moment only for placing people in a holding pool for now?

jennihopkins
30th Jan 2006, 12:54
I had an interview with them, this time last week. The beginning of the session starts of with group activities (problem solving, introducing yourself) and then the exam. You are given a few presentations on what it is like working for the company and then they call a few people for a 2 on 1 interview, which is informal and only about 20 minutes.
I have been offered the job so I am very very excited!!! Has anyone else been offered a job at Bristol base? Would like to chat to some of the people I will be on the training course with!
Jenni x

OBK!
30th Jan 2006, 13:27
Congratulations!

Are you guys low hours?

Also, are you on boeing or airbus fleet?

Rgds

JB007
30th Jan 2006, 14:00
Just to note..I think Jenni is talking about the Cabin Crew assessment day!

beamer
30th Jan 2006, 19:00
Holding pool probably established as cover for any 'no-shows' from the 60 offered courses this winter - every likelihood that a reasonable number will be recruited next winter so any in the pool could be swimming ahead of the competition !

OUTFLOW
31st Jan 2006, 16:33
I had an interview with them last september. The interview was with the chief pilots of both fleets, Boing and Airbus.
A straight forward interview,they asked about my experience as a pilot, I had also a couple of easy tech questions and some questions about the company.
I would suggest you get all the info about the airline and company you can get.
Good luck and hope this will help.

ocho gardena
9th Jul 2006, 16:20
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before but is there anybody who is able to tell me what working for First Choice is? I am looking for information like rosters (days-off and how fitted into your roster), roster stability, flying on both 757 and 767 or only one of the two, level of training, etc etc.

Best regards,

OG

scroggs
9th Jul 2006, 16:42
If the answer you're looking for isn't in this thread (now your post is merged into it), try looking in the Terms and Endearments forum. Here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=208764&highlight=Choice) is one First Choice thread. Judicious use of the search facility may reveal others.

Scroggs

TPL223
15th Mar 2007, 12:24
I have got an interview with FCA soon and would like to get some advice on the day. Please feel free to PM me.

Thanks

bhoy007
16th Mar 2007, 17:06
Hey All

I have a interview for FCA on Monday and i was looking to see if anyone else had one at 8am for GLA?

Also i looking for some tips on what the interview day may be like or what mite i be best reading up on the company?

I have been looking over there site this afternoon and i am enjoying what i am learning about them but any tips of advice would be cool :ok:

Thank Guys

p.s) I am new on here and it seems gr8!!! :D