PDA

View Full Version : Ek open Days

9th Jul 2006, 10:11
The latest email from Capt. Ed states that many people have applied for open flights.
Question:Are you getting paid for that??:confused:

Warlock2000
9th Jul 2006, 13:56
Personally I don't see the problem with checking out what is available in open time and making the swap. But, I guess the reason Uncle Ed doesn't want open time swaps is not so much that the crew scheduling guys are "overworked", it's that he wants us to fly for FREE on OFF DAYS and in doing so he preserves the reserve lines. This in turn makes the crew numbers picture pretty.

Flying on DAYS OFF for FREE - DREAM ON! :p

Also, I find it VERY interesting that some guys complain about our T & C's to their mates and then when I check on the portal I see that these same guys are the open time volunteers. :D

gulfmidnightflier
9th Jul 2006, 14:22
As the Reserve Lines are most likely into overtime, it makes financial sense to try and con some mug into working his Day Off for the paultry callout pay when you would have to pay the reserve a mimimum of 3 hours 30 minutes of overtime to come off standby.

pullup hard
9th Jul 2006, 15:36
Another bad thing about the open flights postings is that with the crew shortage, the "bad" flights are manually assigned whereas they keep the "good" flights to "sell" them to volunteers.
Such happens e.g. with JFK patterns 203/5203, -5203 being posted as open flight. We are once more getting :mad: !!!!Anyone volunteering shoot themselves in the foot, so those still doing it,stop please!

watertheflowers
9th Jul 2006, 16:11
Such happens e.g. with JFK patterns 203/5203, -5203 being posted as open flight. We are once more getting :mad: !!!!Anyone volunteering shoot themselves in the foot, so those still doing it,stop please!

Get real.

Firstly anybody with the 6+ days off in a row needed to pick up any JFK is likely to be up on 900 hours or going out of town.

Secondly if there was anybody that wanted to and could do a JFK on their days off they're not going to turn down 27 hours of overtime to suit your call for a 'work to rule'.

The overwhelming majority will happily take the money. These outbursts of 'rabble rousing' are embarrassing and pointless.

pullup hard
9th Jul 2006, 16:36
wtf, you got a valid point with the JFK flight.
But did you realize that you missed out on the posted VIE layover?? Free 5star accomodation and 14hrs overtime pay, c'mon! Oh, and I am sure NO ONE bidded for that flight:D anyway!..
Money makes the world go round, and EK as well. Maybe we need to stop complaining about working too hard then, since there are still too many underworked, "helpful" company- minded guys out in DXB??

Ghostflyer
9th Jul 2006, 16:38
If you work the open time flight and are already over the hours limit, surely you get overtime as well. That might make financial sense to some.

Yossarian
9th Jul 2006, 21:50
Does it matter? In the end, the company still ends up with x guys maxed out. Here's to forward planning!!

Roster Change
10th Jul 2006, 02:31
Pullup Hard,

Absolute Rubish !

Rabbitwear
10th Jul 2006, 17:46
Ill never say no to a trip home....
Thats all.............

watertheflowers
10th Jul 2006, 22:31
Looks like pullup hard's dream is coming true. Tonights JFK has no First Officers on it as they have both been put on this mornings Sydney.

Interesting times. Where will it end?

Arnie Dan Otherdump
11th Jul 2006, 01:58
...Not tomorrow in Sydney, that's for sure !

Muttley Crew
11th Jul 2006, 08:49
Interesting times. Where will it end?With a 29.97% payrise....?? :=