PDA

View Full Version : UK Heli Operator seeking AS332/S76 pilots in Africa

Chopper Jog
9th Jul 2006, 08:58
Hi there,

So it would appear that Bristow UK is making a move to challenge the Big Red Humming Bird - See the job description:

AS-332 & S-76 pilots (PiC) req'd for forthcoming project in Africa (popular holiday destination, not Nigeria), starting at end of summer. All expenses found by client. Must have offshore exp' and min.1000 hours flying time. Payments may qualify as tax-free depending upon individual's circumstances.

From the agent: There are permanent and contract openings in East Africa (nice part - "holiday destination" but can't say where just yet), West Africa (Nigeria/Mauritania), Kazakhstan, possibly Egypt, maybe UK. Pay and conditions depend on the location, experience, hours, type ratings, etc. Each case is individually addressed.

So CHC Global - be aware that the big giant Uncle Bristow is still alive and well. It is good to see that there are so many opportunities out there at the moment - many more to follow with many pilots retiring in the next few years.

Any other information available on this job?

Best warm wishes,

CJ

SASless
9th Jul 2006, 12:50
Off course Bristow pilots in Nigeria will be at the front of the line as a reward for staying with the company for long termed hardship tours and the new hires will take up the Nigeria postings made vacant by the Nigeria hands going someplace nice for a change. Right?:ugh:

212man
9th Jul 2006, 13:57
Why would anyone want to leave Lagos and go and spend their time on the beach in Mombassa?

Bomber ARIS
9th Jul 2006, 23:21
And where, pray tell, did you find out about this opportunity?...Where do I sign up??

FloaterNorthWest
10th Jul 2006, 18:45
Where and when is this going to be published publicly?

FNW

SASless
10th Jul 2006, 18:47
Published publically....dear boy the manning roster has been established a very long time ago. The Old Boy system sees to that.:*

Bomber ARIS
15th Jul 2006, 04:39
Chopper Jog,

Please check PMs

Chopper Jog
15th Jul 2006, 07:44
Have not received any pms yet!

Regards,

CJ

bondu
15th Jul 2006, 20:49
Just to let everyone know:
No SVNs (Staff Vacancy Notices) on the Aberdeen noticeboards!!
bondu :ugh:

mutley the dog
16th Jul 2006, 14:39
Bondu,

Don't expect to see it appear on company notice boards.

All new employees of Bristow International now have to reside outside of the UK, so unless anyone in Aberdeen is willing to take a paycut, sell up, and move overseas, and be willing to get paid in $US, I can't see there being any volunteers.

The chances are that the crewing will be "new" pilots, who are willing to work for low wages to top up their pensions.

bondu
16th Jul 2006, 20:22
mutley,

I was, of course, being sarcastic!! A number of positions have been 'vacant' recently, and guess what, no SVNs! :ugh:

You are 100% correct in thinking that no UK based Bristow pilot would want to take severe cuts in salary and Ts & Cs to work in Nigeria! :\

bondu

mutley the dog
17th Jul 2006, 13:16
Sorry about missing that Bondu.

After many years in Nigeria, I must have had had my sarcasm chip removed by too much Gulder!

Bomber ARIS
19th Jul 2006, 08:23
Does anyone have any possible contact details for this contract?

I've tried calling Redhill, but cannot seem to get sense out of anyone :ugh:

Yours desperately

Bomber

bondu
19th Jul 2006, 11:17
Bomber,

You want what??????????

Sense and Redhill are not words to be seen together in the same paragraph, let alone sentence!!! :ugh:

bondu

19th Jul 2006, 12:02
Bomber,

I've sent you a P.M