PDA

View Full Version : RAF Recruiting Advert - "Payload Away"

Fournicator
8th Jul 2006, 21:59
Trying to get hold of a copy of the RAF recruiting video from the '90s, featuring a Balkans style scenario, Harriers doing their thing at low level and Hercules dropping aid. Soundtrack ended with "there is hope", before "their country needs you" appeared on the screen to end it. All very powerful stuff.

Have tried googling to no avail, wondering if a copy was available online, rather than having to ask a recruiting office nicely. Thanks in advance for any help/guidance!

ratty1
8th Jul 2006, 22:39
Cant help with the video but did you know that it was filmed in the Ogwen Valley in North Wales?

Stitchbitch
8th Jul 2006, 22:50
The tune was by crystal method and the ad looked great, made me pine for the real thing whilst away with the AAC in Gutersloh. In fact, within a year I was at Laarparts and stitchin for the best :)

FFP
9th Jul 2006, 10:07
"their country needs you" appeared on the screen to end it. All very powerful stuff
I remember that advert and it was pretty punchy stuff. But did you know that it was one of the least sucessful adverts ? Apparently due to the "their country needs you". Didn't wash with most potential applicants.
Bit like the Royal Marine 99.99% need not apply. Guess what ?
Shortage of guys coming through the door at the AFCO for RM.

dallas
9th Jul 2006, 10:27
A little bird told me the 'splinter in finger' ad, filmed in a supermarket with no obvious link to things air force was one of the most successful. Apparently, when asked, today's yoof want to work for an employer that looks after them!

Surely Trading Standards must have got involved?

mbga9pgf
9th Jul 2006, 11:51
A little bird told me the 'splinter in finger' ad, filmed in a supermarket with no obvious link to things air force was one of the most successful. Apparently, when asked, today's yoof want to work for an employer that looks after them!

Surely Trading Standards must have got involved?

What you mean like providing foam protection on our aircraft? Naah, never catch on. :ugh: :ugh:

Twonston Pickle
12th Jul 2006, 11:41
I may be able to help with a copy of said advert; PM me if you want a copy but I can probably only do 1 or 2.

500days2do
12th Jul 2006, 19:56
The advert was shelved for being to close to the truth.Not enough fast jets, too many C130's and helo's.

'For god sake man how can we expect to get £20 billion for the next generation white elephant when all we do is advertise using real people doing real jobs.....'

5d2d

Twonston Pickle
13th Jul 2006, 08:29
It just didn't hit the spot with the Public; they just didn't understand the concept of helping someone who wasn't themselves!!!