17th Sep 2005, 15:50
If you are looking for sponsorship then I found this on the internet earlier:

See the link for more details:
http://www.highlandairways.co.uk/news/cadet.htm

Good luck to anybody that applies
OJ

hingey
17th Sep 2005, 16:14
Would the selection process be the same as Air Atlantique? If you were successful with AA would they maybe place you with Highland or would they prefer to select their own cadets?

h

silverknapper
17th Sep 2005, 17:48
A few atlantic fuglies do go to Highland once they are qualified. But Highland will carry out their own selection, albeit probably identical to the atlantic process.

Atlantic-44
17th Sep 2005, 17:58
The selection process will be almost identical to the AA one. There are no set rules as to where you will end up. Highland cadets will PROBABLY end up back in Inverness. Again, nothing is set in stone.

ecj
18th Sep 2005, 07:37
Will your training include washing aircraft and cutting the grass [again] ?

wbryce
18th Sep 2005, 12:02
Atlantic-44,

Do you know if I would be able to apply for the Highland sponsorship (I was unsuccessful over the last air atlantique sponsorship)....I sent an email to Kay earlier on in the week but never received a reply.

Atlantic-44
18th Sep 2005, 15:25
Errr, I cant see why not. Although if the selection process is exactly the same, then they might say that if you didnt pass the writtens at Atlantique, you're not going to pass them for Highland.

Still, no harm in trying - you dont get if you dont ask.

Best of luck

mad_jock
19th Sep 2005, 11:18
Will your training include washing aircraft and cutting the grass

And don't forget you will be up to olympic standard for shifting newspapers.

Joking aside Its a very pleasant part of the country to be based in. The training is to a high standard and they are all a nice bunch of people.

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk

And go to news And the article on low cost airline tickets

MJ

GusHoneybun
19th Sep 2005, 12:00
Dont get confused, this is a purely Higland Scheme, not another vein of the existing fugly/atlantique sponsorship
Highland have grown over the last few years and don't take seem to take on any Atlantique cadets any more. Last time a fugly was exiled to INV was well over two years ago. As a result, Highland need to source their own cadets to mow grass or load newspapers in return for a pilot's licence. If you are successful in application, you will be based in Inverness, not Coventry.
The ground school will be completed by distance learning and only the advanced flight training will be completed in Coventry.

However, as this is Highland Airways, only short fat ugly pilots need apply.
:=

mad_jock
19th Sep 2005, 13:25
:D

I wondered when that critria was going to be released.

Something along the lines of below has already got a job with Highland

http://www.moviefans.de/shrek/img/shrek-smile.jpg

geordiejet
20th Sep 2005, 09:04
However, as this is Highland Airways, only short fat ugly pilots need apply

hahaha! then im a good candidate! hehe, ive asked for an application form by email a few days ago, not heard anything.

Highland would be a dream career for me! was really surprised to hear about this scheme, my uncle in Stornoway told me about it. Good luck to everyone else who's applying!

Luke SkyToddler
20th Sep 2005, 09:19
Right knock it off you lot, as you are well aware the most stunning talented gorgeous hot little blonde in all of Scotland also occupies a Highland RHS. And that kiwi guy is a bloody great guy as well :)

I can confirm for anyone who's interested this is definitely a Highland only scheme, the assessment is done by our people and we are definitely not going to be sending you to Coventry when you've finished.

It's certainly not a 'banishment' to the Highlands either, the lifestyle we have here absolutely wallops Coventry if you ask me. in fact the last two Coventry cadets who got sent up here about 3 years ago, fought tooth and nail to stay when they were supposed to go back to CVT because they liked it up here so much (they're now both captains here). What else ... quick command, better pay than either Logan or Eastern, Highlands on your doorstep with all that associated outdoorsy stuff like hill walking and mountain biking and whisky drinking and windsurfing etc to do on your days off. Other benefits that aren't so immediately obvious, such as beachfront houses on the nicest white-sand 10 mile long beach in all of Britain that still come in at well south of £100,000 (and it's the last place in Britain where the property price boom is still happening). Interesting rosters with plenty of charters round Britain and Scandinavia along with the bread-and-butter Scottish Isles stuff.

OK so you're going to do some time working in ops before we turn you loose in the aircraft, and yep you're going to have to load and unload newspapers both as an ops person and indeed when you're flying for us as well, if you can't handle that then don't apply.

However if you are looking for sponsorship that's going to lead to one of the last truly interesting jobs in Britain, in a really nice part of the country, and a rock solid grounding in real flying for a year or two before you bugger off to your boring 737 job, then you really should be applying for this one.

geordiejet
20th Sep 2005, 10:49
Luke. I agree-Highlands beat CVT-best place in the world up there if you ask me!

Do anyone by any chance know that, once the four year period is up, will the successful condidates be offered a permanent contract with Highland? Or are the offered permanent contracts from the beginning.

Yeah, the beaches up there are incredible :-) And the scenary! Would beat holiday charters to Malaga any day!!

Alex:-)

sk8erboi
20th Sep 2005, 13:10
What Luke says is true. I fly for Logan but a mate works for Highland and I get jealous whenever he is off round the UK or Europe. Flying round Scotland is great but a wee bit more time in busy controlled airspace would be useful, especially when the time comes for a move to a jet. And the money is better!
But as for living in Scotland - it can't be beaten! I long for the day we open a base in the Highlands!

silverknapper
20th Sep 2005, 13:15
Geordie

If you want to stay they'll keep you. As discussed elsewhere all TP operators have probs with staff retention. I would imagine once you are online and have 6 months probation under your belt the contract will be permanent.
WBryce. Why did you e mail cov? It clearly states contact Sarah Lister?

Say again s l o w l y
20th Sep 2005, 15:04
The letter our flying club recieved about this scheme stated very clearly to e-mail Kay. So I assume that why Will sent it to her.

wbryce
20th Sep 2005, 22:23
As stated above, our flying club received the letter (headed - Highland Airways) and thats how I found out about this.

The part that made me assume this was all done by air atlantique is that Kay Coleys name and email address (air atlantique one) was the contact information given on the letter.

will

P Mitchell
22nd Sep 2005, 19:23
Has anyone received a response from the email address advertised yet?

u03mss
22nd Sep 2005, 20:12
I asked for an application form on Monday.

I got a reply on Wednesday asking me to send her my postal address.

Hope that helps

M

:D

navoff
23rd Sep 2005, 19:14
Can't agree more with Luke,

A great company to work for!! Who cares about jets, when quality of life is high.

Navoff

Mister Geezer
23rd Sep 2005, 20:29
This is a good scheme for those wanting their first break.

As someone who has been round Europe and the UK, nothing beats island flying in Scotland. However it is nice doing island flying in a jet and climbing above the weather and hearing the Logan and Hiway callsigns picking their way round the CBs! ;)

P Mitchell
26th Sep 2005, 12:48
Sorry to reiterate a previous post, but has anyone yet received an application form for this scheme yet?

hingey
26th Sep 2005, 15:41
Not me, I sent my address roughly Tuesday last week. I had the same problem with Air Atlantique. I think they may be giving us the cold shoulder, as I had to chase up my AA application a month after I asked for the forms. Three days later they arrived in the post! Maybe Highland does the same?

h

mad_jock
28th Sep 2005, 11:51
Calm down to a panic.

Its a small company with people having several hats. And sorting out a cadetship is pretty low in the scheme of things when operating day to day.

I heard Luke's tones south of the border today and Gus is molesting Puffin's. I presume their lack of responce is because they are both working.

I am sure one of them will have a word when they get back.

Geezer obviously enjoying your 4 hairdryers. Are you missing the fancy avionics yet? :=

MJ

MrHorgy
1st Oct 2005, 23:14
I rang them last week and spoke to Sarah, a very nice lady, she said she'd only JUST had word from head office it was even being advertised, and to expect a form in the post within the next fortnight or so.

Horgy

hingey
5th Oct 2005, 14:30
Just had an email from Sarah telling me the recruitment is the same as AA, even though an email a couple weeks back said the opposite! She said that as I've applied for AA they won't accept an application from me. What's going on?

h

silverknapper
5th Oct 2005, 20:13
What did the mail a couple of weeks ago say?
To be fair if the process is the same then if you failed it already, having another go will give you an unfair advantage over someone else. It'll also cost them money to assess you when you haven't met the standards already.
And if you are successful with AA then they had you first. If you are from the Highlands then fair enough try to get into HA, but no point putting you through a recruitment process twice either way.

Pole Hill
8th Oct 2005, 10:11
Has anybody heard anything?

To be fair if the process is the same then if you failed it already

Who says that the Atlantique candidate failed the process if they weren't successful? That candidate may have passed, but simply didn't score in the top x number of candidates that were proceeding to the next stage. But I could be wrong, I don't know how their recruitment process works. I'm just trying to think the glass is half full, not half empty! :ok:

POL

bantermanter
8th Oct 2005, 13:03
erm....lets see,why are highland sponsering...its because they cant find anyone else to work for them..its as simple as that..

management get together...find some wanabees ...offer them wot looks like a good deal over a few years...(cheap labour) better then employing some office junior and baggage handlers...wake up ..please

Atlantic-44
8th Oct 2005, 13:55
Who says that the Atlantique candidate failed the process if they weren't successful? That candidate may have passed, but simply didn't score in the top x number of candidates that were proceeding to the next stage.

There is a set pass mark on the tests. Everyone who achieves that mark, goes through to the next stage. Sorry to empty that half full glass of yours. In fairness, the McQuaig is a difficult paper.

GusHoneybun
8th Oct 2005, 14:01
bantermanter.

i have read you post a number of times and still fail to see what exactly is your point.
Hhighland have no problem with people wanting to work for them. just ask ops how many phone calls they get from wannabe's or how many trees of CV's litter the Cheif Pilots desk.

However, the problem is with the retention of the Captains. You join Highland as a low houred FO, work your derriere off and finally make it up to Captain. Only to promptly naff off to some dreary jet job somewhere, leaving the seat warm for the next FO, who is also dishing out CV's looking to scoot off.

And I don't think this problem is limited to Highland. Look at any small airline and the one thing they are desperate for is Captains. FO's are ten a penny.

This is why Atlantique started their fugly scheme all those years ago. The company trains the fugly's to the highest standard and gives them command whilst the ink is still drying on their green licence. As they still have well over three years left on their bond at that point, then Atlantique get a Captain for at least three years and hey presto! no Captain shortage. Problem solved.

So what if you spend 18 months cutting grass, washing aircraft or humping newspapers round the arse end of scotland? In return you'll get a nice shiny blue book with the word Commercial Pilots Licence written on it. You will get some of the best training that money can't buy down in Coventry. You will get some of the best flying in the country. Couple that with a free type rating and a quick route to command. All that for the price of a stamp!!!

Some people can't see a good thing even when it comes up and smacks them in the face with a wet haddock whilst shouting 'I'm a good thing, tra la la de lar'.

For those of you that have applied, be patient. Highland will get back to you, only when they get a spare moment to process your application.

As people are too busy, what they need is a fugly to send out the application forms. Oh the irony. :ugh:

geordiejet
8th Oct 2005, 19:59
guyshunybun, I totally agree-it is an AMAZING oppertunity! Working in the the Highlands is my dream-this is my 'X Factor'!! ITs an excellent oppertunity for whoever gets it! Flying the Highlands must be wonderful-you do the regulars to the Hebrides and Northern Isles, and charter work. Good luck to everyone :O I can't wait to get my apps so I can fill it in and get it sent off!

Pole Hill
8th Oct 2005, 22:48
Atlantic-44,
You'll never empty that glass of mine. :ok:
There are plenty of competant employed pilots who would not have made the grade in sponsorship schemes' aptitude tests.
Incidentally, I wonder what the McQuaig tests are trying to establish, ability to pass ATPL exams?
Anyway, all the best with your training. :)
POL

silverknapper
9th Oct 2005, 20:35
Bantermanter

Get a grip mate. You complain about people paying for line training etc in past posts, and then when an up and coming company with good future growth plans does something positive for the industry you slag it off.
I'm guessing Highland have knocked you back at some point in the past. Never mind mate!

Pole

The tests are not just to establish intelligence, but personality. if interpreted correctly they 'allegedly' give a view of how a person would fit in a role. I say allegedly as not sure I believe all that stuff!

Atreyu
9th Oct 2005, 20:57
Bantermanter, whats with the little outburst? Knocked back from a sponsorship scheme? Just get on with it, don't spit your dummy out cos you didn't get through its really silly and pathetic

Will88
13th Nov 2005, 13:49
Does anyone know how often they are going to take on cadets? Is this a one-off?

I seem to remember seeing "2~3 cadets per year" quoted somewhere but I can't quite remember.

Cheers

GusHoneybun
13th Nov 2005, 14:42
The info I was told was that this is a rolling scheme. There seems to be no closing date and as Highland are 'waiting for the right candidate to walk through the door'.

Will88
13th Nov 2005, 21:11
That just about makes sense.

I got an email from Sarah Lister a while back saying that they'd be very interested to hear from me when I turned 18, but the closing date for applications is Nov 30th.

jetstreamlover
14th Nov 2005, 14:59
Hey, whats actually involved in the selection process? Ive managed to find info on all the minimum requirements but not the process itself. Is it just the same as ctc/oxford/flybe etc, as in aptitude tests and maths/physics stuff?!

heinzmanm
19th Nov 2005, 21:10
Anyone know how often they have an intake?
My application form says 30th November deadline but wondering if there will be another one soon?

Matt

geordiejet
5th Dec 2005, 11:37
I know it's early days, but has anyone heard back from HWY yet :-)

Alex

P Mitchell
6th Dec 2005, 17:54
Nope, not a zip yet, could be a wee while I guess

Will88
13th Dec 2005, 19:31
Just wondering if anything has happened yet?

geordiejet
14th Dec 2005, 08:20
I got an email yesterday saying t hat due to the overwhelming response to the ad, it may take one to two months to get back. THose successful will be invited to a group interview. THat was pretty much it.

P Mitchell
15th Dec 2005, 18:21
Yeah also got the same email, looks like we could be playing the waiting game for a while

Blue06
18th Dec 2005, 22:38
Hi,

I have an upcoming interview in january with Highland for F/O on their Jetstream 31.

Does anybody have any info on what the interview will consist of? Is there a sim-test/flight test?
How is the roster/pay etc?

Since this will be my first interview for a pilot possition;
what is the expected clothing requirement? Dark suit with/without tie??

Any info would be helpful!!!!

Thnx!!

Luke SkyToddler
19th Dec 2005, 07:55
The interview is carried out by one, two or sometimes all three of the Highland airways senior / management captains, who are the Chief Pilot, the Managing Director and the Flight Safety Officer.

It doesn't assume prior technical knowledge of J31s etc, it's more of a chat rather than a grilling, and the interview questions are completely normal and non threatening and exactly the ones you'd expect, in terms of tell us about your career to date - why do you want to work for Highland etc.

Since you said this is your first interview for any job, I take it you're a low timer? Think about why you actually want the job, and why they should give it to YOU, they know it's difficult to keep pilots around here once they've got some hours in the logbook, if you have a connection with the Highlands / Inverness then so much the better. With all due respect it's not the average airline job, it doesn't have some of the most basic perks of normal airlines i.e. hosties or even autopilots, it involves a lot of heavy lifting and hard graft and the idea in the interview is to avoid looking like you're a malcontent or someone who's going to do a runner after 6 months. Yep you know (and they know you know!) that you're going to bail out to a nice warm jet after two or three years here but do try not to highlight the fact ...

The aviation-knowledge questions such as they are, are quite heavily geared towards some of the more unique aspects of the job we get up here in the Highlands and Islands, i.e. you'll shine at interview if you think about all the necessary procedures for hand flying a battered old analog turboprop around a country where it's incredibly cold, windy, icy, rainy, snowy, and foggy, with a lot of procedural approaches and go-rounds due weather. Not a lot of point giving away specifics of interview questions on this site, for the simple reason that one in particular of those management pilots is a PPRuNe fiend who is reading this right now (and he knows fine well who I am ) and he will undoubtedly revise the question bank if I dish too much dirt!

There is a flight assessment to follow and it has taken different forms over the years, it's supposed to be done in a king air sim but has been done in an aircraft as well.

What to wear, nothing out of the ordinary there, standard interview gear I guess, which if you need it spelled out is a plain boring conservative dark suit.

Best of luck!

CRX
19th Dec 2005, 20:46
Hey Toddler, :ok: :ok: ;)

heinzmanm
17th Jan 2006, 15:00
Has anyone who applied for this scheme (closing date 30th November 2005) heard anything yet?
The initial email reply suggested early February as a provisional date for interviews but I guess this could have changed.

Thanks

Matt

P Mitchell
17th Jan 2006, 15:04
I was just wondering myself what was happening. I havent heard anything as of yet either. I may give them a ring in a week or so if still no news.

spunktastic
20th Feb 2006, 22:17
Hey,

Has anyone who was at Highland last week hear anyword back yet from Sarah Lister. I'm so desperate to get a job here they seem like such a great airline to work for!:ok:

Luke SkyToddler
21st Feb 2006, 14:02
Relax you guys, I know Alan's been busy flying these last couple of days, so I doubt very much that any decision has been made yet :)

Boingy
21st Feb 2006, 15:06
Relax you guys, I know Alan's been busy flying these last couple of days, so I doubt very much that any decision has been made yet :)

I'd love to relax, but it's not easy when you sit there waiting and waiting.... Even if it has only been a week so far... And it will be life changing.. (hopefully.....)

geordiejet
22nd Feb 2006, 10:08
Hey,
Yeah I'm also waiting! Half nervous/half excited. Good luck everyone :-)

spunktastic
22nd Feb 2006, 16:25
Yeah good luck to all involved!!! :ok:

Diamond 'katana' geezer
24th Feb 2006, 11:14
any news anyone?????

nottelling
24th Feb 2006, 11:32
Well I heard back today, no luck again :(
Best of luck to those left in the application process, what a fantastic company to work for, I am very jealous of the two lucky people who make it

NT

heinzmanm
24th Feb 2006, 12:21
Just had the email I've been waiting for - got a second interview at the end of March!!
Well Done to anyone else who got this far too and in fact to anyone who got down to the final 18!

Matt

geordiejet
1st Mar 2006, 16:18
yeah, i got through too :-) right in the middle of my brush ups-im going to be busy that week :-)

heinzmanm
1st Mar 2006, 20:08
Nice one mate - I knew there was a reason I put my Mod 2 brush ups off until April!!

Matt

geordiejet
1st Mar 2006, 22:05
Nice one mate - I knew there was a reason I put my Mod 2 brush ups off until April!!
Matt

Yeah i spent the weekend in a bit of flap-wasnt sure if I could take a day from brush up for the interview! But luckily I'm allowed to :-) You know how many made it to this stage?

alpacapoo
1st Mar 2006, 22:44
I heard 4.

However, I assume that not everyone will post on here. Looking like possibly more to me.

Boingy
2nd Mar 2006, 12:04
I heard 5, I know I'm 1 of them and theres the 2 of you.......

alpacapoo
2nd Mar 2006, 14:02
Hmmm......interesting.

It seems that everyone has got an interview!

nottelling and I are feeling a bit left out!

Clearairturbulence
5th Mar 2006, 10:24
Excuse my ignorance guys, but what are 'brush ups'?:confused:

heinzmanm
5th Mar 2006, 10:30
Brush Ups are basically 2 week revision courses that you complete as part of distance learning ATPL study (especially with Bristol Groundschool), before you sit the exams.

Matt

Clearairturbulence
5th Mar 2006, 10:43
Thanks Matt:)

hardcase
25th Mar 2006, 17:12
hi all
does anyone know who operates and recruits for the 2 ATR42's based from Coventry?? i have searched and can't find out whether it is Highland Airways or Atlantic Airways.....:confused:
hardcase

Luke SkyToddler
25th Mar 2006, 19:55
Answer is ... both.

Although they have common ownership, Highland and Atlantic have a separate management, separate AOC and separate flight ops / recruitment dept.

Atlantic are the only ones with ATR's at the moment, but Highland are getting some very very shortly.

Couldn't tell you whether Atlantic are recruiting ATR drivers or not, but Highland definitely are, they ran an advert in Flight a couple of weeks ago. Particularly interested in Captains or high time FO's with quick command potential.

26th Mar 2006, 15:12
If you're type rated; Atlantique (not Atlantic) might be interested.

Clipperpan
26th Mar 2006, 17:54
If you're type rated; Atlantique (not Atlantic) might be interested.

Same for Highland...

alpacapoo
30th Mar 2006, 20:51
birdy told me that some folk have been having interviews these last few days!?!

As soon as anyone finds out, either way, can you post on here so that anyone else waiting can see if they are in....or out as the case may be?!? :{

deal?

i'm just being a nosey bitch

Boingy
1st Apr 2006, 10:20
Judgement Day is April 14th........

Will88
19th Apr 2006, 15:45
So, what's the good word? Last I heard 14th April was when the decision would be made :=

geordiejet
20th Apr 2006, 11:01
I didnt get in :-( not heard from any of the others, so unsure as to who got it.

Boingy
20th Apr 2006, 11:57
I didn't get in either. According to their HR they only accepted One person...

Will88
20th Apr 2006, 12:40
Sorry to hear that chaps.

heinzmanm
21st Apr 2006, 13:58
I didn't get in either!!
Congrats to the one that did though

Matt

Edinburgh
8th Jul 2006, 13:22
Hey guys and girls.

I have been searching for information relating to Highland Airways, but so far I have been unsuccessful in finding much information via the search function.

Therefore I am asking for peoples views on the operation in Inverness, such as the questions asked at the interview, what the interview is like in general and if anyone has a view on how it is to work for the company as a pilot. The job I will be interviewing for will be as a pilot on either the F406 or the J31, so if anyone has stories to tell or experiences with these aircrafts I would be interested in hearing from you as well.

Looking forward to your responses.

Cheers:ok:

GusHoneybun
9th Jul 2006, 18:53
First thing you should do is read Luke's post above you will learn everything you need to prepare for the actual interview. As for working for them, well....

Highland consist of 3 Jetstream 31's and 3 Cessna 406 and the flight crew work in either the commercial operation or the fisheries operation.
Two of the 406 are owned by the Scottish Fisheries Protection agency and used exclusively on Fisheries Patrol. They consist three crew (captian, fo and a radar operator) flying around at low level for up to 5 hours chasing naughty fishing boats. The job requires a good amount of VFR stick skills as a 45 degree steep turn at 200 ft whilst dodging kamakaze seagulls is not for the faint hearted!. There are no early starts, nearly every weekend off with the roster usually 2 weeks on 1 week standby. The crew in the fisheries are an easy going bunch, and you will be expected to spend 5 days away from base in such delightful places as Sumburgh and Stornoway, so if you have a young family make sure they are of the understanding kind. As this is a government contract, they stipulated that the flight crew are ring-fenced within Highland and conduct no other flying. So if you are employed as a fisheries pilot, that's all you'll do in Highland.
The commerical flight crew are either rated on the Jetstream or the 406 (or sometime both). The main contract operated out of Inverness is delivering newspapers to the Western and Northern Isles. The 406 is used to cart the papers to Northern Isles and the Jetstream takes the papers to the Western Isles. Once the Jetstream gets to Stornoway and dumps it's load (and you will be expected to help unload) it then operates a schedule between Stornoway and Benbecula twice a day before returning to Inverness. As there is only one crew involved, then this leads to some long duty days. The 406 drivers have an slightly easier life as once they finish their paper round (about 10-11am) they pretty much have the rest of the day to themselves. However, the 406 is used as a Single Pilot aircraft (unlike the fisheries) and like all single pilot ops, great fun on nice days, bloody hard work on the not so nice days. The other main contract is operated out of Warton, exclusively on the J31. This is a monday-friday run down to cambridge and back and again can include some fairly lengthy duty days. This contract is crewed locally, but sometimes inverness crew have to go down for a week to cover holidays/duty/sickness. The last Jetstream is used for Charter work, and as is the nature of Charter work, can either be very busy or gathering dust in a hanger. Most charters are based around the oil industry so involve trips to Norway, Ireland and Norwich! Commercial operations requires early starts, working at the weekends and a flexible attitude to rostering, no different to any TP operator.

Whatever operation you are being interviewed for, the type rating is paid for by the company and you are bonded for 3 years, with the bond decreasing a set amount each month. If you have all the ticks in the boxes, then time to command can be relatively short in the commercial sector. However, fisheries tends to be dead man's shoes if you're looking for you're bump to the left hand seat. Pay is about average for a TP operator, a good pension scheme, no sector pay and you pay for your own medical.

DEFINED CONTRIBUTION
11th Jul 2006, 23:50
Just two little bits to add to the excellent posts above.

1. There used to be a McQuaig test. Simple grammar and arithmetic etc. However that was some years ago and may well no longer be the case.

2. It's worth knowing that EVERYONE loads papers from the MD down so please don't feel that it will just be you as a new FO doing it. It would be important to me to know that.

Good luck. :D

Edinburgh
17th Jul 2006, 09:19
Thank you guys, once again PPRUNE offers good support when it comes to preparation to an interview.

I went for the interview last week, but so far no reply, so I am thinking that I must have messed up. What is the normal procedure from Highland Airways when it comes to contacting the candidates that were successful?

Have to say, I really enjoyed the experience. It was a nice group of people working there and the pilots conducting the interview made me feel at home.

Good luck to all the candidates who went for an interview, and all the best with your training.

:cool:

Tui Hat Wearing Son
18th Jul 2006, 17:24
:ok: The cadet scheme is back on.

get your applications in girls!

http://www.highlandairways.co.uk/news/cadet.htm

sicky
18th Jul 2006, 17:28
just a shame that you need a PPL first :*

femaleWannabe
18th Jul 2006, 20:55
damn, won't have my ppl by then! fingers crossed they keep doing this scheme so i can apply next year.