PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Blue Check in counter job

eagle01
8th Jul 2006, 12:05
Hello

Does anyone know if there are check in counter jobs at Brisbane airport with airlines like VB for instance?

Eagle 01

DJ_Fly_Boi
8th Jul 2006, 22:23
Hi Eagle

Yes there are jobs with DJ at Brisbane Airport - we recruit all the time and you can apply online at www.virginblue.com.au - there are a few intakes for positions in BNE this year.

Good Luck!

travellin*lite*years
25th Jul 2006, 17:44
hiya

i am a newbie, so forgive me if this is in the wrong section (I'm still new to all the terms and lingo!)

I have been asked to attend a Virgin blue recruitment day, but for the ground crew guest centre in Brisbane. Just wondering if anyone out there has been to one previously? I have read alot in the main Virgin Blue Recruitment thread (thanks to everyone there for all the great info), but would the ground crew RD's be similar to the ones for CC? more/less people? more focused on your sales experience?

TIA :D

beachboy66
26th Jul 2006, 00:03
Hey you who's thinking of working with Dj in BNE or anywhere alse for that matter. Im supprised that they are employing number 1. But are you sure its with them direct ??? As far as i know they employe through a company called WESTAFF yep we staff !!!!
Think of this you have to pay for your uniform NO return cost back to you.Have to pay for your medical, parking,asic card. They will tell you (westaff) that you are able to claim back 100% at tax time !!!!
I so which i had a tape recorded that day, as id be a rich boy now ...
They are full of S---T lies lies lies lies lies and morrrrrrrrrreeeee liesssssssssss.
Oh and the pinch is wait are you ready ??? You be employed for less tahn six month's then ENCOURAGED to go for an interview , to then work perm bases with DJ direct, and after the interview they DJ and westaff will advise that you did'nt MEET THE BENCH MARK !!!!!Hows that go ahead try it and see what happen's...
PS westaff are trying to get all the dj operated ports syd/me/bne/adl....

DJ_Fly_Boi
26th Jul 2006, 22:42
Not entirely true Beachboy.

There are both 'Casual' - Westaff and Company employed personnel in each of the 4 main ports.

The most recent intake in BNE - had both Casual and Permanent Staff in it.

Not everyone has to start out with Westaff!

In my experience SOME of the people that were employed by Westaff have not been offerred employment by Virgin Blue - and yes it was due to performance issues - however MANY of the former Westaff employees have been welcomed aboard as permanent Full Time and Part Time Team Members.

So - to anyone thinking of applying - look at the positives - you have 2 avenues to go down to land the job you want!

737opsguy
27th Jul 2006, 02:42
travellin*lite*years, yes the ground crew days are slightly different from the CC days. On the Ground Crew days they focus more on the customer service aspect of the role and what experiences you have had in this area. I think that they do some group work to identify those people who are clearly about to work as part of a team and interact well with others. Those who are able to accept the ideas of others but also confidently present their own opinion.

I think that there is a scenario section at one stage where they put you in a specific situation and have a role play session to see how you are able to interact with a customer who's expectations may not have been met (ie: generally upset).

The above is based on feedback from others who have done it. I haven't actually been to one of these days.

travellin*lite*years
29th Jul 2006, 23:41
travellin*lite*years, yes the ground crew days are slightly different from the CC days. On the Ground Crew days they focus more on the customer service aspect of the role and what experiences you have had in this area. I think that they do some group work to identify those people who are clearly about to work as part of a team and interact well with others. Those who are able to accept the ideas of others but also confidently present their own opinion.

I think that there is a scenario section at one stage where they put you in a specific situation and have a role play session to see how you are able to interact with a customer who's expectations may not have been met (ie: generally upset).

thanks for the heads up, 737opsguy. I have a fair amount of exp in customer service but i am so nervous about this interview, i am just worried i wont perform well on the day :\ .

does any one have any suggestions for the scenario section of an unhappy customer?
i would generally answer that i would listen to the customer's concerns, be sympathetic to them and try to do what i could to meet their satisfactions and rectify their concerns. thats the approach i take in my current job, but would this be too flexible for VB? because i understand that they can't give in to every single demand of a customer? :sad: eeek!

puff
30th Jul 2006, 01:38
Friends of mine have applied worked for them in the past. Not sure if it's changed but in the past, all Pit Crew(baggage handlers) and guest services(checkin) are only employed as Permanant Part Timers. Only guarantee you 30 hours a week then it's a scrum of people who try to get the o/t when it's available.

They keep most of the 2 areas as perm part time as it allows them the flexibilty to up your hours and give you full time hours when they need you, and when it's quiet just keep you on 30 hours a week. It's pretty fierce competition to get a 'full time' role in either area.

Again i'm not sure if this is still accurate but this is from people i've known that have worked in both areas.

One of my friends dealt with the Westaff people too, from their experience steer clear and see if you can get in straight with DJ. They had to laugh during the interview process Westaff refused to tell who their 'client' was, though when my friend was unsuccessful for guest services they were asked if they would like to apply for 'pit crew'. So many other airlines call it that!

Travellin lite it sounds like you have an interview for the call centre rather than the airport, I believe they are expanding their call centre and moving into another facility as well in fort. valley