PDA

View Full Version : National Jet Perth

Skygal
8th Jul 2006, 04:22
Hi I was just wondering, If there is anybody currently working for National Jet Systems out of Perth, who wouldn't mind shedding some light on your job.
I have to decide if I'am going to leave my current CC job in Sydney and move to Perth to work with National Jet. Big decision so any help, info and advice would be soooooo appreciated!!

A big thankyou in advance!!!

Sky Gal XXXX

skyhigh782
12th Jul 2006, 18:21
HI!

Depending on what airline your currently with I wouldn't be moving in a hurry.

There are a few pros and cons for NJ. You start of small - in charter which is flying miners to the mine sites so it is nothing glam! The pay is average, although they have just started overtime. We sometimes get stuck with an all day shift at a mine site where we get a donga for the day until flying back that night. We also do a flight where we land and sleep on the plane for a few hours before flying back. Your home everynight with no overnights unless your lucky to get the odd ad-hoc flight of detainees or gov. You also get most weekends off.

Charter does lead to Qantaslink ...eventually, in perth you would be waiting a while to move to the other side. CNS and DRW you can get through atm quickly however you can't put your name down until a year of service. My understanding atm there is a fair bit of movement with people leaving so maybe try your luck to calling the CC admin and see if you can be based in cns or drw Qlink. Cns is the best $ and drw is good 2.

If your coming from a small airline you will enjoy NJ and if you like the quiet Perth lifestyle compared to syd. If your moving from DJ or JQ however have a good think about it. The company is improving, like i said b4 try your luck into being based in cns or drw. You do mostly overnights so your only some a couple of nights a week.

Hope this has helped :}