PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter training

george737
7th Jul 2006, 22:19
Hi every one.While i was searching the internet i saw Tiger Helicopters. Does anybody now anything about this school?It looks interesting

Whirlygig
7th Jul 2006, 22:22
Firstly, you're better of asking questions about helicopter training on Rotorheads rather than here - there is a sticky of FAQs for training so please read that first.

Secondly, you are unlikely to get replies about individual schools - nobody thinks it is fair one way or the other!

Cheers

Whirls

lup
8th Jul 2006, 07:52
I have landed there a few times in the past, they are a very friendly bunch, the owner is a really nice guy.
Last time I was there they had built a new hanger and are working on a agusta 109 fixed Sim for JAR Sim training and IR training.

The airfield seems to be pleasant and helpfull, that's all I can offer.
This is the rotorheads forum, as it says on the heading,Rotorheads A haven for professional helicopter pilots to discuss the things that affect them.

Whirlygig
8th Jul 2006, 08:17
This is the rotorheads forum, as it says on the heading,Rotorheads A haven for professional helicopter pilots to discuss the things that affect them.
That must be why Heliport has many hours compiling and merging various training threads into an FAQ training thread? :hmm:

Cheers

Whirls

lup
8th Jul 2006, 12:52
That was not aimed at you, but you obviously thought so.

George737 can ask questions without ploughing through a thread if he wants to.

It looks like he WAS asking his question in "rotorheads", hence my quote.

Maybe the forum heading should be changed, I don't know, far beyond me to even remark as I am a late joiner and have not read enough opinions of other people to qualify as an adviser on aviation issues!

Whirlygig
8th Jul 2006, 13:18
Lup, I did not, for one minute, think you were referirng to me. It sounded as if you were suggesting to the thread originator that this forum was for professional helicopter pilots only - some do have that attitude, most don't.

The original question and my initial response appeared on Professional Pilot Training which is fixed wing oriented and a moderator moved it here where most people are more than willing to give good advice. However, due to rules about advertising (and defamation), people do not tend to say much about individual schools.

Cheers

Whirls

george737
15th Jul 2006, 20:32
:eek: :eek: Hi again!First of all lets not be confrontational!I am new in this forum and yes i haven't read the forum FAQ dear Whirligig.But lets get this straight...i'm looking for a school to get my flying training.If i don't ask in this forum to get some advise where sould i go and ask?I always thought that forums are places where members exchange ideas,experiences etc.Why its not fair to be informed by a fellow airman about a specific flight school.To whom is not fair?Dear lup thanks for your...UNFAIR hint about that school...:ok:

Heliport
16th Jul 2006, 08:43
george737
i haven't read the forum FAQ dear Whirligig
Then I suggest you do, dear george737.
As Whirlygig helpfully explained (or tried to explain) to you, numerous training topics are listed on one thread with links to the relevant discussions.

I created it as an easy reference to help people looking for information and to try to reduce the number of frequently asked training questions on the forum. Her suggestion that you read that thread first was good advice.
Frequently Asked Training & Employment Questions: Please read before posting (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=122944)

You could also use the Search facility.
Suggestions:
The Advanced Search option is better.
The default setting searches for posts from the past month. You can change that to longer periods.

If you still don't find answers to your question, feel free to ask them here.

Comments on individual schools
Whirlygig's opinion is shared by some contributors but not by others. Provided comments don't breach PPRuNe's strict 'No Free Advertising/Promotion in Posts' rule or put PPRuNe at risk legal action for Defamation, they are permitted. Since you're interested in UK schools, I can only recall negative comments about one UK flight school (HeliJet near Leeds/Bradford airport) and one UK Ground School.

Positive recommendations should be treated with caution - we have no way of knowing if the comments are independent or come from people associated with the school. A more accurate picture can be obtained by reading the various training threads and noting the schools which are consistently recommended by many people.

Heliport