PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a current MIR before starting TR

Jannik23
7th Jul 2006, 21:17
I thinking about doing a SSTR but my MEIR has expired so do I have to renew it before I can start the TR training or can I get the IR renewed during the TR skillstest???

Jannik

BillieBob
8th Jul 2006, 01:10
The quick answer to your question is 'Yes', you must hold a valid MEIR to before commencing a MPA type rating course. The less quick answer is:-
JAR-FCL 1.250 states:
(a) Pre-requisite conditions for training:
An applicant for the first type rating course for a multi- pilot aeroplane type shall:
(2) have a valid multi-engine instrument rating (A);
JAR-FCL 1.185 states:
(a) An IR(A) is valid for one year from the date of issue or renewal, or from the expiry date of a current IR(A) if revalidated in accordance with JAR-FCL 1.246(a).

Michael the Taker
20th Jul 2006, 15:28
In a similar vane to Jannik, I am about to start a type rating. However my Multi-Engine Piston (MEP) rating has expired but my multi-engine instrument rating hasn't (IR-SPA-ME) - i.e. I did my multi-CPL before my IR.

From LASORS 2006 I see that I require:
a current and valid multi-engine Instrument Rating (Aeroplanes) [Section F4.1]
What's the difference between "current" and "valid"? From my interpretation I don't need a MEP rating but my ME-IR is current but not valid. Do I have to renew my MEP to start a type-rating on a jet?

Many thanks

Keygrip
20th Jul 2006, 16:24
Who votes that we start a "Question of the week" and make it a sticky?

It never changes - so it might save a lot of time and bandwidth.

Mercenary Pilot
20th Jul 2006, 17:24
hehehe I agree Keygrip;)

Maybe we could also force new members to do a TR on the search function before allowing them to post :} :ok:

You dont need an MEP (at all) but you do need a current ME/IR for your first Multi pilot aircraft type rating.

Jimmy The Big Greek
20th Jul 2006, 20:16
You need a valid ME/IR and LOADS of cash to start a typerating :E

Michael the Taker
25th Jul 2006, 00:14
Oh well, gee, thanks guys. I asked a question and got shot down.
I had a search and I came up with this thread which looked like the most relevant. Obvioulsy it wasn't and I'm sorry to waste your time. It was important to me so thank you for replying anyway.
Just on the side, you know the search function doesn't recognise anything less than three letter words so things such as MEP, TR, ME-IR (I know!) don't get picked up. (Actually the whole world of aviation works on TLAs which can be frustrating in a search function)

Woof etc
25th Jul 2006, 15:07
Hmm.

Know of pilots with non-JAR licences (ATPL), that have combined the TR flight test with the JAR ATPL skills test. Not sure of the exact details - anyone else heard of this?

scroggs
26th Jul 2006, 08:25
Michael you can get round the three-letter limit by using Google/Yahoo or whoever to search the site.

Scroggs