View Full Version : Air Foyle

bacardi walla
7th Jul 2006, 11:07
I'm assuming the recent thread about the demise of Air Foyle was removed by the mods due to advertising rules. Does anyone know what is likely to happen on 17th July :confused: - why wait until 17th anyway ??

Thunderbird 3
7th Jul 2006, 11:59
Possibly to do with the employment laws.
Staff put on garden leave, waiting for the call.
17 July Press day at Farnborough Air Show not a bad day to announce
the joint venture between VDA & ADB and the birth of Ruslan International.
Lets hope Mr Isaikin has nothing to do with Hale & Pace, they have made enough money out of Chris Foyle.

bacardi walla
7th Jul 2006, 12:01
IMHO, the biggest mistake CF made was to get into bed with HLA. Lets hope something can be made of this new venture. Time maybe to weed out hangers on :mad:

FL460
10th Jul 2006, 08:53
I agree with barcardi although my understanding was that ADB forced CF into bed with HFL cause ADB thought they would pick up VDA customers!!

Small point....its AirFoyle Heavylift (AFH) thats going/gone not Air Foyle Ltd.

Cant see the VDA/ADB marriage lasting long...especialy as ADB is still partly owned by the Gov of Ukraine...who are not on particuly good terms with thier Russian neighbours :{

Kalium Chloride
12th Jul 2006, 08:56
Don't have it here to paste, but I've seen an article in Air Transport Intelligence (this week?) which confirms the VDA/ADB joint venture and, if I recall, the end of the AFHL deal.

ALLDAYDELI
12th Jul 2006, 09:22
they (ADB & VDA) are forming jointly a company called Ruslan International to market the 124s and sell backhauls etc etc.
The former AFH commercial team are allegedly transferring to Ruslan Intl.

Thunderbird 3
12th Jul 2006, 10:06
Not all of them.

VP8
12th Jul 2006, 14:14
Don't have it here to paste, but I've seen an article in Air Transport Intelligence (this week?) which confirms the VDA/ADB joint venture and, if I recall, the end of the AFHL deal.

Here you go!!

Air Cargo News 12May06

Air Foyle Heavylifts future in the balance as Antonov take control.

Antonov Airlines could be set to end the partnership with UK-based Air Foyle Heavylift, leaving the company with no major client and its future in grave doubt, writes Stan Elston.

Letters have been sent out by Antonov Airlines to suppliers and agents to the effect that as of 1 June this year, all invoices relating to the company’s aircraft must be sent to the Kiev headquarters for settlement and not to the British management company Air Foyle Heavylift.
Graham Pierce, commercial director for Air Foyle Heavylift, told Air Cargo News: “We are still having ongoing discussions with Antonov as to the future going forward.”

Several suppliers have confirmed that they have received notification of the new arrangement by letter.

Quite how Antonov Airlines is to conduct its future sales as and marketing business is unclear as its internal sales force is at present small.

Industry sources have stated that they believe Antonov Airlines and Volga-Dnepr could be formulating plans for closer cooperation on the marketing side – as Volga Dnepr has its own marketing division. A source also states that this could possibly eventually lead to operations as a single entity.

Currently both airlines fleets are involved as a partnership in providing military airlift for NATO having signed the lucrative SALIS contract.

Tony Buckingham, managing director of Volga-Dnepr, denied any suggestion that the two airlines were in discussion regarding a merger. “ For a start US anti-trust laws would make such a proposal unfeasible,” he said.

All three major An-124 operators, Volga-Dnepr, Polet and Antonov Airlines, have stated the need to restart An-124 production to meet future demand in the outsize cargo market.

Kalium Chloride
12th Jul 2006, 14:41
Nope - this is the one I meant (won't post it all):

Volga-Dnepr joins forces with Antonov as Air Foyle pact ends
David Kaminski-Morrow, London (10Jul06, 18:02 GMT, 432 words)

Russian outsize freight operator Volga-Dnepr is forging a marketing partnership with Antonov Airlines, after the break-up of Antonov’s pact with the UK’s Air Foyle HeavyLift.

To be known as Ruslan International – after the name associated with the Antonov An-124 freighter, used by both carriers – the venture will jointly market the capabilities of the two sides’ fleets, and aims to improve particularly the service offered to the ad hoc market.

Ruslan International will also enable Volga-Dnepr and Antonov Airlines to benefit from a joint spares pool, as well as shared loading equipment, and to combine forces to drive forward a planned restart of An-124 production...

VP8
13th Jul 2006, 07:27
Kalium

Just seen that one......

VEEPS