PDA

View Full Version : Conditions at JetX, Reykjavik, Iceland ?

caruso
7th Jul 2006, 09:47
Being a 737 Driver with Austrian out of Vienna, our company has offered us a 6 months lease out to JetX in Iceland. While the salary (including bonuses) will still be paid by "Mother" Austrian, we would work under JetX FTL´s and rostering patterns.

As I do not know anything about JetX, can somebody fill me in on the conditions out there - rostering patterns, company climate, internal relationship among emplyees, safety attitude, procedures, general "mood". The usual stuff, that makes the differnce between pain & pleasure ...

Thank´s folks!

Mad Dog2
8th Jul 2006, 11:18
Conditions with JetX:

It used to be a excellent company. Now since the new young Flight Operations Manager is in charge it´s not so nice any more... This is not just a pilots opinion but also Cabin Crew is starting to get anoid with this guy. He wants to control everything around company...Rosters, cabin crew, procedures, recruiting, training etc etc... OK, I know that he is suppose to control everything but he´s getting involved just a bit too much...

Rosters used to be nice... Lot of flying and lot of free time to commute...Now it´s lot of flying and lot of stand by´s and less free time. There is sometimes 2-3 crews on a stand by/day/plane even the planes are flying... So the stand by´s are killing the mood at the moment...

Safety attitude is very high. Company procedures are from major international airline and company is very safety orientated.

Other wise the company is good...The pilots and cabin crew are
good people and they come along good together.

Your company (Austrian) is coming to start our B737 operations. There will be lot of flights with that plane mainly to Canary Islands but there is also nice destinations like Cuba and Jamaica. But if the rostering for you is done by our company you won´t see too much your family. You´re flying almost maximum hours (100hrs/28 days) and then rest of the month is on a stand by in Reykjavik.