PDA

View Full Version : Is etihad recruiting cabin crew theses days at all?

aaaxe
7th Jul 2006, 05:17
hi Guys
I have not seen etihad posting any interview adds these days,very quiet.
Do they have enough cabin crew or how?

if any one has any updated information please let me know.

thanks

EYCC
7th Jul 2006, 07:08
Yes EY stopped to recruit cabin crew until end of the year.

Very soon we are not going to fly with 11 cabin crew (full complement) any more EY wants to save money. Don't be surprised if GUYS we fly with only 8 crews. like our neighbours of GULF AIR.

It's gonna be very nice and funny on board.

flyboy2002
7th Jul 2006, 08:58
:rolleyes: So how is everybody going there in the U.A.E airline ETIHAD!!!! I see nothing has changed for our cabin managers or Cabin crew!!! Why oh Why do you let them do what they do? You all only have you to blame.... Yes I do believe, when you say things about the management, (Well the so called managment) The sooner they get a job they can do well, the better off the rest of you will be!!! Till then NOTHING will change.:ouch: For you that keep asking about empolyment there, we strongly surgest if you can do or try something else, please do so!! This company HAS NO idia how to treat people.

This company needs a strong and willing person to work for everybodys behalf, not just one side!! Secton Head and manager, really need to move a side and give the rains to somebody who cares. :=

Anyway take care everybody, and best of luck to all.......:ok:

FLYBOY2002

jan brady
18th Jul 2006, 08:31
Ha Ha, i agree with fly boy, but really, a lot of the moronic management have either been moved to other areas, like training,or just sacked,so its probably just as good a time as any to join and go and have look around the world and have a bit of fun, and then gat away as fast as possible!!:eek:

Rambocrew
18th Jul 2006, 10:12
gtwillis: I have to say...they should give crew proper trainning regarding of safety and security check!!! FIRST before thinking about service on board.

:ugh:

They stop recruitment cause now they have no accom. and overload of crew.

skyhigh72
23rd Jul 2006, 11:13
I agree with RamboCrew. It is scary if you have joined EY from a reputable airline. In an evacuation...save yourself as 80% would not know what to do. I agree safety should be a priority before service is pushed and proper well experienced, trained supervisors observing should be in place not the Monkeys doing it now. The "new" guy does not know his priorities and keeps changing things from one end to the other and then backwards. It seems he has no idea what to do and is controled by the Master at HR.
Recently a passenger asked what language the cabin crew training is conducted in and when answered that all training is in english, he was shocked and commented that he has tried to speak to 2 crew onboard who have bellow minimum knowledge and it was sad to hear the english announcements done by a Chech Cabin Manager who should go back to school. So..... so much other work to be done before service.

sweetcherry
4th Aug 2006, 20:54
I am so flustrated about Etihad way of conatcting people already recruited... Or they call to say hold..or they just wont call at all...
are they going to tell us even if we are going or not? its more then 2 months from interwiew and nothing nothinhg nothin..I just heard that they have only one group in training in month...that way we will wait till next fall:) Please anyone who has any idea if its worth to wait pls tell me. I thoink i will passs.

EYCC
5th Aug 2006, 10:07
they stopped to recruit cabin crew until the end of the year.

It's true, only one batch per month due to cost control, no accomodation available and all hotels are full.

Be aware that some crew already resigned and going to EK (better salary and allowances).

the new crew at EY will get 2500 dihrams basic salary for the first 6 month compare to EK (3640 dihrams).:ugh:

And no allowances at all, you spend your salary on lay overs like 9 days Brussels/Toronto, 4 days Geneva.

For EK you get 55 pounds for 24 hours in London, 180 dollars in Seoul,
95 euros Paris. :mad:

skyhigh72
6th Aug 2006, 13:54
Take a bank loan and come join us

RoyHudd
6th Aug 2006, 21:33
Ey ...........................dodgy As Hell!!

sebby
7th Aug 2006, 06:56
JESUS!

I cant believe what I am reading... that is very dissappointing to hear, but not surprising.

You guys need to take a stand, EY shouldnt be expanding in the way they are in this state!

milehiguy
2nd Sep 2006, 05:42
WHO Wants to come and work for EY?:} Who is that CRAZY? The crew here are running away day by day!! They take a large loan from the bank and run back home! But I do understand why! If you don't pay the crew well for the job they do ........ Well they wont be doing job they are supose to do! Show us more money EY!!:rolleyes: Happy crew happy guests!!:D

skyhigh72
2nd Sep 2006, 08:30
With Mr.B…. , the French Manager we have not seen anything at all. Only empty promises and cheap talk. We have not seen the money. We have not seen any positive changes. No money. No sign of the “NEW” structure in the cabin crew department. New, positive, experienced people were going to come flying with us as management…where are they ???
Crew is departing all the time. They come, see that there is no money and that all they have been told at recruitment is not true. They see the poor management of the crew and they turn extremely negative and go. It is really a crazy place to be!!!!

aaaxe
2nd Sep 2006, 08:47
hi sky
may i ask you if u work in y class ?how long u have been working for EY?
how much is ur average salary for last 5 month?
If less than 6 month and ur average is 4500-4800 dh
and if la year with EY and ur average is up to 5000 dh
thats the standard in ME airlines unless u go to EK.But not all of us are good enough to be there or if we were,they wouldnt be able to hire all.
EY is new, it will take another 3 years for the airline to come to place, dont expect any thing sooner at all.believe me.

milehiguy
3rd Sep 2006, 14:19
It is a total different story when you work for this place! We do layovers and have to convert Dirhams into Euro's, Pounds , Canadian dollars!! We have not much left at the end of the month!! Emirates gets out allot more then us! A basic of Dhs3700 and then Dhs49 per flying hour + they get the allowenses paid on arrival to the hotel on layovers! On LHR flights they get paid +/- £55 per day!!

We are the "NATIONAL AIRLINE OF THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES" And I feel we sould also be looked after like Emirates look after their crew!!!:sad:

EYtruth
3rd Sep 2006, 19:38
Aaaxe,
don't even think of joining EY, believe me, it's not worth the energy and nerves that u might spend here ...
After all the decision is only yours.

As for the english language, guys, u wouldn't believe what crew we have! Some of them can't tell the simple sentence, not to mention serious communication with the passengers!!! And we all had english test on assesment day which wasn't very easy. That makes me wonder how they passed the test after all? :sad:

So,
For those who still think EY is good choice, all the best guys :)
For the rest, choose another airline.
For us here, warn others, so they don't make the same mistake as we did :ugh:

milehiguy
4th Sep 2006, 08:01
I agree with EYtruth!! We sit here day by day hoping that it will get better here but it is only getting worse!! All the Guys have to move now!! Into and old building together!! They are kicking the girs out of there apartments and moving all the guys into this old building!! The beds are old and used and they do not even clean the apartments when the girs move out!! :yuk: I think I will be leaving before the end of the year!!!:)

skyhigh72
4th Sep 2006, 12:57
Things are going from bad to extremely bad day by day.
The “NEW” management is not doing anything for us. Only empty promises.
The French Guy should start doing something “good” for a change as it seems the “changes” he has been talking about are never coming.
As EYtruth said, we’ve made the mistake and will have to find ways to fix it but warn others to stay as far away as possible from EY.
WE at EY have to find some drastic measures in order to force management to change things.

2cute4economy
5th Sep 2006, 06:39
Dear all, EVERYONE!!!!!!!
i really havent done enough to contribute to world peace or society in general, but, if i ever say one thing that is meant to save others from pain, anguish and despair, and even if i only save one person, but ETIHAD should be called ****IHAD! Please, believe me, they are not ok, not same same, not even slightly reasonable. I really dont have the energy to say too much, when i think off etihad it reminds me of rape scenes from horror movies, so i try not to dwell on it too much, but anyway, back to my benevolent contribution to the world. If you only believe one thing this lifetime, believe me you DO NOT want to waist your time with ETIHAD. I have left and am flying for a real airline now, but the more i think about them the more i realise how absolutely ABUSIVE they were. Hoe absolutely UNSAFE they were and I BEG you to reconsider your interest in ETIHAD. If you try them and are are "successfull" you will one day wish you had listened to me. I know how desperate we can all get for our flying jobs these days and believe me i understand how some will try ANYTHING, but what ever you do, LOOK ELSEWHERE, WHATEVER YOU DO LOOK ELSEWHERE!:ok:

skyhigh72
5th Sep 2006, 08:34
It is sad to hear what Etihad has done to people’s life and it is sad to know that it is still the same and all of it is still going on. We are all losing faith and a lot of us have lost it already. It is so sad to hear that people, including CM-Cabin Managers are planning to exit the company all at the same time without even giving a notice.
Etihad and it’s management has failed us all !!!

milehiguy
6th Sep 2006, 15:52
How can we as crew force Etihad to start listening to us? We have to be able to stand together some way or the other!!:oh: Any Ideas Anyone?:}

skyhigh72
6th Sep 2006, 16:41
There are many ways to make them listen but should not have to go to drastic measures to do so. I know we are treated as big ZEROS. A lot of Crew has no idea what is even going on within our company and or our crew management.
Yes, let’s see what ideas everyone can come up with ???

milehiguy
8th Sep 2006, 17:17
Come on people ...... Give us some ideas...... We are already just doing the minimum onboard the aircraft! No crewmember wants to go the extra mile!!.....:ugh: We need some help here!!:sad: