View Full Version : Digital.....

goathead
6th Jul 2006, 09:47
DIGITAL MANUALS ARE HERE , MY BOOKS ARE GONE.......... WHERES MY COMPANY PROVIDED COMPUTER TO DOWNLOAD THEM ?
THIS IS BECOMING INCREASINGLY :ugh:
ANYONE ELSE FEEL THE SAME ?
:ok:

Night Watch
6th Jul 2006, 11:13
If you don't have a computer.... how the hell did you access PPRuNe? Let alone type out a post for a new thread? Internet cafe maybe, or the computers at work?

I'm certainly not a company man.... there are a lot of IMPORTANT things that concern me, such as DEFOs (P) and age 60. I'm just a little sick of people complaining just for the sake of it!

Sqwak7700
8th Jul 2006, 06:03
WHERES MY COMPANY PROVIDED COMPUTER TO DOWNLOAD THEM ?
THIS IS BECOMING INCREASINGLY :ugh:
ANYONE ELSE FEEL THE SAME ?
:ok:[/QUOTE]

Well, I feel your pain, but as someone has already said, there are more important things than bitching about a company provided computer.

In this day and age, a computer is just as common as a telephone or a refrigerator. The compnay also expects you to answer the phone from time to time and eat food so that you can sustain life, yet they didn't furnish you with these appliances either. :rolleyes:

flyingkiwi
8th Jul 2006, 06:46
my beef is when on a upgrade course and want to study while on a layover how are we supposed to study. esp when 11 cabin crew are competing for the 1 hotel computer.

spannersatcx
8th Jul 2006, 10:24
There's plenty in the training school, that's where I go, and it's quieter!

Baywatcher
8th Jul 2006, 11:10
The answer is take your lap top with you and pay for a connection in your room. Come on, don't you get paid enough?

404 Titan
8th Jul 2006, 12:50
Baywatcher

That’s assuming you have a laptop. I only have a desktop because quite frankly I can’t justify the expense of a laptop. It’s the bean counter coming out in me.:8 BTW not all the hotels we stay at have in room internet connections so therefore one would be compelled to using the company supplied computer/s in the crew lounges. Something I do frequently as all I am usually doing is checking my e-mail and it is free.

Do I get paid enough? According to my wife I don’t.;)

Flying Bagel
9th Jul 2006, 00:46
Well, no, if you have a laptop, you download all the manuals onto your hard drive, and study from there. No need for an internet connection at the hotel, just at your home. I must admit it is much more convenient than bringing only one FCOM with me everytime I need to study at an outport.

Although I have heard of S/O's bringing a whole suitcase of FCOM's with them before... :8

(Doing the tech quiz is also a lot easier. Acrobat does wonders.)

So not all is lost...I reckon it's just a difference of what you prefer. Screen or paper?

404 Titan
9th Jul 2006, 07:52
Flying Bagel

I think you may have missed the point. I think we are all very familiar with the manuals we can load on our computers in PDF format for all the fleets at CX. What we are talking about here is the new interactive manuals on the B777 & B744 fleet and later this year the Airbus. Once they are completely in place you will need an internet connection as they aren’t downloadable as far as I am aware and PDF manuals will be phased out.

Truckmasters
9th Jul 2006, 12:50
The new interactive HTML versions are most certainly downloadable to your hard drive to use when offline. Also at this stage it would appear that the PDF versions are be retained however they are tail specific as opposed to the generalised fleet HTML versions.