PDA

View Full Version : Heard anything about this? Possible fake DJ flightie?

SkySista
6th Jul 2006, 07:56
Saw this article about the arrest of con-woman Jodie Harris in Sydney. The article mentioned police finding a Virgin Blue uniform in a unit recently left by her... seems to imply they think she used it... obviously one would need an ASIC and so forth... but...

theoretically speaking, for someone who has managed to con bank staff etc, how easy would it be for someone like her to get, say, a temporary ID by saying her card was lost? Would they check the number of the 'lost' card - I'm guessing if so then someone would twig right away when unable to give a matching name and ASIC number...

Anyone heard any comment from DJ about this?

Article: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=111636

She has been accused of fooling victims into believing she is a doctor, a businesswoman, and the niece of slain underworld figure Mario Condello.

She also is accused of having infiltrated an airline.

Police say they seized a Virgin Blue flight attendant's uniform and name tag during a raid on a unit she recently used.

Shitsu_Tonka
6th Jul 2006, 08:01
Possibly related to this story the 7.30 report ran about a month ago:

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2006/s1657924.htm

MARY GEARIN: But this time Leah's instincts didn't protect her. The Melbourne-based flight attendant is reluctant to reveal her surname as an experience of another of Jodie Harris's victims. She sat next to the woman who introduced herself as a psychologist on a flight from Melbourne to Brisbane on her way to a much-anticipated holiday cruise. But Leah left her handbag under her seat for some crucial minutes while she went to the toilet. Again, with just the stolen driver's licence, the suspected con woman was able to persuade ANZ tellers she was Leah and gained access to her accounts, even repeatedly changing her password...

Got to feel for the poor copper who has got wrapped up in it though:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/police-officer-link-to-conwoman/2006/07/04/1151778937178.html

Lord Snot
6th Jul 2006, 23:23
Why would anyone feel the need to impersonate a VB trolley-wench......??? :confused: :confused: What possible benefit could there be?

It's fairly obvious this chick's boyfriend had a thing about girls in "uniform" and enjoyed getting his freak on with her playing the role of a skanky, half-undressed VB hostitute.

And why not....? Let them have their fun and stop making a federal case out of it.

J430
6th Jul 2006, 23:50
Dear Mr Snot,

With a user name like that you must have a grand sense of humor, however your last post while almost funny, I feel is rather rude and derogatory towards not only the VB hostie's (and we are referring to the women here), but it also smears the rest of the cabin crew from all operators.:=

A bit more respect is probably due to them wouldn't you agree. Maybe you were inferring the conwoman in this case was skanky.....but it is reading quite differently to me and I dare say most other readers as well.

BTW....I am male, hetrosexual (a bit homophobic ) and do not work for any airline so I am defending the ladies of the sky with an unbiased viewpoint.

Have a great Day!!

J:ok:

Lord Snot
6th Jul 2006, 23:58
Vagaries of the English language...

It is not my intention to infer your average VB hosty is skanky. I am suggesting this con-woman might enjoy dressing up as a skank who happens to be employed as a hosty (of VB persuasion) in order to attempt to satisfy her boyfriend's twisted perversions and that this could be the reason for stealing a VB hosty's uniform.

I mean, could you really see anyone going out of her way to dress up as a VB hosty, sneak aboard and do 6 sectors of face-painting, hiding in overhead lockers, ridiculing businessmen on the PA, pulling faces, mincing, and generally acting the fool......??? (Without even a free crew meal for your trouble :rolleyes: )

sweetpollypurebred
7th Jul 2006, 00:21
What? just another lonely night belting yourself into oblivion infront of your computer Lord snot!

tobzalp
7th Jul 2006, 00:24
Sounds like fun.

SkySista
7th Jul 2006, 01:57
Lord Snot, I was thinking more along the lines of the uniform being used for its inherent 'honesty/trust' factor - a la Frank Abagnale and his pilots' uniform.... being a hostie (or airline crew of any sort) has an implied level of respsonsibility with it - having to pass security checks etc... to the average person (say, a bank teller) who doesn't know about issue of ASICs etc... the uniform may possibly have given the last bit of 'credibility' to the conwoman's cover of being a responsible working person - think about how you perceive people in uniform (say, a copper - clean thoughts please :E) you'd probably trust them a lot more than if they were in civvies - human nature isn't it??

Maybe this was the reason for her possession of the uniform? Just a thought.

And if that's your attitude to hosties, may your coffee always be cold and your call bell broken :E (Understand you may have meant just Ms Harris as being 'skanky' or whatever but it still implies a lot about my colleagues!!!)

turnarounds
7th Jul 2006, 02:12
Frank Abagnale's book 'Catch me if you can' I am sure inspired a lot of would be con men / women / persons??

Every one should read his other less famous book 'The Art of the Steal', sound like this was the Jodie Harris Ops Manual.

Eagleman
7th Jul 2006, 03:04
Having seen the rogue on TV, I would sincerely doubt that she could pass herself off as a VBette without a lot of Jenny Craig and bleach!!:yuk:

Howard Hughes
7th Jul 2006, 03:07
You might be surprised Eagleman...;)

Chris Higgins
7th Jul 2006, 03:24
Sounds like fun.

Being with a skank, or beating yourself up in front of a computer?

Buster Hyman
7th Jul 2006, 03:52
Possible fake DJ flightie?

Just the one?:hmm:

alidad
7th Jul 2006, 13:35
One casual look at it would suggest that she may be able to pass herself off as a QF mainline F/A (with a LOT of years seniority under her belt...) however I find it highly unlikely that VB would employ something so delectable....:hmm:

Shitsu_Tonka
7th Jul 2006, 13:52
Is this the place where you promote the worldy mature outlook of the male professional pilot?

If so, a lot of you are failing miserably.

Grow up a bit and you might even get to have sex with someone apart from yourself one day.