PDA

View Full Version : Insurance letter re: C206 that crashed with Skydivers onboard

Squawk7700
6th Jul 2006, 04:47
Hi,

I recently received a letter which was supposedly part written by the pilot of the C206 that crashed recently killing 5? on the parachuting run.

Amongst other things it talked about how he thought he was safe, but is now being sued by relatives of the deceased for some type of nervous disorder and goes on to talk about how if he had taken out a particular type of insurance, he would have been safe and how to call a number for advice on making yourself unattractive for litigation.

My question is has anyone else received this letter with an aircraft registered in their name? I'm trying to work out if it's just spam from the aircraft register or whether someone I know is continuing to send me letters as a contination of a personal vendetta from some time ago?

Thanks.

Squarker.

Cinders
6th Jul 2006, 05:00
If it's the Willowbank 206, its spam. He's dead.

maui
6th Jul 2006, 05:07
Squawk 7700

If it is of any help.

No I did not recieve a letter and:
No I did not recieve an aircraft either.

A question for you. Was the aircraft delivered with the letter, or did they leave that at a convenient airport?

I always miss out!

Maui

Squawk7700
6th Jul 2006, 05:07
Oh, forgive my short term memory then, I thought the pilot survived that crash into the dam.

If it is spam then you'd think that they would use a valid story. Surely it's a legitimate insurance company, but then again they have used a fraudulent story to attract customers...

Squawk7700
6th Jul 2006, 05:22
Very clever Maui, very clever. I am impressed.

Maui quotes squarker:

"My question is has anyone else received this letter with an aircraft registered in their name?"

185skywagon
6th Jul 2006, 05:56
Squawk 7700,

I recieved this letter (the second one) the other day. It purported to be from Brian S*******, who was one of the survivors of the Willowbank accident.
He appears to suggest that a Dean A****** could solve miriad litigation headaches etc.
Both letters were made to look as though they were personally written. Very clever use of fonts on the front of the envelope. There was a Post-it note in the first one, also made to look as though it was hand written.
I also received letters from this person last year.

I have asked my insurance company about these letters. They suggested that one should not get involved with this outfit.

Squawk7700
6th Jul 2006, 06:01
Oh really, I received the original one then too. It was a newspaper article, one about a conference on liability and had bits highlighted by hand and in very neat writing said "Dear Squawk (insert real name here), thought you might be interested in this. Regards, J."

Interesting - I thought it was from a different source given a recent event that happened within an organisation of which I am influential.

Lucky I didn't go confronting whom I thought it was then!

Icarus2001
6th Jul 2006, 07:23
how to call a number for advice on making yourself unattractive for litigation.
Well I would have thought being a busted arse GA pilot driving a 1974 Datsun 180 B and living on two minute noodles would make one "unattractive for litigation".
However, revealling that you have a nice fat insurance policy behind you would make you ripe for the picking.
Something about not being able to get blood from a stone...:ugh:
Perhaps contact these people... http://app01.ica.com.au/

bushy
6th Jul 2006, 07:52
I got that letter too.

And I agree. The more insurance you have, the more likely you are to get sued.
Insurance companies love to frighten people.

You buy insurance when you have realistically assessd that you can't afford not to.

Blue Sky Baron
6th Jul 2006, 12:39
Received the letter from the "206 driver" and I believe its not insurance related, but more along the lines of asset protection measures.
Seems like it has been sent to aircraft owners, but maybe only to "commercial" type aircraft, by that I mean twins or high powered singles, the type most likely used for pax flights. (Just my observation) :ugh:

The other letter from "J", well I've received a few of them over the years but the've hit the bin before the envelope they came in.:=

Regards,
BSB :ok: