PDA

View Full Version : First Choice Applications go online.

BoeingBoy
5th Jul 2006, 20:36
Those of you looking to apply for positions as pilots with FCA may care to note that our Pilot Manager has notified us that applications for next year will only be accepted online from today.

Please visit the following site. First Choice Airways Pilot application (http://www.firstchoice4jobs.co.uk/fe/tpl_firstchoice01.asp?s=ClNkQVsFdUGlIiUda&jobid=22809,8733526947&key=2991198&c=836062561521&pagestamp=seinicvldznivdqsti)

If you have a friend in the airline that may wish to recommend you then you may specify their name in the online application.

(Please do not PM me for further information or a recommendation!!)

Trainee pilot
6th Jul 2006, 11:01
Check out www.britishpilots.co.uk for a link to them.............

Nearly Man
6th Jul 2006, 14:16
Don't tell everyone or they'll all want to join :}

Jet2
6th Jul 2006, 15:32
Anyone know what their selection process is like? Previous searches suggest it's just an interview but the website refers to a selection day.

dreamingA380
6th Jul 2006, 15:37
Nice one BoeingBoy..... the application has been filled.

haughtney1
6th Jul 2006, 15:43
Don't tell everyone or they'll all want to join :}

I didnt..I only told you;)

30W
6th Jul 2006, 19:08
Anyone know what their selection process is like? Previous searches suggest it's just an interview but the website refers to a selection day.

It was always a standard interview - and we've always done well with recruits from it. Non pilot managers have got hold of more and more now, so it's possible the interview has been expanded to include other tasks.......

Nearly Man
6th Jul 2006, 19:59
I can juggle and build things out of Lego!
If it's silly tests I'm doomed :confused:

Bad Robot
6th Jul 2006, 20:39
I got given two bits of string and a bubble gum wrapper once and was told to build the Forth Bridge!!

BR

Agent Oringe
7th Jul 2006, 15:21
Recent Info from a reliable source indicates that the Interview is still in the Traditional style, ie, no Silly games with Lego Sets or Psycho tests etc.
Gets my vote, application filed.

All in all, things look quite promising now.

Nearly Man
7th Jul 2006, 15:54
I think the CTC chappy is working out his notice at CTC. When he gets to First Choice it may change, who knows?
Various forms of goose stepping and finding routes over shark infested pools etc but if it's normal for now then as Agent said, gets my vote too!

fade to grey
8th Jul 2006, 17:19
Hello,
Well,well nearly man I am surprised -are you thinking of moving from your new employers so soon ...?

I thought you were blowing sunshine up their a@se a month or two ago on here ?

Is the reality different then ?;)

endofeng
10th Jul 2006, 12:11
Anyone have any news, heard from FCA yet??????????

endofeng

randomair
10th Jul 2006, 13:17
Are you required to attach a CV??

thanks randomair

ToneTheWone
10th Jul 2006, 14:57
Yes you are. It won't let you submit it unless you do.

ToneTheWone:ok:

Sorry that should be Attach - finger trouble!

Frantic
11th Jul 2006, 08:56
thats strange, maybe i mis-understood the application form. That no cv's will be accepted. The upload said that it was for another type of job application.Why send a cv, when you have filled all that form online??!! Well i should not, fill these forms in after a very long day!!
:ugh:

PGA
11th Jul 2006, 10:39
I didn`t attach a cv, it doesnt say anywhere you actually have to, did send mine away tho

RMC
11th Jul 2006, 21:27
So what are they like to work for? Any inside info much appreciated.

endofeng
12th Jul 2006, 07:46
Anyone had a call yet????, or know what format of recruitment they are looking at, ie assessment day, the usual physco tests or the good old fashioned interview to see if you are the sort of person whom they would like to sit next to for 10hrs.......???????????

I presume they need to get the recruitment done pretty quick as most of us have a 3 month notice period to serve out! Training Oct/Nov????

Anyone?

endofeng

Nimrod615
12th Jul 2006, 13:58
I don't have the min req hours but they say I could be considered. However the online app wont let you progress from the 'How many hours ya got page'

...any clues?

pushapproved
12th Jul 2006, 19:45
The recruitment all seems to be handled online. If you are lucky enough to progress to the next stage you will receive an e-mail and then be able to select dates and times yourselves on the internet.

Before anyone asks, no I haven't had an e-mail, only just submitted the application!

Good luck to all :ok:

Kinetic
13th Jul 2006, 23:29
Just submitted as well, does anyone else of you have pilot friends in FCA?? believe that helps quite a bit.

Nearly Man
14th Jul 2006, 00:44
How dare you Fade to Gray, sorry Capt!
I did send you congrats note but got wrong Grey :confused:
You must like Africaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

I'd never blow things up airline's bums! Just wanna get back down south :}

30W
14th Jul 2006, 07:52
The recruitment all seems to be handled online. If you are lucky enough to progress to the next stage you will receive an e-mail and then be able to select dates and times yourselves on the internet.

Yes, this is the first year FCA have used this method. It will hopefully save a lot of admin time in the background, as well as many phone calls. Plan is that those selected for interview will have a much more 'user' friendly option of selecting their own interview date/time from the days offered. By letting the applicant have some choice over the issue, it should at least mean less stress if unable to escape a current work duty, or happen to be on holiday one week for example.

Just submitted as well, does anyone else of you have pilot friends in FCA?? believe that helps quite a bit.

As long as your experience level is considered suitable, it should at least mean you get an interview. From that point on it's up to you! There is no guantee, as some found out this year - if you want the job, ultimately you have to go and get it - you won't be offered a position just on the basis you know somebody.

Internal communication on this indicates that FCA had received about 250 applications in the first couple of days of the process being 'live'.

30W

endofeng
14th Jul 2006, 08:34
Anyone been contacted yet???????

Kinetic
14th Jul 2006, 10:28
Internal communication on this indicates that FCA had received about 250 applications in the first couple of days of the process being 'live'.

so with 20ish vacancies available we are currently on about a 1 in 12 chance and counting.

Oh well good luck to all, advise if anything heard.

endofeng
18th Jul 2006, 07:46
Anyone had an invite yet???

I heard a VERY low houred chap whom bought himself (well mummy and daddy did anyway) a 757 rating was interviewed last week!:ugh:

--------------
endofeng

30W
18th Jul 2006, 08:11
Good rumour endofeng! Not true though, there have been no interviews yet.

As of lunchtime yesterday there had been 415 on-line applications. Later this week will see the start of the process to shortlist candidates for interview.

Interviews are planned through August, with first courses probably starting November.

30W

30W
18th Jul 2006, 18:56
epsilonmiuraised,

I believe the FO/SFO swop occurs at 1000hrs regardless of what type rating you have. Just because you already have a 757 rating doesn't necessarily make you a more 'experienced' pilot......... or at least that must be the logic.

As with previous years I'm sure recruitment will be broadspread across all experience and age brackets, depending on the applicants of course. With in excess of 400 to choose from, I don't suspect it will be a difficult task......

Capt's Little Helper
18th Jul 2006, 19:34
The criteria agreed with the CC that must be met prior to transferring to the SFO salary scale are as follows:
*Full ATPL
AND *500hrs on jet aircraft or 1000hrs on turboprop aircraft
OR *7 years as a military pilot

Hope this helps,
CLH

Dan 98
18th Jul 2006, 19:56
Hi All,
Are all you guys/girls experienced high hours etc.... I applied the day the application came online, I fall into the 230hrs and was hoping the bit in brackets on what they wanted ( exceptional pilots with lower hours may be considered) !!! Think i probably wasted 3 hours filling it in, or are any of you low houred? It goes without saying i have heard nothing so far, and probably have 2 hopes, one of which is called Bob. Or does anyone know whether they will actually look at low houred. I'm guessing if they get enough qualified people reply the answer is no. Good luck to all though.
Dan

fade to grey
19th Jul 2006, 10:14
Nearly man,

sorry to offend - i thought living up north you would be able to afford a castle (with a moat) !

don't congratulate me yet -still trying to get the thing to go in a straight line on the ground -d'oh!

yes, Africa is great i am starting to go a bit native and considering changing my name to 'colonel kurtz'

30W
20th Jul 2006, 07:09
epsilonmiuraised,

Yes I see your argument, but think it can be equally turned round 'the other way'. Although taking 'low houred' pilots, historically FCA takes only a handful each season, perhaps one course worth. There tends to be no real shortage of experienced turboprop pilots, F/O's and Capts wishing to join from 146 operators etc. These with full ATPL's and several years experience behind them. FCA could fill ALL course places with such pilots quite happily, but chooses to recruit from a wide spectrum, including a few less experienced guys.

I think each applicant has to consider their own reasons for applying. Do they want a move which they believe offers them a better career and future, or are they just after more money. With the number of applications each time I don't think FCA will have any trouble filling it's positions, do you?

Bottom line is, does the applicant really want the job or not. Full ATPL status is never too far away, and the higher pay scale achieved for those low houred, type rated guys. If not, there's plenty who will......and they might even be type rated!

30W

Capt's Little Helper
20th Jul 2006, 07:39
If you were really interested in working for FCA you'd apply and, if offered the job, work your backside off next summer, do max hours, offer to swap your STBYs for everyone's night PFOs, LCAs, DLMs etc, and get that ATPL and the 13k payrise.

It's not rocket science really!

Best of luck.

endofeng
20th Jul 2006, 07:52
30W & CLH,

Well said, I have applied to FCA for a career, not a quick hour building job!
I have 1200hrs total, 1000turbo prop, and if lucky enough to get a job with FCA would certainley 'work my butt off' to attain my full ATPL....

Its good to hear that they will look at all levels of experience, just hope I'm one of the lucky ones!

Best of Luck:ok:

endofeng

Lembrado
20th Jul 2006, 07:55
Morning,

Few questions if I may:

Is flying the 767 based on seniority?

I would like to be based at GLA, is it a popular base and how likely would it be to get if requested?

Cheers. L.

Capt's Little Helper
20th Jul 2006, 08:00
767 is pretty much based on seniority. AFAIK you need two years/summer seasons on the 757 before you are put on the 767.
I don't know too much about GLA except that there are at least two FOs on the bid list waiting to go up there.

Kinetic
20th Jul 2006, 08:08
epsilonmiuraised,

I am one of the masses who have applied and I have 1500+ jet time for a well known co. For me, if I am one of the fortunate minority and get through I will be on your coveted SFO paytier. That paytier is a net income monthly drop for me in the region of £500+ (benefits asides). as 30W reiterated you have to look at what are the most important aspects to you as a professional pilot. Is it purely money? or is it a long term structured career path?. is it the short term? or the long term?. It is a balancing act and each person has their own reasons and motivations. if it was money or short term for me, I would stay where I am. Good luck to you epsilonmiuraised as you draw your own conclusions, and just one question to you if I may. All those years when we were outside aviation desperate to do the job, was it ever only about the money?

Lembrado
20th Jul 2006, 08:09
C'sLH,

Thanks mate.

L.

Kinetic
20th Jul 2006, 08:57
yeah you're right EP, touche.... a wise old skip once said to me, pilots all fall into one of 2 categories, those in it purely for money and those in it more for lifestyle. I guess we fall in the same camp. Of course money is an important factor, though a slightly secondary one for me. That said FCA's payscales and benefits seem very competitive against other UK charters. You may as well apply EP you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. there are going to be a lot of us who :ugh: or end up :{ but you maybe one of the :p . Good luck to everyone :ok:

Pizzaro
22nd Jul 2006, 11:33
Anyone heard anything yet?

EPRman
22nd Jul 2006, 12:01
I believe interview dates have been set, so those shortlisted should be contacted in due course to select their preference.
For those put off by the F/O salary as opposed to the SF/O salary think long term and appreciate that as you get older and wiser(?) benefits First Choice offer like the Company pension scheme, private medical cover(your family also covered for a very reasonable premium), permanent health insurance(full salary paid for six months then 75% paid after six months illness,to retirement age if necessary),share option scheme and so on become very important. Personally I feel these far outweigh the perceived 'hit' some may take for three years.

pushapproved
22nd Jul 2006, 17:19
I had a 'No Thank You' e-mail a couple of days ago so if you haven't heard it can't all be bad!

Hasher
22nd Jul 2006, 18:29
Yes I got a Thanks but no thanks letter too, just want to get out of corporate...

chadwick
22nd Jul 2006, 19:13
FCA now is not all it cracked up to be. In the good old days it was an airline that you could work for with pride and the management listened to the pilots needs.

Today, well lets say, you are a bum on a seat and your voice is unheard!

takoon
22nd Jul 2006, 19:26
that was a few years ago............it's getting better I promise :)

Eye off the ball
22nd Jul 2006, 22:10
Chadwick, That's not my experience at all and I joined recently. I gather things weren't quite so rosy a few years ago but there seems to be a concerted effort to listen to the troops at the moment and it appears to be working. Everyone I've flown with is fundamentally happy with their lot.

BTW, other perks aside (and there are quite a few) the holiday concessions can be excellent and which other airline pays 15% into your pension? As far as I know, Virgin is the only other. That is a massive perk - many other airlines are about 9%. Over a career that difference will mount up.

MrMutra
23rd Jul 2006, 09:44
Hasher

Same here just hate this life style 24-7 standby

30W
23rd Jul 2006, 14:29
Chadwick,

Having been with FCA for over 15 years now, I think you'll find in general it is quite a happy content company.

Like Eye Of The Ball says, it has had it's hard times, especially noticeable to those of us that have been there when days were so different!

Much effort has gone into changing the pilot/company relationship - and I for one think that it is working. Granted, there will always be niggles and various hassles, but big changes have occured over the last 12 months and many smaller ones are still evolving.

We have a good scheduling agreement - block window protection to all flying duties, so you don't arrive back off one flight finding your home life turned upside down - again! As previously mentioned also, the extras, which many forget to look at, add up to a very attractive overall package.

It's not perfect - which employer is? People I fly with are generally happy, and we enjoy our days/nights work with minimal hassle. Prospective joiners could do a lot worse............

30W

sundanser
23rd Jul 2006, 20:26
Got a reminder to finish my application and when I tried to get on the web-page, couldn´t log on. After a lot of fiddling and yelling at my laptop found out that the application had been canceled the very day that they send me a reminder...
Anybody else had this happen to them? Is there a way for me to finish that application?

Thanks for infos!

MrMutra
24th Jul 2006, 11:11
Last time I looked the on-line application form closed on friday 21 July 2006.

So maybe this is why you are having trouble, the web site is no longer displaying any vacancy for pilots.

Mr M

Lembrado
24th Jul 2006, 15:31
Afternoon,

Got an email this afternoon inviting me to interview - I'm delighted. This was after receiving an email last Friday saying thanks but no thanks! Found that amusing.

So to those that got the same 'thank you no' email - don't give up hope (yet).

Good luck to all.

L.

MrMutra
24th Jul 2006, 17:00
Lembrado

Very funny :D sorry but it did make me laugh,

anyway congratulations on getting an interview. Good luck

MrM

Kinetic
24th Jul 2006, 18:32
Congrats Lembrado, good on you and good luck.

Still No news, hoping that follows the cliche and is good???

Capt's Little Helper
25th Jul 2006, 00:22
You can't unfreeze your ATPL unless you do an ATPL skills test, which is effectively an LPC after you have completed all the other requirements.
See LASORS Section G for all the details.

For info, I did 460hrs in 5 months so I could unfreeze on my first OPC/LPC.
The hours are there, you just have to ask for them.

So, when you're sat trying to keep your eyes open at 0500 with 3 hrs left to run from a night Dalaman wondering why on earth you asked for all these extra flights, just think of how much it would have cost you if you'd waited another 6 months. (You also get a quiet winter!)

The same goes for all the cadet entry/CTC people out there, it's possible to do the hours in 2 years, not 3, but it helps if you don't take loads of leave!!

charger
25th Jul 2006, 12:11
Yeeehaaa!!!!

Received great news today!!!! I'm invited for the interview!!!

Hope more people got invited! good luck everybody!

C.

BoeingBoy
25th Jul 2006, 13:41
This from the company on the current state of recruitment:

As the total number of applicants for our pilot vacancies for Summer 2007 topped 500, we decided on Friday to temporarily suspend recruitment to enable us to start to process some of the applications. It is extremely encouraging to see that there are not only a number of Boeing and Airbus type rated pilots that are interested in working for our Company but also that there are a significant number of pilots being recommended by you. There is a very good mix of experience levels and we certainly expect this years standards of recruits to be at least as high as the "class of 2006". Interview dates have now been set throughout August and September and Pilot Managers from both the management and technical teams will interview the 72 or so short listed pilots that will be offered an interview to fill the 20 - 30 vacancies that we are expecting to have by the start of next Summer.

____________________________________________________________ _

And in reply to this rumour:

Question: "It appears from our recruitment information that we have lowered our experience requirement for new pilots"

Answer: As you are aware we have moved our approach to pilot recruitment this year to an "on-line" system. We have set the screening requirements at a level that would exclude pilots who lacked a certain level of experience or suitable qualification whilst allowing us to view the details of those applicants approaching the minimum requirement and currently employed by other airlines. We have also allowed potential recruits to project forward their hours to the end of the year when we are likely to actually recruit them. It is unlikely that a pilot would be successful with just the minimum requirement and we expect the standard of recruits to be at least as high as the class of 2006.

Baron buzz
25th Jul 2006, 14:55
Afternoon,

I applied right at the beginning of recruitment. It's positive to hear that some have interviews lined up already, but I alas, have heard nothing!

I have quite a few turboprop hours and certainly meet the recruitment criteria. Hopefully, no news is good news! Can anyone on the inside confirm that everyone that should have an interview has heard already? Is it just a case of everyone that is getting rejected just having to wait a while for the standard PFO email to be produced?!:ugh:

Good luck to everyone that got called up.

BB

Baron buzz
25th Jul 2006, 18:50
Evening,

Not bragging, just keeping everyone up to date. Got an email today inviting me to interview:) :) :) . Im extremely pleased and excited (not to mention quite nervous!) Not sure which interview date to choose, they go all the way through August, to the end of September. It advises me to learn about the company, so thats what ill be doing for the next month or so!!

Good luck to everyone else.....

PGA
26th Jul 2006, 08:44
Anybody else who still hasn`t heard anything? Sended the app form within 4 days of it going online.....:hmm: :hmm:

Baron buzz
26th Jul 2006, 08:54
PGA - Unless your my freind from work (!) then there are a few people that havent heard anything yet. Strangely, with the same experience level as me.

Since people have been hearing randomly across the last few days, I wouldn't give up hope just yet. I certainly dont think that they are informing people in one hit, but seems people are hearing over the course of a few days.

Hang in there.:bored:

Oh, does anyone know in what form the interview takes? I believe from some others that its a fairly relaxed chat with some technical questions (although nothing too scary) thrown in for good measure. Can anyone confirm this?

wigwag
26th Jul 2006, 09:12
Out of intertest, of those who have got an interview, what is your experience ?

Cheers

WW

:ok:

Baron buzz
26th Jul 2006, 09:15
My experience level is around the 1000 hour mark, most of which is on heavy turboprobs.

Cheers,
BB

endofeng
26th Jul 2006, 15:53
Congrats to all the guys who have had the invite, I still haven't heard either way!

Have the guys whom were unsuccessful all been informed?
----------------
endofeng

charger
26th Jul 2006, 19:04
@wigwag

1000TT 750A320

Blackcoffeenosugar
26th Jul 2006, 19:35
I had my answer last week, saying thanks but no thanks- But we'll keep you on file for 12 months, just in case. So fingers crossed! My friends that applied all have about the experience as me (About 2000Hours, 1500Hours turboprop MTOW greater than 20t) We all got the same reply.

Pizzaro
26th Jul 2006, 21:02
Not heard either way too, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Regards P.

wigwag
27th Jul 2006, 08:36
Thanks Charger very kind :)

ww

Me-Uk
27th Jul 2006, 09:08
I'm in too, and haven't heard either!!!! ohhhhhhhh dear!!!!!!!!

Tamer
28th Jul 2006, 12:26
No news for me yet. Does that mean no news is 'good' news or 'bad' news !

EGBKFLYER
28th Jul 2006, 13:27
blackcoffee - think you can treat your letter as a PFO - I got the same (400TT and no turbo/jet time!)...

straightnotlevel
28th Jul 2006, 14:47
not heard either.... 2500 hours of which 1500 turboprop. theres time yet i hope !!

G-SPOTs Lost
28th Jul 2006, 21:56
I missed the early interviews, could somebody who got the E mail on the 25th and booked a slot straight away tell me what the first available date was?

Just trying to figure how many are in front of me !!

ramjett18
29th Jul 2006, 18:27
Hi,
I got the good news on the 25th I booked my interview today 29th for Wednesday 13 Sept 1400hrs, this was the first available slot. There was a list of times and dates only from the 13 Sept onwards. I hope this helps.

R18

Baron buzz
30th Jul 2006, 11:06
Heard on the 25th also, booked my interview slot for late August. But, the first time I checked (soon after I received the good news!) the first interview slot was on the first few days of August - something like the 3rd. Cant remember exactly. When I actually booked the interview, the next day, virtually the whole of August was gone, only leaving September. Not sure what the situation is now though.

Cheers,
BB

Beeman
30th Jul 2006, 12:11
Hello ramjett18..!!
Im on the 13th of sept aswell next after you..
Warm them nicely up for me and don´t piss them off :)

ramjett18
30th Jul 2006, 15:43
Hi Beeman
I'll do my best :) good luck to you and everyone else.

R18
Hello ramjett18..!!
Im on the 13th of sept aswell next after you..
Warm them nicely up for me and don´t piss them off :)

Tubbs
1st Aug 2006, 09:38
Anyone else heard either positive / negative from FCA? The waiting is doing my head in...

devokeuk
1st Aug 2006, 10:00
Tubbs,

I have not heard anything from them either. How long do you think we should leave it before contacting them?

Knee Trembler
1st Aug 2006, 10:25
Also haven't heard anyhthing either way. Suspect they are either:

a. Cherry picking or.

b. Wading through a long list, slowly.

Hopefully, no news is good news!

KT

Pizzaro
1st Aug 2006, 12:14
Me neither, would just like to know either way, anybody contacted them regarding this?

Regards P.

SpringbokDreamer
1st Aug 2006, 22:06
Well Peolple, Just heard they're about to finalise the short listing for the interview places. Expect to see a barrage of responses below. Good luck to all involved let's make it a good clean fight, return to your corners and come out fighting :eek: I'm so nervous I could p155 := Now where did I put those old ladys throw away paper pants? :{

endofeng
2nd Aug 2006, 08:52
In the same boat (as many others by the sounds of it!), still waiting!!

Keeping everything crossed xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...

Good luck to all, hopefully this will be the start of an ongoing recruitment drive, so all may not be lost!

Is your glass half full or half empty?

-------------------
endofeng

Torycanyon
3rd Aug 2006, 14:15
E Mail From Kerry Fox today, saying that my Application is in the holding pool.
That's different??? As I thought you only went into a holding pool after the Interview. At least the Application is going in the right direction.:ok:

30W
3rd Aug 2006, 18:48
Tory,

The holding pool is for those not selected for interview at this stage. Approx 70 interviews have been offered, or are being offered, for about 20-30 places across the winter.

30W

bantermanter
3rd Aug 2006, 18:53
30w does that mean its really a PFO email or do you think they mean what they say?

30W
3rd Aug 2006, 21:43
I presume a holding pool email is exactly that. You are in a pool should they require to call any further people to interview. There have been over 500 applications, there are about 70 interviews planned for 20-30 places. I'm presuming anyone who has been issued an interview knows by now, but I could be wrong. Holding pool in case plans change (more aircraft than expected for example), and more entrants are needed.

30W

endofeng
3rd Aug 2006, 22:40
Got the same email today, Its still positive (my galss is still half full), just wonder how many people are in this application hold?

Fingers crossed for the future then, and a big good luck to all those guys whom have got an interview......

-----------------
endofeng:ok:

Pizzaro
4th Aug 2006, 07:16
Got the same email yesterday, keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

Longchop
4th Aug 2006, 17:47
im in the holding pool too.

straightnotlevel
5th Aug 2006, 09:08
gonna have to be a bloody big pool with us all in it

EPRman
5th Aug 2006, 10:58
An excerpt from our pilot newsletter 31/07/06 may clarify things.

Recruitment - Summer 2007

As you know we have decided to recruit “on line” this year using our website -
www.firstchoice4jobs.co.uk. Recruitment for our Summer 2007 vacancies went live on 5 July and, by the end of the first week, we were overwhelmed with applications. As we topped 500, we temporarily suspended recruitment on 21 July, to enable us to start to process them.
It has been extremely encouraging to see not only that many Boeing and Airbus type rated pilots are interested in working for us, but also a significant number of pilots are recommended by you. There is a very good mix of experience levels and we certainly expect this year’s standard of recruits to be at least as high as the "class of 2006".

Interview dates have now been set throughout August and September. Pilot Managers from both the management and technical teams will interview 72 or so short-listed pilots who will fill the 20 - 30 vacancies we expect to have by the start of next summer.
Could I please ask those who have recommended a pilot (this has been entered by the applicant on their on line application form) to email me your reasons for the recommendation, if you haven't already done so. We have just invited a number of type-rated pilots to interview (thanks to the new system they can even select their own interview date and time!) and are in the process of collating all the “recommended by” applications.
We expect to draw up a shortlist from this group, as the total of pilots recommended by you has now reached in excess of 80. That will still leave in excess of 200 applications that have passed the initial screening criteria, but will sit in a holding pool. Interviews will be dependent on the interview success of our other candidates.

We are very pleased with the way the new automated recruitment system has worked so far. Without doubt, it has saved us a considerable amount of time and money and, above all, made life much easier for our candidates.
Whether we open up recruitment again this year will be dependent upon the interview slots filling up - we don’t expect this to be a problem. As for the assertions in this week’s Flight International about a pilot shortage - based on our experiences so far, this certainly doesn’t appear to affect us. That said, a number of the smaller regional carriers will, I am sure, feel the effects of our recruitment campaign this year. Over the next few months we look forward to welcoming a successful “class of 2007”.

Philip Smallwood, Head of Pilot Management.

Unfortunately I reckon the standard email from Kerry Fox regarding the holding pool is a polite "thanks but no thanks". If it's any consolation I've heard a similar number will be recruited next year barring any unforseen circumstances which might affect the airline.
Good luck anyway.

A320 or bust
6th Aug 2006, 19:55
arse......

itsonlyme
7th Aug 2006, 08:58
This is probably a weird question and feel free to say "bugger off nosey!" but ... I have in region of 4500 heavy jet time, applied before being offered another position, but, didn't get an interview (I'm swimming in the slightly murky holding pool waters). It is slightly irrelevant now but I would love to know why no interview. I have a feeling it may of been the weird question about what salary you wanted (I always thought that the company decided that not the applicant). Would anyone be willing and brave enough to enlighten me as to the answer they put for that question?

Of course it could just be that the decided I was useless and not worth an interview, fully prepared to accept that senario :O

30W
7th Aug 2006, 14:57
From Internal mail at work......

Pilot recruitment update
Further to the tremendous response from our initial recruitment campaign we have now had to close our online recruitment for this year. Prospective applicants may however still sign up for email alerts for when we open recruitment again. Of the 72 interview slots we have made available we have 68 confirmed pilots for interview - all of which are either already type rated or recommended by you. The remaining interview slots will be filled over the next 2 weeks and we have a further 200 pilots currently in a holding pool should we need to conduct further interviews. The standard of the 500 applicants has been very good this year and we think that we will be able to fill the 20 - 30 vacancies after this first interview round. Our pilot interviews start tomorrow and will continue throughout August concluding with our last interview which is currently set for 27 September. The first training course starts at in November where a small number of pilots will join the Company with the majority of new pilots joining us from January 2007 onwards. Thanks to those of you that have recommended pilots this year and sent in emails confirming why you are recommending them, this has helped us with our shortlisting for interview. Unfortunately with such a great response we will not be able to offer interviews to all of the candidates.

Eye off the ball
7th Aug 2006, 22:18
EGGC,
I don't think Easyjet can be considered to be a 'smaller regional carrier;' do you?
Helios may be a bit upset at you dissing his enormous low cost outfit!

ICING AOA
8th Aug 2006, 11:52
BA mainline are looking for a couple of hundred pilots next year

Is BA still recruiting by the way ? on their website there is no vacancies !!! :sad:

Mr Wonka
8th Aug 2006, 13:21
I think BA Mainline are but not BA Connect :=

Baron buzz
12th Aug 2006, 20:01
Anyone that got called for interview had any experience that they would like to share?

Still the relaxed chat - or something more sinister?:}

All the best,

BB

G-SPOTs Lost
14th Aug 2006, 13:19
Back to the top.

Would be delighted to hear from anybody who has had an interview today.

endofeng
6th Sep 2006, 16:29
Anyone heard anything else about this holding pool for Interviews?

I spoke to a guy I know today, and he told me he had the hold pool email, then a couple of weeks ago got a further email saying he was now no longer being considered!!

Anyone else had this further PFO email?

I've only had the one with regards to the hold pool!!!..........

-----------------

EPRman
6th Sep 2006, 20:24
endofeng,

An excerpt from our Pilot Newsletter sent on Monday:

'Recruitment - Summer 2007
First impressions from interviews so far suggest that, once again, the calibre of pilots applying to join us is high. The shortlist has now been compiled and all 72-interview slots have been filled. After the first dozen or so interviews, I am pleased to let you know our first three offers have been verbally accepted and we are awaiting written acceptance.
We still have a number of Boeing and Airbus type rated pilots to see and the spread of other candidates come from a range of other airlines such as: easyJet, Ryanair, BA Connect, Flybe, Eastern Airways, Aurigny, Loganair and the military.
At this point although all interview slots have been filled, we will retain 90 or so pilot applications within a holding pool in case we need to fill the final few vacancies, although at this point we think this is unlikely. Based on experience to date, it is highly unlikely we will re open recruitment this year.
The new pilots will join us as early as November for the first course, although the majority will join us in January and February 2007. Thanks to all those who sent recommendations, we have certainly found these useful and have actively used them in interviews.'

Hope this clarifies the situation.

Regards.

Strepsils
7th Sep 2006, 15:21
EPRman - Is this Thomas Cook or First Choice you're talking about? Doesn't sound like BA:confused:

EPRman
7th Sep 2006, 17:06
Strepsils,

I assumed endofeng was referring to the holding pool for First Choice as this thread is titled 'First Choice Applications go online'.

Regards.

Strepsils
7th Sep 2006, 22:03
EPRman - D'oh! Never noticed the title, got sidetracked by the first few threads at the top of the page.:O

Disregard!

PFO receiver
8th Sep 2006, 15:40
Did anyone receive some feedback after the interview with First Choice?

Regards,

PFO receiver.

PFO sender
8th Sep 2006, 17:25
Nope

Have you?

PFO receiver
8th Sep 2006, 20:30
Very smart... Don´t you see my nick?:ugh:

Beavis and Butthead
12th Oct 2006, 14:28
Anyone not received an answer from the interviews yet??

endofeng
16th Oct 2006, 18:32
Got email today stating my application was no longer in hold pool or being considered, but they would like to keep it for 12 months in case of future requirements....

Oh well, will apply next year then!

----------------

few@two
24th Oct 2006, 20:16
Hi has anyone heard anymore, or got an idea when final decisions are going to be made......? :ok:

Thanks

Rayoflight
24th Oct 2006, 23:31
Hi guys,

I have no idea, I just received an email asking to wait for a few weeks more.

It would be nice if somebody provides information.

cheers.