PDA

View Full Version : EZY, a few questions.

Cleared ILS approach
5th Jul 2006, 16:16
Dear all,

I'm trying to get as much infos as possible regarding EZY. I've got a few questions and if some of you would be kind enough to answer it would be marvellous.

- Which kind of contracts has been offered to new entrants? I mean about the TRSS or direct entry pilot. I've got 1600h TT and 1300h medium jet (sadly not 737/319). What can I expect? I saw the last posts and it seems to make a big difference at the end of the month. I've got a frozen ATPL but the hours required to unfreeze it. Do you think EZY will consider me as an FO or SFO?

- Which base has been proposed recently? I was told that if succesfull I would have to be based in a London base and then put my name on a transfer list. How does it work? What's the average delay before getting your prefered base? I guess it much depends where you want to go but if I could get a rough idea it would be nice.

- What about the roster? It seems to be a 5-2-5-4 fixed pattern. Is there any change foreseen? I will most probably commute from home and 2 days off will be quite short to travel from UK to the continent. But if it's only for a short period that's not a problem. What about leave? Do you keep your fixed days off if you take 5 days of leave?

- And finally what about the pay? I understand it depends of the answer of my first question. What's the take home pay for the different categories? FO-SFO/DE-TRSS?

Thanks a lot for your help?

Kind regards

Kraut
7th Jul 2006, 14:30
Sorry my friend,

there are so many things about EZY written in PPRUNE. All pilots are flying their butts off, to tired to answer questions answered already in this forum.:(

easyme
7th Jul 2006, 14:35
What type rating do you have? The fact that it's not 737/319 doesn't automatically mean you are TRSS

Wizofoz
7th Jul 2006, 15:29
What about the roster? It seems to be a 5-2-5-4 fixed pattern. Is there any change foreseen?

Yes, a new roster pattern is about to be announced, effective winter '06.

Hasn't been clarified, but the guess is 5-3-5-4.

As to leave, yes, you get 5 blocks of 5 days leave, maintaning your pattern.

rhythm method
7th Jul 2006, 16:38
What type rating do you have? The fact that it's not 737/319 doesn't automatically mean you are TRSS

Sorry, but in 99.9% of cases it does mean TRSS. I have over 4700 hrs total, 2000 in command, almost all my hours are on BAe146 (up to 42 Tonnes) and yet they still only offered TRSS....

..the problem is, there are too many people making money from the system. 'A conflict of interests', I'd call it. :hmm:

BitMoreRightRudder
7th Jul 2006, 18:55
All pilots are flying their butts off, to tired to answer questions answered already in this forum.:(

Thats not true Kraut, I'll answer some questio......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Kraut
7th Jul 2006, 21:08
BITMORERITETRUDDER

you are a good, tired guy:ok: , I am only a tired guy:zzz:

jorel
8th Jul 2006, 07:21
Wizofoz,

5,4,5,3 is that definite, is that what the company is saying?

Kraut
8th Jul 2006, 07:47
JOREL

you will see when the BALPA newsletter is published. :)

8th Jul 2006, 14:30
Sorry to hijack but does anyone know if new entrants onto Boeing fleet are still doing the -300 training with NG differences, or are they doing all NG now?

Ta

easyme
8th Jul 2006, 14:57
[quote=rhythm method]Sorry, but in 99.9% of cases it does mean TRSS. I have over 4700 hrs total, 2000 in command, almost all my hours are on BAe146 (up to 42 Tonnes) and yet they still only offered TRSS....

This is not true. For some obscure reason the Bae146 is not considered for DEP. But if you have a Fokker 100, MD80 or any Boeing/Airbus rating you will be DEP. So for 99,9% you will be DEP with a medium size jet-rating.

the guy with 500hrs on a 737-200 will be DEP whilst in this case the guy with 4700hrs on 146 is TRSS. Does this make sense? Most people will say it doesn't. Is TRSS fair considering the market now and is it a money making scheme? Pretty obvious answer too.

But although people might think otherwise, there are rules to who is DEP/TRSS and Easy are sticking to them. So if you don't have a rating considered for DEP you will be TRSS. It doesn't matter how many hours you have.