PDA

View Full Version : SQ Cadet Pilot 1st Interview

pineofus2000
5th Jul 2006, 12:17
Hi Guys~
I am going to have 1st interview with SQ HR on 10th Jul (day after World Cup final..****), is there anyone going to have it on da same day?

Besides from asking me to submit a eyesight report from a qualified ophthalmologist (cost me $1000! :( ), nothing abt the content is mentioned in the e-mail. Is there any insider who can tell me more?
Thanks!

yeeyup
5th Jul 2006, 15:55
WoW! lucky you.
Any chance you can tell me when you applied and which country you are from?

gotak
7th Jul 2006, 02:07
Post what it was like when you are done!

pineofus2000
7th Jul 2006, 17:04
I am jus an ordinary residence of HK. SQ posted the AD on their site in MAY and I applied immediately

Sure I can share with you guys abt the int, provided dat i perform well =) kidding

yeeyup
8th Jul 2006, 17:49
How did ya get your interview call? phone? email? or post?

thanks

pineofus2000
10th Jul 2006, 04:00
How did ya get your interview call? phone? email? or post?
thanks

By email. some insiders said they usually contact the candidates thru email instead of phone calls or else.

ngkaka
11th Jul 2006, 01:12
Just have my interview yesterday. Not too impressive, waiting for about 2 hours and just have an interview for about 15-20 mins. Hadn't be asked for any detail questions, just very very general questions Seems the interviewers are not very interested in knowing more about me, not much chance...... how's everyone doing?

yeeyup
11th Jul 2006, 09:07
Where exactly was the interview done guys?

Crest
11th Jul 2006, 09:25
I did mine today at 1100, waited for 2 hours for the 10-15min interview.

My background: Canadian PPL ME

Question asked:
1) Tell me about yourself
2) You got a family business to run, why do you want to be a pilot
3) You are the only son, what do your mom think you will be moving to Singapore.
4) What do your father think about you being a pilot
5) When did you solo
6) How or who funded your PPL
7) How much did you spend in total
8) How many instructors have you been worked with
9) How far can you swim non-stop
10) How long can you float in the water
11) Why did you get your license
12) Describe what is a good flight
13) Describe the word "Action" in your mind (for my case only, i said something about the lively action in HK)
14) You moved back to HK for 2 years, how do you like it?

That's all i remember so far, no technical quesitons, will get informed in 2 to 3 weeks. If success, will be send to Singapore for 1 week.

Regards,
Nelson

Crest
11th Jul 2006, 11:33
Feilx,

I did not ask, it won't make a difference anyways. We don't have a choice.

Crest

yeeyup
11th Jul 2006, 13:59
Did you guys go to the ticketing office in Admiralty or the Passenger Terminal Building? or elsewhere?

BigBenBang
11th Jul 2006, 14:38
You will be sent to Singapore for further interview, it will probably a 4 days interview plus medical check. Hotel and air ticket are provided by SIA. You guys can also check out this web site: www.askcaptainlim.com (http://www.askcaptainlim.com) , it has all the info that you may need.
About the training in Singapore and Australia, have a look at http://www.sfcpl.com
Good Luck and best wishes! :D

pineofus2000
11th Jul 2006, 16:27
For me, that's not the case as you guys.
I was turned down on the spot as I didn pass the flight grading of CX 2 years before (Big Ben, yes it's me, u know my case~~:) ), they dun wanna bear such risk.
anyway, good luck to u all~:ok:

Cheers,
Henry

mochiman
11th Jul 2006, 18:01
Guys

Despite the off putting experiences you have had in this short process, bear in mind that there is much more to come should you wish to pursue this career. This is nothing necessarily to do with this particular opportunity, but simply due to the nature of airline training.

You have a good opportunity to have your training provided for, to gain some valuable experience with a global carrier and good career prospects. Just don't expect to be treated like princely fashion all the way, especially not when you are first starting out. At the end of the day, when you join on SIA's cadet programme you start from the bottom. As with any job at the bottom, it comes with its own quirks. From their point of view - they have nothing to prove - it's you who has to prove yourself to them. If you can keep the bigger picture in mind it's worth a shot.

Don't expect nice touchy feely remarks from any of the interview process, that is not how it works here. Do make use of the search facility, have a look at the Southeast Asia forum and search for previous posts on the process - the truth is out there!

All the best

MM :D

yeeyup
18th Jul 2006, 10:10
Has anyone else been for the SIA interview? or heard from their first interview?
Man! I am still waiting. I am wondering whether I should just turn up and try my luck.

sunakel
7th Aug 2006, 14:28
Hi everyone, I applied thru the site AD on the 24 july when SIA advertised. Just curious to know roughly how long to wait if shortlisted for the 1st interview? anyone knows? pls advise... :\

extreme P
9th Aug 2006, 18:36
Cx gouge may help. It's online here.

http://www.jetthrust.com/

Under General Aviation Discussions. You may have to register.