PDA

View Full Version : Netjets+commuting to gateway

flyer99
5th Jul 2006, 11:17
I'm considering applying with Netjets, mainly because of lifestyle improvements+ a more exciting operation than my current one with a big lowcost operator. I would like to live in Malta, quite far from one of the NJE gateways: Rome. Malta however has good flight connections to Rome everyday, 4-6 flights a day.

How many days ahead do you know your report time for the start of your sixday tour? Do you always need to be available from midnight on day 1 and thus be at your gateway? Would appreciate any comments from NJE drivers!

flyer99
6th Jul 2006, 17:05
Thanks Mike, that clears a few questions for me! I only know Malta since a couple of years but find it a great place where I could easily live. You're absolutely right, the Maltese buses haven't changed a bit over the past decades, just adds to the pleasant atmosphere I find.

I might be able to combine it with a 6/4 roster at NJE from Rome. Is it sometimes 6/5 as well according to PPJN? How do you experience the Netjets operation and lifestyle yourself?

down-n-locked
28th Jul 2006, 17:50
I posted this on another thread by mistake earlier. could you tell me if you choose a gateway, is it stamped in gold or are there possiblities of changing it later?????? on a permanent basis of course! :bored:

Treetopflyer
29th Jul 2006, 10:51
Down-n-locked

Just answered you in that other thread... :rolleyes: Yes you may change it anytime.

Flyer99

Malta is a marvellous place to live in, loved it myself... Honestly, though, commuting back and forth to Rome will make you go crazy, if you ask me...

As Mike mentionned, you'll have to spend quite a few pre-tour / post-tour nights stuck in Rome...

Also, what if you are on reserve? You'll have to fly to Rome, stay a few days there in the hotel, and then fly back to Malta...

Finally, the airline tickets will end up costing you a fortune, unless you have some sort of jumpseat arrangement...

Good flights to both of you,

TTF

down-n-locked
29th Jul 2006, 13:36
Treetop
as mentioned on other thread thanks a lot
locked:ok:

flyer99
30th Jul 2006, 19:54
Thanks for your reply TT Flyer. I was actually kinda hoping that NJE might allow me to get a ticket straight back to Malta in stead of Rome after a tour? First days of tours/reserves will be quite a different story but if I can get those straight in returns I might get this lifestyle plan on track!