PDA

View Full Version : EK Wanabee seeks direction

coolman775
5th Jul 2006, 10:11
Hello everyone ,
I dream day and night to become a pilot , it's very old dream since I was 5 years old , now that I am 24 years old , I want to make this dream come true. I want work for top airline company and to be specific I want work with Emirates Airlines , and I will do anything no matter what they require to be hired by them. Here in the USA we have over 100s of flight schools , and I would like to know the answer of ONLY two questions please :

1) WHAT FLIGHT SCHOOL EMIRATES AIRLINES RECOMMAND ?
2) WHAT IS THE BEST FLIGHT SCHOOL IN THE WORLD ?

Please please if anyone knows the answer to this questions let me know , thank you very much for your time and your help .

Frank Furillo
5th Jul 2006, 10:21
From the Emirates website.....
Requirements for Position of First Officer - A330/A340 and B777

A minimum of 4000 hours total flying time.
A minimum of 2000 hours multi-crew, multi-engined jet aircraft experience.
ICAO ATPL.
English language fluency (written and verbal comprehension).
Experience commensurate with age.
Type rated would be advantageous.

5Y744
5th Jul 2006, 18:09
Why are you so keen to join EK?

Ray Darr
5th Jul 2006, 19:35
Jeeze...give the kid a break.

Coolman, study everything related to flying (as you undoubtedly have been). Research where YOU think is best to gain the flying time you will need, and study hard. You can play later, trust me! :)

As for specifics that Emirates want, you should WRITE them a letter, and in it, ask for someone you can follow-up with. And stick with your aspirations, regardless what many people will try to tell you.

Good luck. It's a long, rocky road, but with your "I WANNA DO IT!" attitude, you should succeed.

Cheers,
R.D.

inverter
7th Jul 2006, 12:15
Hey dude, u hv the best flying schools right under ur nose, it really does not matter where u finish ur flying or how u get ur license! :oh: u hv to get ur experience up. means ur flying hours beefed up:ugh:!! again how u do it, is up to u= piston, turboprop, turbofan & or space shuttle etc etc, but u hv to get thru the selection process in ek. and i assure u this process is pretty straight forward & clear.
good luck with ur hour building

PITA
7th Jul 2006, 16:11
Please DUDE!

Do not reply to this site as if you were replying to a mates SMS.
Just a request from an old foggy....

coolman775
8th Jul 2006, 22:38
Thank you so much for all of you , it was a great help . But still I want to know just for my information , what is the best flying school in the world now I mean way on top ??? Once again , thank you all . you guys are best .

Outta Heresoon
9th Jul 2006, 00:58
Coolman 775

The best flightschool in the world is the one that I trained at!:}

In all seriousness though, as inverter tried to elude to in coded text, it's not the flying school that makes the pilot, it's the experience he gains during his "probation" years (which could be very many depending on luck and timing!). A flight school will give you a licence to learn and a few tools to throw under your belt to avoid killing yourself in the process. Common sense is something no one can teach, so without it your task will be a daunting one in this industry. There are hundreds or thousands of "good to excellent" schools whether they be in North America, Europe or other parts of the world. The military has also been known to put out a few good pilots on occaision as well if you are interested in that route. We all (or most anyhow) dream to become "heavy jet Captains" during our carrer, but I would say that watching as many others from the right seat (with the right attitude of course), flying in a diverse environment would be one of the best initial "training" you could achieve. It really doesn't matter what type of aircraft or operation you start with as all experience is just that. "You can fly 10,000 hours, or you can fly 1 hour 10,000 times". Read into this as you like. If you start on smaller aircraft moving from the right seat to the left and back to the right of a larger aircraft will also build confidence during your ascent, but remember, "you can't take your confidence from the right seat to the left"

Another good quote " A superior pilot uses his superior judgement to avoid situations which would require his superior skills"

And... "Learn from the mistakes of others as you won't live long enough to learn them all yourself".

Good luck on the LONNNNNNG road ahead. I too started the dream at about the same age. It's not really a job. It's a passion. With determination you WILL get there.:ok:

coolman775
9th Jul 2006, 04:03
Thank you Outta Heresoon (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=130664) vbmenu_register("postmenu_2706270", true); for that great wisdom , I need it. I think I will go with SPARTAN COLLEGE OF AERONAUTICS AND TECHNOLOGY or Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University . Once again thank you very much .:)