PDA

View Full Version : New shoes........

lexxity
4th Jul 2006, 20:08
Help me, help me, help me.

I am going back to work in August and need new navy blue court shoes from a UK supplier.

I'm not a huge fan of the new work supplier, I found that the last couple of pairs I had from them were lasting no longer than 3 months whereas the old suppliers shoes were lasting 6 months or longer.

I can't find any anywhere! So if any of you girls out there in ppruneland can help I would be very, very grateful.

(That'll teach me to throw my last pair out. oops.)

flybywire
5th Jul 2006, 09:56
Help me, help me, help me.
I am going back to work in August and need new navy blue court shoes from a UK supplier.
I'm not a huge fan of the new work supplier, I found that the last couple of pairs I had from them were lasting no longer than 3 months whereas the old suppliers shoes were lasting 6 months or longer.
I can't find any anywhere! So if any of you girls out there in ppruneland can help I would be very, very grateful.
(That'll teach me to throw my last pair out. oops.)

Sometimes the cheapest shoes aren't necessarily the worst ones!!

I bought a pair in Crawley 3 years ago and they are so tough they're still going!! I paid them 14.99 and are very comfortable...I was expecting them either to give me a lot of pain or to die after a few months as I used to walk to work at that time and I had a couple of pais destroyed by my wheelie bag before.

I don't remember the name of the shop but it's in the shopping square right in the centre of Crawley, near the pound shop :}

Otherwise most of the girls here wear M&S ones, but I don't know how good they are. Another good pair of mine is one I bought in the US, maybe have a look around when you're next there! :ok:

mikeyuk
6th Jul 2006, 18:17
wifey has just advised me that Next now have both Navy blue and black shoes in stock - she's been having the same problem sourcing decent shoes too!!:)

bfisk
6th Jul 2006, 19:22
Just bought a pair of Dr. Scholl nice shoes. Black, though, but I'm sure they come in different colours. Neat, professional look and comfy as slippers. Love them :D

Saffala
8th Jul 2006, 16:57
Hi ..don't know if you have tried Debenhams..just bought a pair of cabin and non cabin heels, in attractive navy-blue. they are roberto vianni (bear with me on the spelling!) cabin ones where £ 20 in the sale. v comfey and they still have some, got a second pair yesterday. and the high court shoes were about £45. bit more expensive but wearing well and doesn't look like something your granny would wear..hope this helps..happy hunting x

star84
9th Jul 2006, 01:01
Getting decent shoes is one of the worst things!
I live in a fairly small city and am having the worst trouble just trying to find a pair of black high heels without ribbons, buttons or buckles on them!!

I have decided that if I find a pair, Im going to get about 3 pairs of them so that I dont have to go through this every few months!!

lexxity I dont know if you have 'easy steps' in the UK, but I have found that these are the most comfortable shoes that I have worn on the plane.
Good luck!!

zoom-zoom
9th Jul 2006, 01:11
hey go to williams the shoe man NOW!!! they have a really great shoe navy blue or black, great heel, $59.95 or $69.95, cannot remember but comfortable and will last a good year.

lexxity
10th Jul 2006, 17:48
Thanks everyone. I will go out tomorrow and stock up. I'll be trying Debenhams and Next.

Thanks again.
xxx