PDA

View Full Version : New 'Low Cost' airline Gatwick to Hong Kong

Buster the Bear
4th Jul 2006, 14:58
http://orange.advfn.com/news_New-low-cost-airline-to-offer-75-00-stg-one-way-fare-to-Hong-Kong_16007048.html

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
4th Jul 2006, 20:40
How do they get LGW slots?

Thought it was full to bursting.

Still not yet convinced that a genuine LOCO operation can operate on a long haul basis. Unless they still plan to make their money from a standard club and first cabin in front of a LOCO economy section.

apaddyinuk
4th Jul 2006, 21:29
Still plenty of room in LGW. LHR is the real problem. However if this is a LOCO longhaul service then they probably dont really need "good" slots.

I am a little bit suspicious however that with only 3/4 months to go before the first flight, I am unable to find anywhere to get a fare quote.

ALLDAYDELI
5th Jul 2006, 09:40
Made front cover news item in todays' METRO newspaper

seacue
5th Jul 2006, 11:32
Are there Chinese-language newspapers in the UK? They would seem to be the most efficient place for adverts.

angels
5th Jul 2006, 12:18
seacue - Yeah plenty of Chinese language papers here in Blighty.

Must confess I can't really see this getting off the ground at 75 quid a head. That is obviously a loss leader 'headline' figure.

bycrewlgw
5th Jul 2006, 12:59
yeah but it'll just be one seat at that price the rest will be quite high I should imagine! can't wait for the fares to come out as going to Oz via hong kong in dec and the fares are rediculous!!!!! Oh well, if i will travel at peak times....

Globaliser
5th Jul 2006, 13:14
Must confess I can't really see this getting off the ground at 75 quid a head. That is obviously a loss leader 'headline' figure.The other thing that gets me is their choice of London as their headline route: by January they're going to be up against 11 daily non-stops from LHR to HKG, many of which already do good business through Chinese community distribution channels. What room for a solitary flight ex-LGW?

The rest of the planned route network is much more interesting for an LCC: MXP, BER, CGN, ORD and OAK.

The publicity has, of course, had the usual number one effect on the airline: It's website can't cope.

Bumz_Rush
5th Jul 2006, 14:29
Have you tried to get a club ticket / from LON HK recently....

Ten try to get an air miles round trip club or WT+, almost impossible until 2008...

Bumz

Globaliser
5th Jul 2006, 19:30
Bumz_Rush

Can't see any real problems with availability, either with cash or using BA Miles.