PDA

View Full Version : Loadmasters Question

ME262
4th Jul 2006, 06:07
Hi Guys,
Long time lurker - second time poster.....
I'm looking at mid career changes, and want some info on how to get certification as a loadmaster. I hold a CASA Weight Control Authority and have worked in Weight & Balance & Load Control for a major Australian International Airline until a recent redundnacy - no guesses there, eh??
Anyway, thanks in advance. (All suggestions gleefully accepted!)
Cheers
ME262

3 Holer
4th Jul 2006, 07:17
You may find something at THIS (http://www.theaviationzone.com/main/loadmaster.asp) site.

Buster Hyman
4th Jul 2006, 07:24
ME262...if you are not fussy about pay (ie don't want much) give CV MEL a call...I think they may be in the market for a load controller.

Also, do a search on Freight Dogs...plenty of questions just like yours!:ok:

Lord Snot
4th Jul 2006, 10:48
None of that fancy stuff will make you a good loadmaster.

All you need is the ability to stir a cup of coffee with your old fella and serve it up to the drivers with a straight face.

Buster Hyman
4th Jul 2006, 11:33
"More cream Skipper?":=

skywest_xr
4th Jul 2006, 12:39
Strategic Aviation employ contract load masters. Not sure who they contract them too though.

Flight Manager for Strategic isnt a bad gig, half trolly dolly half loco.

PM me, Im a Loco out west. We could share some goss.

ME262
5th Jul 2006, 12:52
Hey Thanks for the info guys, and apologies for not getting back sooner...

Forgot I had to activate the account.

Oh der...

ME262
5th Jul 2006, 13:04
Oh...

Thanks for the real advice Lord Snot. I tried that one at the office and got a week off work with 3rd degree burns!!!

Cheers

Lord Snot
5th Jul 2006, 13:41
See?? it's an art form only one born from a long line of load-monsters could ever master.

Thus the first thing they teach a trash-hauler pilot: If it's not hot enough to burn the skin off the loadie's wang, don't drink it.

Other Loadie skill-sets include the ability lead your crew unerringly to the sleaziest part of any town in the world, willingness to go ugly early, self-diagnosis of the more colourful social diseases and a host of dirty tricks involving tie-down chains and pilots' overnight bags.