PDA

View Full Version : Info on nz regionals

Friction Nut
4th Jul 2006, 01:35
Gday folks

I’m after some info on nz regionals, the likes of Eagle and Mt Cook.. I‘m curious for info particularly regarding things such as rostering, pay, and staff travel. My biggest question is, can a pilot with either company get back to oz to see his family regularly and does the pilots partner have access to staff travel with Air NZ to visit on regular basis.

Is rostering flexible enough that one can be occasionally finished flying on a Friday afternoon in time to catch a flight to oz and return the next week. Or is there just so much flying that its nearly impossible.

Would very much appreciate any info from guys and girls working in unzud who are either in this situation or know of someone who is. Or even if you have been at some stage in the past.

Cheers in advance.

Cloud Cutter
4th Jul 2006, 02:20
All Air NZ Link regionals (Air Nelson, Mount Cook, Eagle) have access to Air NZ staff travel. You and your nominee are eligible after 6 months, for unlimited, sub-loaded (standby) travel. It costs about $200 inc taxes return to eastern Aus per person. Mount Cook would probably offer the best rostering (with 5 days off per fortnight) but it would be feasible with all three to be able to spend 3 solid days a month in Aus (ie finish work mid-day Fri, and back at mid-day Mon or Tues).

As for pay, if you have an ATPL it ranges from around $39,000 to $58,000 plus $8-12K tax free allowances. The tax rates are a bit higher over here.

In terms of recruitment, It may have dried up for the next 6 months or so, but of course, these things change.

Hope that helps. Good luck:ok: