PDA

View Full Version : Alitalia

fly_guy100
4th Jul 2006, 00:28
When was the last time they recruited for flight attendants? How often do they recruit? Just curious b/c I'm thinking of moving to Italy w/ my friend who lives in Naples.

flyblue
4th Jul 2006, 08:09
Alitalia has not hired for some time, but Alitalia Express has.

To work in an Italian airline you will need the ENAC CC Certificate (Certificazione) which is quite complicated to obtain since you have to be hired by an airline to obtain it (unlike in France where you can get it by yourself), and struggle for months of underpaid work and subtle blackmail of being fired if you don't agree on working extra hours and canceled days off. Sad but true.

I suggest that you consider other airlines, since it could take some time to get a reply from AZ. This provided you have the Italian Certificazione, of course. Otherwise you migh want to look at some foreign LCC based in Italy which I'm told do not require it.

Good luck.

fly_guy100
4th Jul 2006, 09:45
Thanks so much for that information. Can you please tell me what Italian LCC's are out there? I'm an American HOPING they don't require a EU passport or anything like that, just like what LH does, just as long as you have the proper visas.

flyblue
4th Jul 2006, 10:39
Unfortunately you do require a EU passport to work in an Italian airline.

flybywire
4th Jul 2006, 16:35
Alitalia is only recruiting ENAC (italian CAA) certified cabin crew and on a temporary basis (contracts that can or can not be renewed at the airline's discretion).

It is quite a long time since they had courses for N.C. (not certified) cabin crew. If you are looking to get an ENAC licence then I'd suggest you start with other airlines like for example Lauda Italy/Livingstone, Blue Panorama, Neos, and AirItaly (which is run by ex AirEurope management). VolareWeb was the first Italian LCC but I wouldn't wish anybody to get a job there...anyway just a personal thought...WindJet is another LCC but don't know much about them.

If you do not want to get a licence then the only option I can think of is EasyJet out of MXP. They fly on UK CAA contracts and rules.

I am not sure about the US passport though!!

Good luck :ok:

FBW