PDA

View Full Version : Hotel in DFW for CAE/Simuflite recurrent

FlyMD
3rd Jul 2006, 20:59
Hi all,

I'll be doing a recurrent early august at Simuflite Dallas. I've stayed at the Embassy Suites DFW South before, but the Simuflite website seems to says that they have a better shuttle to/from the Marriotts (North and South)...

What's the best solution for a hotel close to Simuflite with/without a rental car?

Tks for the replies,

fMD

checklist69
3rd Jul 2006, 21:12
My bet would be Harvey's Hotel (not the suites). Situated Immediately north of DFW. Shuttle service to SimuFlite, good bar, acceptable restaurant and loadsa drinking vouchers (if booked via SimuFlite).

Rooftop pool, also, from which you can examine the bellies of landing DFW traffic. (Also those of other Texan homo sapiens examples which, generally, are best left ignored!)

:E

'69

mgTF
4th Jul 2006, 13:08
Hi, I suggest the Harvey hotel too, there's a free shuttle service from to cae and is just 5 minutes by car from there.
Nice breackfast and a good restaurant (considering you're in the usa)

The pool on the top of the building is really incredible, pilots need just to be a dot below to prepare a landing chart for a wet runway!!

jrsanch
5th Jul 2006, 03:48
Well, if you like the Embassy I would recomend the one to the North instead, the Embassy Outdoor World, this one having the Outdoor store right next to the hotel and various places to eat within walking distance. Would always recommend a car since the Metroplex has a lot of places to go to, (when you want to depart a bit from academics) I find driving through the middle of the airport quite a sight, specially when aircraft pass above you on the bridge/taxiways.

westhawk
5th Jul 2006, 05:21
I stayed at the Embassy Suites Outdoor World for my recurrent last month. I much prefer it over the several other hotels I've tried. 24 hour shuttle service and plenty of eateries within a 15 minute walk (Grapevine Mills shopping mall)make this the place to be if you don't get a car. Very good rooms and complimentary breakfast buffet every day. If you wish to select something else, I suggest it be in Grapevine. Nice town.

Note: In the month of August, it's gonna be HOT!!! Consider getting a rental car to avoid walking in 40 deg. C temps. Even waiting for the shuttle outside SimuFlite can be too much! Stay indoors during thunderstorms. The lightning and hail can be spectacular.

Best regards,

Westhawk

His dudeness
5th Jul 2006, 08:25
Around the corner (from Embassy suites NORTH) is the outdoor world shop and a BREWERY! You can eat there quite good as well. However, no pool if you would want one.

FlyMD
5th Jul 2006, 11:34
Thank you boys for all the good advice..

My company having decided to finance our rental car for the duration, i guess i'll either go to the Westin, Embassy Suites on the North side, or, for the hotel points, the Marriott DFW North or South...

Cheers,

fMD

westhawk
6th Jul 2006, 07:41
If you have a car, and the company won't balk at the price, I think you'll find the North location the better choice between the two Marriotts. Shorter drive, better Marriott and closer to Grapevine! I collect those points too. (Good vacation club golf properties.)

Best regards,

Westhawk

c150driver
6th Jul 2006, 18:07
My vote is for the Embassy suites Outdoor world (next to Bass Pro Shop)...great place to stay, free breakfast and booze at night and walking distance to the mall and movie theater.

John