PDA

View Full Version : KA Initial Interview LGW

NYC
3rd Jul 2006, 20:26
Hi Guys,

I just got an invitation for the initial B747 classic interview in LGW (First Officer). According to my information, in the regular 1st interview for the Airbus, they focus more on general and personal stuff and ask just few or even nothing technical.
Is there any major difference...has anybody reliable information???

Thanks in advance, appreciate any idea!!!!

greetings

Dan Winterland
4th Jul 2006, 14:57
Take a look at the sticky at the top of this forum.

NYC
4th Jul 2006, 17:09
Hi Dan,

I already went through this stuff, but the Interview for the MAN based 747 classic F/O's was not mentioned at all. Most Airbus applicants are already type rated, so it's no big deal to talk about type specific stuff.
As many other applicants I am not rated on the classic, so it's probably going to be a surprise...
Still appreciate any information!

But thanks anyway Dan

Dan Winterland
5th Jul 2006, 04:24
The process is the same for both, the sticky was written by a chap who was interviewed for the Classic. Very few applicants are rated on type. The sim ride will be on the type the interviewers are current on, not what type you're being interviewed for.

NYC
5th Jul 2006, 10:37
Many thanks for the help...will let you guys know about any changes!!!

cx4dummies
5th Jul 2006, 11:05
check your pm's

Sky Hooker
5th Jul 2006, 16:48
Hi Guys

Been invited for an interview with KA. Anyone with some info about the first interview?

what can you expect.

Cheers

Happy landings

NYC
18th Jul 2006, 22:57
Hi folks,

I just read about the 2nd stage in the sticky and I am just curious if one of you guys has any idea what kind of SIM is normally used (B737, A320,...) As far as I know the SIM is once again in LGW?!?

Cheers

V1mcg
22nd Jul 2006, 08:05
Been invitated to interview as well in August for a MAN first officer position.

Any extra info would be appreciated.

Is the KA 747 sim now operational in LGW area??

NYC
22nd Jul 2006, 14:14
Hi V1mcg,

Dan Winterland was right, just expect a very pleasant personal 1h interview without any technical questions. It's just about you, your previous career and your future goals...be yourself and honest!!

Good luck!!

bobmij
1st Aug 2006, 16:05
Can anyone help to fill in details on the sim ride and tech interview? I have mine at the end of August and need all the help I can get.
Thanks