PDA

View Full Version : GF 777s

akerosid
3rd Jul 2006, 20:20
Apparently, GF is to order 8-10 777s within the next 6 weeks or so (possibly announced at Farnborough); included in the order will be a small number of -200LRs, to allow GF to fly BAH-SYD and BAH-US nonstop.

Apparently, no 787s or (obviously) A350s at this stage.

boiler
4th Jul 2006, 11:13
Interesting. I heard from a source that GF will go with Boeing, but order the 787's to replace the 767's. In the meantime, GF will get some older A343's and possibly some 737's over the course of a few years until the 787's are available.

point8four
4th Jul 2006, 11:49
AH Speculation wonderful speculation.

The truth is no-ones knows and those who may(and only may) know are not telling. Bumped into boeing boys a while back here doin' some romancin', but I'll believe it when I'm strapped in ready to push back.
Wouldn't mind doing a little flying on the 340, haven't flown low level for years!

Panama Jack
4th Jul 2006, 12:24
Sounds interesting, and IMHO a right move for the Company, but . . .

in recalling old words of wisdom, don't fully believe it til you see it at the gate in BAH and with a gold falcon painted on the tail. ;)

I wonder whether the current crisis at Airbus makes the A350 less palatable to plane buyers?

ironbutt57
4th Jul 2006, 12:36
Could do, seeing that Airbus isn't even sue there is an A-350 at this juncture:hmm:

sec 3
4th Jul 2006, 12:53
Ironbutt on an Airbus:eek: Imagine that!!:}

point8four
4th Jul 2006, 13:36
I-B57 would you set foot in an airbus??

Not sure I could hack the complicated french system that perfected aviation in so many ways!?:confused:

How could you fault logic that says a switch is not off, its just "not on".:ugh:

Ah cest la vie mes amie's these are interesting times indeed, I hope its boeing so we can keep on going!
Boeing and Harley Davidson!
Airbus and Citroen?
Mind you they did ok in the world cup, so far. (No French bashing intended-only a matter of opinion)

But we digress from the topic at hand. Rumours of many sorts are spawned right here and its always interesting to see how they travel full circle!

Keep on truckin' dudes, it keeps us alive!

ironbutt57
4th Jul 2006, 19:32
Sh%%#@t happens..

In such way that...
5th Jul 2006, 18:19
So, which kind of source is reliable in GF?

boiler
6th Jul 2006, 10:02
Sources tell me the "board" has "postponed" the meeting which was scheduled for Sunday to decide on the 767 replacement. So do not expect any decision on the fleet anytime soon. While the average age of other airlines in the region are getting younger, GF is getting older. I hope they get their act together soon.

Left Coaster
6th Jul 2006, 10:52
Guys... this was the same lines GF used over two years ago...I seem to remember the numbers were about the same as welll. Carrots anyone? And the only way IB57 would get in an airbus is if it had four engines on it...no more light twins for him!!!:}

LDG NO BLUE
6th Jul 2006, 17:01
Heard that story before....
Like Panama, I believe we have a new plane only when the falcon is on its tail and even then, maybe!

LNB

ironbutt57
7th Jul 2006, 05:51
Lefty, dont say the words "airbus" and "engines" in the same sentence!! :} ;) formula= thrust required.. divide by 5,.. install 4...

sec 3
7th Jul 2006, 07:23
Hey Ironbutt,guess you never had a ride on a 340-500:confused:

ironbutt57
7th Jul 2006, 07:35
never say never:ok:

sec 3
7th Jul 2006, 07:42
One of my favorite sayings.You never know whats gonna happen tomorrow.Specially in this bussiness:sad:

Left Coaster
7th Jul 2006, 10:11
Namashkar oh wise one...How did you remember the thrust v weight airbus math? The very fact that GF will only ever use their own version of what works makes the formulae wrong!!!:ugh: Hope it works for them! But you know that the carrot is only just a long dirty veg...:=
Cheers,
Lefty

virgin camel
7th Jul 2006, 15:56
Before GF start shopping for aircraft it would be prudent to sort out their current fleet first.
Anyone who has stepped near the 2 A320s AEP and AER know that these are crap with upto and over 20 ADDs and MDDs their priorities are misplaced.
Secondly they would be wise to keep their pilots.....pilots are leaving GF in record numbers and one way of doing this is to address the outdated housing and schooling allowances which are totally unrealistic with the current living conditions in BAH.
Spend the money where its needed and then go window shopping.

jimmyhagendas
8th Jul 2006, 18:23
When is the promised 5% payrise due ?
And what about the roumor of increaced housing alowance,any truth to this ?

Spirit
21st Jul 2006, 12:25
Hey, anybody heard anything about the GF fleetplans?
I thought, they were gonna announce it on the FAS, but still no news...
:oh:

Panama Jack
21st Jul 2006, 13:59
When is the promised 5% payrise due ?

Found the Notification of Change in Rate of Pay in my mailbox yesterday. 5% raise, effective 2006/07/01. :ok:

Stratosphere6000
6th Sep 2006, 21:41
Latest I've heard, A330 looks very much on the cards. GF also re-evaluating the A350XWB. Gonna be a long wait till they finally decide what to do. Possibly 2 B767's leaving Fleet next year

ExSimGuy
10th Sep 2006, 20:25
Possibly 2 B767's leaving Fleet next year
Might be a good thing - just been on a RUH-BAH in one of the 767s - got seat "E" and, even though my neighbours either side were not over-weight, they had problems with "elbows".

Didn't have my tape measure with me ;) but subjectively the seating width seemed rather narrower than on the ScareBus fleet.

Okay, only a one-hour flight (why do they bother with catering on that?) but followed by a BAH-DOH with an hour and a half in the immigration hall, made a thoroughly unpleasant trip - almost wished I had used the car!