PDA

View Full Version : Flight Planning

seatofpants
3rd Jul 2006, 19:17
I've heard nothing but negative feedback from people who have sat the ATPL Flight Planning exam over the last few months. Perhaps someone can advise as to what sections of the exam gave problems. I've been doing the Bristol online questions but was told that these questions didnt represent the actual exam at all.

Eurotraveller
3rd Jul 2006, 19:27
I found the Flight Planning exam fine, and thought the Bristol questions represented the exam paper pretty well. There was a good mix of graph reading questions and map reading ones, and a few fuel calculations chucked in, much the same as the question bank, and the feedback on the brush up course.

I think you may have been talking to some doom mongers, flight planning is not the most difficult exam. General Nav on the other hand...

Eurotraveller

littco
3rd Jul 2006, 19:35
Have to agree Flight planning isn't that tough, the majority of it is reading from the cap manual and 2 maps.

Everything we covered at Bristol came up in the exams...

mcgoo
3rd Jul 2006, 19:44
ditto, i went to BGS and found that tom prepared us fine for the exam, i didn't hear of anyone out of our class failing it, bristol feedback was crack on in my opinion

seatofpants
3rd Jul 2006, 19:51
Phew, I feel better already!!... except for the Gen Nav comment!!... those are the two exams I am sitting next month... Unfortunately I did 6 months groundschool but have heard nothing but good comments about the Bristol brush-up course. Hopefully the online questionbank will get me through.

Eurotraveller
3rd Jul 2006, 20:24
Don't worry seatofpants, it's not that bad, I'm just bitter cos I failed GNav first time round!! As long as you grasp the concepts properly before you go in you'll be fine, Bristol and their feedback/brush up course are absolutely fantastic and will get you through. I was just exceptionally sh*te at general nav!!

Eurotraveller